Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpathrose View Post
i understand signing this petition does not help
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...140-approval-4
But won't it help to let the word out so that more people can help? How many people knows about IV? i only heard it 2 months before . signing will only show our strength and don't do much harm.
I see more than 6k signs, if you say they can come and volunteer, may be most people can't.but they can show their support this way. even my American friends are ready to sign it.But i am sure they wont be an activist for this cause.
All this can do is to show more people support our cause and put some light on the issue?
politicians also like to get into issue which they seem will gain more vote.
You got some genuine responses above. The change IV has been working on for years will happen with or without this or any other petition. You can delete this petition and the same change that we already know and that we already announced 6 months back will happen. So if these petitions have ZERO influence on policy making, then what is the point of these frivolous petitions? What is the point of doing something that has absolutely NADA affect on the outcome?

You argument is - its ok to do petitions because it is convenient. You think 6K or 60K shows any strength? So you DHS/WH is not aware how many people are affected by this fix? The truth is, it doesn't matter if you have 6K or 60K anonymous people sign some useless petition. You might as well create a bot program to sign the petition for we care.

People who chose convenience over adequately working to make a change, deserve neither convenience or change.

You can get back to signing petitions all day along, but please keep spare us from this madness of convenience and laziness.

We worked on advocating the fixes for years and we made it happen. We shared over 6 months back that these changes will happen with next fiscal year. Now its the lawyer's turn to announce breaking news (after 6 months) to claim that they personally had a cup of tea with President Obama last evening to convince him to make these changes for poor immigrants (i.e. us). Now you can get back to "signing" these pathetic petitions.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2015, 01:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
You got some genuine responses above. The change IV has been working on for years will happen with or without this or any other petition. You can delete this petition and the same change that we already know and that we already announced 6 months back will happen. So if these petitions have ZERO influence on policy making, then what is the point of these frivolous petitions? What is the point of doing something that has absolutely NADA affect on the outcome?

You argument is - its ok to do petitions because it is convenient. You think 6K or 60K shows any strength? So you DHS/WH is not aware how many people are affected by this fix? The truth is, it doesn't matter if you have 6K or 60K anonymous people sign some useless petition. You might as well create a bot program to sign the petition for we care.

People who chose convenience over adequately working to make a change, deserve neither convenience or change.

You can get back to signing petitions all day along, but please keep spare us from this madness of convenience and laziness.

We worked on advocating the fixes for years and we made it happen. We shared over 6 months back that these changes will happen with next fiscal year. Now its the lawyer's turn to announce breaking news (after 6 months) to claim that they personally had a cup of tea with President Obama last evening to convince him to make these changes for poor immigrants (i.e. us). Now you can get back to "signing" these pathetic petitions.
You can sign petitions until the cows come home - but wouldn't you rather have someone look at decision makers in the eye and convey your message: https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...784413121116:0 ?

On a separate note, looking for volunteers who are in the New Haven, CT area - Elizabth Esty's district. If you are from the area (or even are in CT) please join the state chapter - link is in my signature below.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 09-11-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

It has come to our attention after all the work we did pushing HR.213 and all the noise we have made - FINALLY fwd.us has realized that there is a passable bill that will help a large part of their constituency and they seem to be getting behind it.

Please encourage them & help us get the message to congress by retweeting the below:

https://twitter.com/immivoice/status/643567744181530624

https://twitter.com/fwd_us/status/643536200343662592

Please don't try to improvise the message, some offices like fwd.us others don't, so by adding the wrong office in you could end up turning the office against HR.213.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
It has come to our attention after all the work we did pushing HR.213 and all the noise we have made - FINALLY fwd.us has realized that there is a passable bill that will help a large part of their constituency and they seem to be getting behind it.

Please encourage them & help us get the message to congress by retweeting the below:

Please don't try to improvise the message, some offices like fwd.us others don't, so by adding the wrong office in you could end up turning the office against HR.213.
Done!

Old 09-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Really??? I thought Fwd.us is one of our biggest enemy....all they care is unlimited H1s?

Old 09-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by advik20 View Post
Really??? I thought Fwd.us is one of our biggest enemy....all they care is unlimited H1s?
Make no mistake H1 remains their primary focus, just the political environment is not conducive for more H1 at the moment.

Dunno what the internal politics of FWD is, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are under pressure to produce results and HR.213 is the only immigration bill that can move at this time. We ultimately expect a lot of interest groups jumping on the HR.213 bandwagon - and claiming credit - after we did the legwork of getting the sponsors together and maintaining the viability of the bill - in this very toxic environment for immigration bills.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-14
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hanzra is on a distinguished road
Default wrong information in media

came across this article where writer says that HR213 is a terrible bill as it would bring in more tech worker in USA.

It seems that there are people who dont clearly understand the bill and think that this would increase the green cards.

Congress Attempts to Rein Itself In | American Free Press

Old 09-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzra View Post
came across this article where writer says that HR213 is a terrible bill as it would bring in more tech worker in USA.

It seems that there are people who dont clearly understand the bill and think that this would increase the green cards.

Congress Attempts to Rein Itself In | American Free Press
To me, the FWD move & now this wierd article are symptoms of HR.213 starting to move.

If you are on the fence as to whether to participate, please get off the fence, join a state chapter and put up a post in your state chapter stating your location & nearby Congressmen and asking how you can help.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-16-2015, 05:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BuildingDave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To me, the FWD move & now this wierd article are symptoms of HR.213 starting to move.

If you are on the fence as to whether to participate, please get off the fence, join a state chapter and put up a post in your state chapter stating your location & nearby Congressmen and asking how you can help.
Just awesome.
Good idea, we will try it.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

3 more sponsors for HR.213 have shown up on congress.gov.

Congratulations to the volunteers who did the legwork of getting them on the bill. These things take a lot of work and don't happen by themselves.

We have crossed the 50 co-sponsors mark now!

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hetaljdave is on a distinguished road
Default Hr 213

What does that mean for this bill to get on the floor for voting?

Old 09-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetaljdave View Post
What does that mean for this bill to get on the floor for voting?
This is a matter of probabilities. Adding co-sponsors serves two subtly different purposes:
  1. It demonstrates the level support for the actual HR.213 bill
  2. Since HR.213 is so narrowly crafted, it also demonstrates support for addressing the issue of per-country cap removal for EB Green Cards.

Adding co-sponsors, means it is more likely to get to the floor - but does not guarantee anything unfortunately.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

Quote:

How to tweet this message? I created Twitter account.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by palciparum View Post
How to tweet this message? I created Twitter account.
One way to do it is while logged into your Twitter account, click on those links and then click on the "retweet" logo.

The "retweet" logo looks like a composed of two arrows bent at 90 degrees.

Or you could just click on the links, click on the "retweet" logo and sign in when prompted.

Thank you.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 09-18-2015 at 11:35 PM.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Was just brought to my attention that Friend of High Skilled Immigrants, Friend of IV and all around great human being Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren has our California Chapter as the first picture on her website: https://lofgren.house.gov

She obviously is the lead co-sponsor of HR.213. If you appreciate her fighting for us, please like her Facebook page & if you are in the state, shoot off a few lines to her office thanking her for "co-sponsoring and Championing" HR.213.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER