Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
legalexpat is on a distinguished road

Now that Paul Ryan is the speaker, how does this affect HR.213 especially considering that he has explicitly said he would not bring an immigration bill to the floor.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by advik20 View Post
how many do we need?
124. That no will pass hastert rule.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalexpat View Post
Now that Paul Ryan is the speaker, how does this affect HR.213 especially considering that he has explicitly said he would not bring an immigration bill to the floor.
We feel very good about Paul Ryan as speaker. Here is explicitly what he promised to do in a note as per Rep. Mo Brooks :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ryan Note
As Speaker, you will not allow any immigration bill to reach the House Floor for a vote unless the immigration bill is “supported by a majority of the majority” of Republican House Members.
Because HR.213 is identical to HR.3012 - which passed the house 389-15, it already passed the Hastert rule.

At this point in time, we feel better about Speaker Ryan than we did about Speaker Boehner. The current situation pretty much guarantees the demise of all HR.213 competitor bills and leaves HR.213 in a stronger place (if for no other reason).

We just need to keep pushing for more sponsors until we get a vote. Getting more sponsors is getting easier and easier since potential sponsors friends are more and more likely to already be on the bill. People just need to go ask.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-29-2015, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Excellent !! I did not know that the hastert rule could be used from previous congress. Also, it looks like 210 republicans voted, so even if 30% change their mind, we should still be good.

All the more reason for people to start pushing really hard for this.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

FYI, AILA stuff has sidetracked a lot of good discussions and productive initiatives - like HR.213 meetings and I140-EAD information, so we are moving all such things to a new thread (AILA News and Discussion). Please enjoy responsibly

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

From the other post, it looks like there are handouts that are provided by IV. When I met my rep, I made my own. I am fairly certain IV would be more convincing.

Can someone please share them with me ?

Old 11-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Anybody volunteers in Tampa, Fl please PM me.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts

Hastert rule is not a problem for Hr213 as HR3012 was passed with 95% majority in house. If you review what happened for HR 3012 it appeared that bright chance of HR 3012 becoming law. After passage in house it seems Grassley initially wants to change the bill that to increase the quota than removing country cap. When IV did not agree for the negotiation he put a hold. After final negotiation Grassley agreed to remove the hold. There was no interest in Democratic leadership or GOP leadership to bring the bill. If they were interested they could bring the bill and that could remove any hold or filibuster easily by getting 60 plus votes. It is practical that both leaderships aware of the impact of Hr 213 or HR 3012 though most in congress do not care but wants to vote favorably if it comes. Numbers in voting is not a problem any time. I think huge invisible opposition for this and I am sure those are leading the effort by IV aware of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
We feel very good about Paul Ryan as speaker. Here is explicitly what he promised to do in a note as per Rep. Mo Brooks :

Because HR.213 is identical to HR.3012 - which passed the house 389-15, it already passed the Hastert rule.

At this point in time, we feel better about Speaker Ryan than we did about Speaker Boehner. The current situation pretty much guarantees the demise of all HR.213 competitor bills and leaves HR.213 in a stronger place (if for no other reason).

We just need to keep pushing for more sponsors until we get a vote. Getting more sponsors is getting easier and easier since potential sponsors friends are more and more likely to already be on the bill. People just need to go ask.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by senram View Post
Hastert rule is not a problem for Hr213 as HR3012 was passed with 95% majority in house. If you review what happened for HR 3012 it appeared that bright chance of HR 3012 becoming law. After passage in house it seems Grassley initially wants to change the bill that to increase the quota than removing country cap. When IV did not agree for the negotiation he put a hold. After final negotiation Grassley agreed to remove the hold. There was no interest in Democratic leadership or GOP leadership to bring the bill. If they were interested they could bring the bill and that could remove any hold or filibuster easily by getting 60 plus votes. It is practical that both leaderships aware of the impact of Hr 213 or HR 3012 though most in congress do not care but wants to vote favorably if it comes. Numbers in voting is not a problem any time. I think huge invisible opposition for this and I am sure those are leading the effort by IV aware of this.
Welcome back

Thank you for reminding us once again of "Senram Mentality".

