Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qkxw is on a distinguished road
Default did You got your GC ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooge2011 View Post
Not sure if this was already an action item for HR 213 (I know we had one for HR3012), but did we have IV members register our support for the act at OpenCongress.org? If not, maybe we could register like we did for 3012.

https://www.opencongress.org/bill/hr213-114o/show
Hi dear Scooge 2011
i see you have PD of EB3 april 8 2004.
did u got you GC in last july aug or you still waiting ?/
I am waiting mine is April 1 2004. EB3 .
Please share in EB3 category thread
Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
scrooge2011 is on a distinguished road
Default PD is in Apr 08

Sorry QKXW, my pd is in 08, would be a whole lot happier if it were 04.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

When asking your congressman to co-sponsor HR213, check if he/she voted YES for the same bill HR3012 in previous congress. It passed 389-15. You can check Voting Record on HR3012 by clicking this link

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/112-2011/h860

and most likely it will be YES. So it's easier to remind them that it's the same bill for which he/she voted YES previously and you want to him/her to support and co-sponsor this time.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

If you haven't already, please favorite and RT our Champion Jason Chaffetz's HE.213 tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasoninth...69888848846849

It was the #1 tweet in the house last week.

https://greathousetweets.measuredvoi...9888848846849/

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-08-2015, 03:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

See this article in Forbes:

Forbes Welcome

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rsr_am is on a distinguished road

CATO's Alex Nowrasteh's commentary about skilled immigration reform - Three ways to improve employment-based green cards | TheHill

Old 11-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Mack2687 is on a distinguished road
Default Ben D

Is someone associated with IV trolling as BenD in this article comments?
Three ways to improve employment-based green cards | TheHill

Old 11-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ben D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack2687 View Post
Is someone associated with IV trolling as BenD in this article comments?
Three ways to improve employment-based green cards | TheHill
Its unlikely, since most of his BenD's posts are about Job Loss and not about fairness etc..
Which lobby group do you represent ?

Old 11-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Mack2687 is on a distinguished road

None.. I am a legal immigrant and a new member in the line.. didn't know people who lost jobs are so excited about HR213..

Old 11-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whatever2015 is on a distinguished road
Smile

As they say, you can’t do the same thing over and over and expect different results. The thing that we are doing is “nothing “ and result is the never-ending wait.
We Indians tend to procrastinate, blame it on destiny and hope it will get better.
I must admit that I was guilty of the same

The enthusiasm and the dedication of some of the IV members/volunteers just blow my mind away. I have talked to a few and looking forward to meeting them during the course of our fight

There is a mindset that people in authority can’t be reached or they wont listen to our concerns. That is a myth and the representatives are more than willing to meet with the constituents and lend a sympathetic ear.

I heard about IV after the VB reversal and was part of the flower campaign. I met Congressman Keith Rothfus (PA-12) at a meeting and aired my concern. He listened patiently and told me to call his office. After persistent calls for 2 weeks they put me in touch with the Legislative assistant at the DC office. I was surprised when he called me to discuss “immigration issues”. He had heard of IV and I proudly said I was an IV volunteer. We talked briefly about the VB reversal and HR 213.

I needed more help and reached out on the IV forum for more material and talking points when a senior member contacted me and has been guiding me through the process. We have a meeting scheduled with the congressman in 2 weeks
We have been collecting signatures from a local Indian store and Diwali parties.

So here I am, will keep you guys posted about the meeting

If there is anyone in PA- 12 that been adversely affected by the VB reversal or the protracted wait with a compelling story can join us for the meeting to make the case. PM me and we can talk.

I would also encourage other people in untapped districts to not wait on the sidelines. It is our life and we have to fix it.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whatever2015 is on a distinguished road

I must also add that listening to AK was inspiring. I was angry, frustrated. happy and sad at the same time. I guess that's what you call a mixed feeling.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough
Default Need Volunteers in Twin Cities up for meeting up with Congressman Erik Paulsen

I live in his district and I see that he is NOT yet a co-sponsor of HR213. I was planning on calling up his office, setting up a meeting and going it alone but then I thought there might be strength in numbers.

