Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road
Default We the people

Admins and IV Leads,

I am sure you must be knowing about this already but I still have to try and ask.

Please refer to the following article published by White House -
https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015...pond-petitions

It says -
Quote:
....We’re going to be changing a few things about We the People.

First, from now on, if a petition meets the signature goal within a designated period of time, we will aim to respond to it  —  with an update or policy statement — within 60 days wherever possible....
White House is assuring that any petition reaching 100,000 signature in 60 days will surely get a response. We could start a coordinated effort to petition for passing Bill H.R. 213. I know what your stand is about signing petitions, but, this one is directly to White House and surely not any ordinary petition site. And if it does reach the said goal then we have their attention and could see some progress on H.R. 213.

Let us know what you think about this. Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:29 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_walker333 View Post
Admins and IV Leads,

I am sure you must be knowing about this already but I still have to try and ask.

It says -

White House is assuring that any petition reaching 100,000 signature in 60 days will surely get a response. We could start a coordinated effort to petition for passing Bill H.R. 213. I know what your stand is about signing petitions, but, this one is directly to White House and surely not any ordinary petition site. And if it does reach the said goal then we have their attention and could see some progress on H.R. 213.

Good question
Firstly WH does not pass bills. Congress does.

Secondly bills have a lot of lobbying and political capital behind them. Nothing in free. There are no free lunches in America. And email petition is a free lunch.

Thirdly the response you get is a boilerplate response by an intern who has a list of issues and response already ready. You already know what the WH position is on an issue so why do it.

The only way a petition can be useful if it is run by an organization and then the organization goes for an in person meeting and says, see 100K members of our organization also signed a petition by the way. But here IV meets WH on regular basis. So whats the point of wasting energy on junk.

BTW this question is asked so many times and response is given, But people still ask. Maybe we should have some FAQ somewhere for all such questions.

I think this FAQ is something we should ask from IV now

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
Good question
Firstly WH does not pass bills. Congress does.

Secondly bills have a lot of lobbying and political capital behind them. Nothing in free. There are no free lunches in America. And email petition is a free lunch.

Thirdly the response you get is a boilerplate response by an intern who has a list of issues and response already ready. You already know what the WH position is on an issue so why do it.

The only way a petition can be useful if it is run by an organization and then the organization goes for an in person meeting and says, see 100K members of our organization also signed a petition by the way. But here IV meets WH on regular basis. So whats the point of wasting energy on junk.

BTW this question is asked so many times and response is given, But people still ask. Maybe we should have some FAQ somewhere for all such questions.

I think this FAQ is something we should ask from IV now
Buddy, let us not be pessimistic about this. Doing this petition could support our efforts behind H.R. 213 and not really hurt it. I suggest you give it a thorough consideration before decisions.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road
Default What is your logic behind asking WH about HR213?

WH has nothing to do with HR213. HR213 goes to WH only after it has been passed by Congress for the President to sign.

Why do you want to bother WH about HR213? I am not understanding your logic.

I saw some people have asked WH to approve HR213 ASAP in response to some comments on the OMB website. I don't know if these people are genuinely stupid, or they are purposely trying to harm us by pissing off WH and closing the door right in front of us.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post

I saw some people have asked WH to approve HR213 ASAP in response to some comments on the OMB website. I don't know if these people are genuinely stupid, or they are purposely trying to harm us by pissing off WH and closing the door right in front of us.
Bingo! If I were WH/DHS, I would be pissed at these irrelevant comments.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Buddy, let us not be pessimistic about this. Doing this petition could support our efforts behind H.R. 213 and not really hurt it. I suggest you give it a thorough consideration before decisions.
Mr.Buddy, All he is saying is why build another road to Rome, when you have a 6 lane road already available with little traffic. Instead of building another road to Rome, build the other roads (talking to your congressmen) that will help our cause. As well, do make sure to read the other threads, where admins have already explained these in detail. As well, if you could not understand waitingwaiting's response, I doubt you should bother about mine. Good luck!

Old 07-29-2015, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

In order for this thing to become a law:

1. It has to pass committee
2. The house speaker has to schedule it for a vote
3. It has to be voted in by a majority
4. Goes to senate
5. Senate has to vote this in
6. Goes to president, who has to sign it.

The petition will only help at step 6, IF the president doesn't sign it for whatever reason.

Do you think we should be focused on steps 1-5 or step 6?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodyn55 View Post
In order for this thing to become a law:

1. It has to pass committee
2. The house speaker has to schedule it for a vote
3. It has to be voted in by a majority
4. Goes to senate
5. Senate has to vote this in
6. Goes to president, who has to sign it.

The petition will only help at step 6, IF the president doesn't sign it for whatever reason.

Do you think we should be focused on steps 1-5 or step 6?
Thanks for explaining that with right info and without any insult. I appreciate that.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thanks for explaining that with right info and without any insult. I appreciate that.
You're welcome. What you're saying is well meaning, but it won't help for now. I think focusing on congressmen is definitely something we can do. Think of a petition, but towards the congressmen. My understanding of this thread that one of the key people. Rep. Guiterrez, is still not a co sponsor. If you know anyone in NJ (or are from NJ yourself) that is where you can channel your efforts.

If we can get a 100 people calling into Rep. Guiterrez's office requesting this, he will find it very hard to ignore.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodyn55 View Post
You're welcome. What you're saying is well meaning, but it won't help for now. I think focusing on congressmen is definitely something we can do. Think of a petition, but towards the congressmen. My understanding of this thread that one of the key people. Rep. Guiterrez, is still not a co sponsor. If you know anyone in NJ (or are from NJ yourself) that is where you can channel your efforts.

If we can get a 100 people calling into Rep. Guiterrez's office requesting this, he will find it very hard to ignore.
Guiterrez is from Illinois (IL-4). More than an online petition, if one can get a real letter with 100 hand printed signatures, Rep Guiterrez cannot turn us back. It will be the best effort people from IL can do for themselves.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tefl0n is on a distinguished road

Happened to come across this, thought it might be of interest to some here...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...gally-speaking

Old 07-30-2015, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Admins and IV Leads,

It says -

EVEN IF you could get 100k signatures in 60 days, what are you going to petition for?

Per-country cap removal? They'll tell you it isn't possible without statuary change thru congress - HR.213.

Anything else? They'll tell you they are working it.

So why waste time with the admin? Use the time to go after congressmen to sponsor HR.213.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tefl0n View Post
Happened to come across this, thought it might be of interest to some here...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...gally-speaking
If you have money to spare, please donate it to us: donations.immigrationvoice.org

Unlike those guys, every penny donated will go towards getting you your greencard faster. We suggest $25/month for 1 year. Thank you.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Called up Mike McCaul - Katy, Texas

I called up office of Congressman Mike McCaul of Katy, TX and left a message with his assistant with a request for Co-Sponsoring hr213. I will follow up.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sourab is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am currently in Chesterfield, MO. I am trying to reach out to Missouri state chapter team but am unable to. The message I sent to the group was rejected by Google as it was unable to find the group.

Can someone please let me know who shall I contact from MO state chapter to become an active member/volunteer for IV MO and can assist in any possible way I can?

Thanks,
Sourab