Also, your facts are wrong about HR.3012. I hope someone takes the time to correct you - sadly I don't have the time right now.

Here is the deal, we have a bill - HR.213. Bill has 59 sponsors. Bill has passed before 389-15. We have a Senate strategy. Bill has a lot going for it.

Passing a bill is not easy. Everything you complain about is high-level strategy things which you don't know anything about and cannot credibly complain about.

You can either do your part to move the bill, do nothing and just watch or do "Senram Mentality". Sadly it appears as if somethings don't change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
We don't know who is senram and every one is entitled to their opinion.

As we explained above, we operate under the trust system where we cannot post online everything that we discuss or every information that we have. If we do that, then we will undermine the trust of the people who want to help us, and there is nothing worse than losing their trust.

We cannot let senram's desire to know what is going-on, interfere with our ability to get things done. Its a free country and he can say anything that he wants, who cares. What we care for is our fixes that will help our members and US workers.

Every information that we have shared is authentic and real. Including the possible announcement 10 days back and the postpone of the announcement. There was ABSOLUTELY NO hype for the release of the report 10 days back. If this one guy thinks it is a hype, let him, who cares about what posts online on the world wide web. But in reality, people like senram are part of the problem. For such people, if immigration lawyer post something in public, then immigration lawyer is GOD, and, if IV makes an announcement telling honestly every step of that way that what is going on then according people like senram say that - IV is bad. And this mentality, which for the purpose of ease we can label as "senram mentality" is the real reason why a million souls live in chains. Look, in the end, this guy has no clue about the truth, and we have no reason to convince fools like him.

More importantly, our members know that IV in the only organization that worked on these fixes and that is the only reason these fixes are happening. And that is all that matters.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 11-01-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by senram View Post
Sounds like a lawyer's sepoy to me. #SlaveTrader

Why don't you sign this petition and please your masters? wh.gov/iEjxi

-FU

Old 11-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

[Read in Hyderabadi Slang]

AILA chindi choron ka adda hogaya, pinde ki meri.

Woh Greg Baigan ke baatha karke, sab Immigrants ke ninche bambu ghusara.

Pachees saal se Washington DC mein gadde khodre pure AILA members

-HyderabadiDude

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajarak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

I called up Congressman Foster(D) and Hultgren (R), both from IL and not currently cosponsoring.
Hultgren's office responded that they are in favor of this bill and also they are thinking of broadening the scope of it by including H1b stuff at the appropriate time.
That sounded like a trouble right there..

Foster's office received my message, will follow up later.

anyways, its a slow process but just need faith in the system and IV guidance for correct timing on action items.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarak View Post
I called up Congressman Foster(D) and Hultgren (R), both from IL and not currently cosponsoring.
Hultgren's office responded that they are in favor of this bill and also they are thinking of broadening the scope of it by including H1b stuff at the appropriate time.
That sounded like a trouble right there..

Foster's office received my message, will follow up later.

anyways, its a slow process but just need faith in the system and IV guidance for correct timing on action items.
Just checked with someone. Odds are there is confusion between the SKILLS visa act and HR.213.

SKILLS visa act is the H1-B bill which will be introduced soon.

Please proceed with you attempts at getting sponsors for HR.213. If Rep Hultgren's office continues to confuse SKILLS with HR.213, try to sidestep the issue and ask for sponsorship.

Thank you.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

I called my District office the front desk person talked to someone else who handles immigration and said this office doesn't handle bills. It only handle visa stuff and case status and asked me to called the DC office. How should I proceed on this ?

Old 11-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
I called my District office the front desk person talked to someone else who handles immigration and said this office doesn't handle bills. It only handle visa stuff and case status and asked me to called the DC office. How should I proceed on this ?
PM me your email address.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER