Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greenappletx is infamous around these parts

Hi IV & all,

Do you advise on below. thanks

Regulations.gov
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

It's not the one!

Old 08-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourab View Post
Hi,

I am currently in Chesterfield, MO. I am trying to reach out to Missouri state chapter team but am unable to. The message I sent to the group was rejected by Google as it was unable to find the group.

Can someone please let me know who shall I contact from MO state chapter to become an active member/volunteer for IV MO and can assist in any possible way I can?

Thanks,
Sourab
Sourab,

Please PM me your contact, if you have done it to anyone else already. I will forward it to the concerned.

Thanks

Old 08-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
orangebird is on a distinguished road

So in the October Bulletin, there will be heavy movement? From going current to moderately heavy movement to the reality of retrogression, and further to 2005 as per Charles Oppenheimer. What is the current reality of things?

Old 08-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
orangebird is on a distinguished road

HR213 - on adding more and more supporters, again where does this stand? There is hardly one year left for the congress to wrap up. Other than getting supporters/co-sponsors in the Senate fine, what about the House?

Old 08-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Called up Pete Olsen - Katy, Texas

Some of my friends in Pete Olsen's, Katy-Sugarland - TX called up the congressman's office. We will follow up again.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SatnamSingh is on a distinguished road
Default DHS - Report

http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fil...Report_508.pdf

Page 12
Employment-Based Immigrant Petition (Form I-140) Processing
Stakeholders continue to report concerns pertaining to USCIS’ handling of employment-based immigrant petitions. With extensive backlogs in certain employment-based preference categories due to statutory visa caps and potential changes to USCIS policies on petitioner-beneficiary rights, it is imperative that USCIS maintain clear and consistent communication with its stakeholders. In recent months, USCIS has taken steps to review its longstanding policy on who is an “affected party” when it comes to appealing a decision of a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker. The Ombudsman encourages USCIS to consider the significant case law and recognize legal standing for certain beneficiaries of a Form I-140 petition.

Page 15
I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker; or (2) have been granted H-1B status under sections 106(a) and (b) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 (AC21), as amended by the 21st Century Department of Justice Appropriations Authorization Act.50 Additionally, on March 24, 2015, USCIS published for public comment draft guidance on L-1B Specialized Knowledge, with a target effective date of August 31, 2015.51 Other initiatives related to employment-based programs, including guidance for foreign workers waiting in the visa queues seeking to take advantage of portability under AC21 were still in development at the time this Report was finalized.

Page 50
Employment-Based Immigrant Petition (Form I-140) Processing
Responsible USCIS Offices: Service Center Operations Directorate and Office of Policy and Strategy
Stakeholders continue to report concerns pertaining to USCIS’ handling of employment-based immigrant petitions. With extensive backlogs in certain employment-based preference categories due to statutory visa caps and potential changes to USCIS policies on petitioner-beneficiary rights, it is imperative that USCIS maintain clear and consistent communication with its stakeholders. In recent months, USCIS has taken steps to review its longstanding policy on who is an “affected party” for employment-based petitions. The Ombudsman encourages the agency to consider the significant case law supporting some form of legal standing for beneficiaries of a Form I-140 petition.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SatnamSingh is on a distinguished road
Default DHS Report recent published

Report was been published recently .....

DHS Ombudsman 2015 Annual Report of 06/29/2015 to the Congress on USCIS Services

http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fil...Report_508.pdf

Old 09-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV Texas State Chapter

Could you please let me know the contacts for IV Texas Chapter? Specifically if you have any one in the Houston Area?

Old 09-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kichoudh View Post
Could you please let me know the contacts for IV Texas Chapter? Specifically if you have any one in the Houston Area?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/IVStChapterTX

Please join and you may get your information there.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...140-approval-4

Found that a petition was started on We The People forum. Well, we cannot educate/stop each and every individual :-)

Old 09-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_walker333 View Post

Found that a petition was started on We The People forum. Well, we cannot educate/stop each and every individual :-)
jerks and some lawyers do these kind of things. That lawyer Shan pally will then claim that he changed the world the world by bringing the freedom to immigrants. Whereas the fact is he and immigration lawyers are part of system of corruption to exploit H1B/L1B/pending green card immigrants.

IV has said that EAD for 140 is already done deal. We already know that Administration is working on regulations. This is already done done. When something is already done deal, that is why Shan pally and or these jerks will start petition, do 1 meeting after it is already done, and claim that they got it done .... kids

Old 09-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tpathrose is on a distinguished road

i understand signing this petition does not help
But won't it help to let the word out so that more people can help? How many people knows about IV? i only heard it 2 months before . signing will only show our strength and don't do much harm.
I see more than 6k signs, if you say they can come and volunteer, may be most people can't.but they can show their support this way. even my American friends are ready to sign it.But i am sure they wont be an activist for this cause.
All this can do is to show more people support our cause and put some light on the issue?
politicians also like to get into issue which they seem will gain more vote.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold

Its not IV's fault that you don't know them. Understand the objective of the group, before throwing out Hail Mary passes. Your interest in immigration would have got you here.

Signing up junk petitions does not show any strength. In fact It does harm serious effort.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpathrose View Post
i understand signing this petition does not help
But won't it help to let the word out so that more people can help? How many people knows about IV? i only heard it 2 months before . signing will only show our strength and don't do much harm.
I see more than 6k signs, if you say they can come and volunteer, may be most people can't.but they can show their support this way. even my American friends are ready to sign it.But i am sure they wont be an activist for this cause.
All this can do is to show more people support our cause and put some light on the issue?
politicians also like to get into issue which they seem will gain more vote.
Before you expect any replies, can you tell when did you come into this country and update your profile with current status? Then lets talk about your concern !