Please PM me if you live in the area and are interested and we can co-ordinate something together. I will try to gather some talking points from IV leadership in the meantime.

Sick of all this dicking around by USCIS \ DOS where they try to narrowly interpret the statute when it is convenient for them - about time we get some real, unambiguous legislation passed that solves this for good.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever2015 View Post
As they say, you can’t do the same thing over and over and expect different results. The thing that we are doing is “nothing “ and result is the never-ending wait.
We Indians tend to procrastinate, blame it on destiny and hope it will get better.
I must admit that I was guilty of the same

The enthusiasm and the dedication of some of the IV members/volunteers just blow my mind away. I have talked to a few and looking forward to meeting them during the course of our fight

There is a mindset that people in authority can’t be reached or they wont listen to our concerns. That is a myth and the representatives are more than willing to meet with the constituents and lend a sympathetic ear.

I heard about IV after the VB reversal and was part of the flower campaign. I met Congressman Keith Rothfus (PA-12) at a meeting and aired my concern. He listened patiently and told me to call his office. After persistent calls for 2 weeks they put me in touch with the Legislative assistant at the DC office. I was surprised when he called me to discuss “immigration issues”. He had heard of IV and I proudly said I was an IV volunteer. We talked briefly about the VB reversal and HR 213.

I needed more help and reached out on the IV forum for more material and talking points when a senior member contacted me and has been guiding me through the process. We have a meeting scheduled with the congressman in 2 weeks
We have been collecting signatures from a local Indian store and Diwali parties.

So here I am, will keep you guys posted about the meeting

If there is anyone in PA- 12 that been adversely affected by the VB reversal or the protracted wait with a compelling story can join us for the meeting to make the case. PM me and we can talk.

I would also encourage other people in untapped districts to not wait on the sidelines. It is our life and we have to fix it.
This is what is called 'doing the right thing'. What you did is exactly what every backlogged skilled immigrant should ideally be doing.

It is never too late, I encourage everyone reading this thread to contact your Congressman to request their support for HR213

Old 11-11-2015, 10:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
basa_74 is on a distinguished road

My congresswoman already cosponsored HR213 (Ashburn, Virginia). This is what i was doing for the last one month
Called my friends and colleagues i educated them about HR213. What i noticed is 50% of them are not aware what is HR213 about, after explaining them about this bill and IV efforts they are ready to work on this issue.

i asked them to form a group of 10 people and meet their congressmen/congresswoman, now they formed as groups and working on this effort.

Main problem i see is people are not motivated, they all say HR3012 is failure and "point at recent VB reversal" and nothing happening as part of EO from president , i asked them if we sit like this will something happen on its own? after 20-30min conversation most of them are realized they should participate and help themselves.

this is how i am contacting my friends and colleagues, i am checking who didn't cosponsor the bill already and call friends and colleagues in that area to go and meet the congressman/congresswoman , for instance in Georgia nobody cosponsored that bill and i see lot of people who are impacted live-in Georgia, similar is the case of missouri and same is true of Texas (only 2 cosponsors).

i am doing my best to call everyone that i know of to work with congressman's office if they are not supported already, i asked them to do the same to call their friends and colleagues to do the same.

I am targeting at-least 20 of my friends and colleagues who are living in places where their congressman is not supported this bill.

friends whoever is browsing this thread pleases do the same(call friends and colleagues and motivate) ask them to and go talk to congressman to support HR213.

any other ideas?

Old 11-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by basa_74 View Post

any other ideas?
Because you mentioned that you have some experience in educating people about HR 213, I encourage you to start a blog to spread your word online.
More and more from the backlogged skilled immigrant community should step up to blog/advocate even in the online space. Today, this job is done by some publicity hungry lawyers who are portraying themselves as immigrant friendly but spreading their own agenda.

Dont just stop at one blog post, keep writing more about your experiences, hard times you faced and anything and everything.