Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PP2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Funding Goal amount

Just a thought , if the funding goal amount and percentage collected is displayed on homepage and on forums , I think it will draw more people to contribute.

There is already a goal amount and percentage collected fields, may be that needs to be updated with correct figures.

Regards,
PP2012
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaintsnj@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks IV

Donated small amount 200$ towards the cause. Good Luck IV

paypal transactionId: 5H693321NJ258672H

Old 01-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent development

Any chance you can share the contents of bill H.R.213

Old 01-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Excellent development

Any chance you can share the contents of bill H.R.213
It is the same bill that passed the House with 389-15 votes on 29th November 2011. See this link to get the idea of the text:

Bill Text of H.R.3012 that passed the House on 11/29/2011

Both, Rs and Ds in the House voted for passing this bill overwhelmingly

Old 01-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
It is the same bill that passed the House with 389-15 votes on 29th November 2011. See this link to get the idea of the text:

Bill Text of H.R.3012 that passed the House on 11/29/2011

Both, Rs and Ds in the House voted for passing this bill overwhelmingly
Excellent!

When will go into effect, if passed

Old 01-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Excellent!

When will go into effect, if passed
Effective date will be 30-Sept-14 i.e. Starting FY 2015 of USCIS

Some say that this could mean that EB3-I could possibly move to 2009 (or even 2010) immediately when the bill becomes law. And EB-2 could be 2011.

Please wait for the bill text to be posted on Thomas.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
braveone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Effective date will be 30-Sept-14 i.e. Starting FY 2015 of USCIS

Some say that this could mean that EB3-I could possibly move to 2009 (or even 2010) immediately when the bill becomes law. And EB-2 could be 2011.

Please wait for the bill text to be posted on Thomas.
WOW that will be awesome. When will this bill pass. What else can we do?

A lawyer website posted this:

01/09/2015: Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah Quietly Reintroduced Former H.R. 3012 in New H.R. 213 Yesterday

Yesterday, the Congressman introduced in the House H.R. 213. "A bill to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to eliminate the per-country numerical limitation for employment-based immigrants, to increase the per-country numerical limitation for family-sponsored immigrants, and for other purposes" which was forwarded to the Committee on the Judiciary. The bill was and is cosponsored by Demoratic Rep. Zoe Lofgren of California. It is also co-sponsored by Republican Rep. Labrador of Idaho. Rep. Lofgren previously agreed to co-sponsor the previous controversial bill of H.R. 3012 on compromise to provide increase of per country numerical limitation for family-based immigration system, which is a Democratic legislative platform. Readers may recall that this bill was successful to pass the House and reached the Senate where Irish immigration bill was added and Sen. Grassley opposed to the passage. After a struggle, the Senate had almost compromised with Sen. Grassley, but eventually never made into a legislation. Now the same bill is back, probably without the Irish E-3 visa proposal and as a 114th Congress' new bill of H.R. 213. The text has yet to be made available. As soon as it is available, we will post it at this site.

source: immigration-law.com

Old 01-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

We don't think that it matters what some immigration lawyer's website say. Different lawyer different opinions. Also, there is a difference between lawyer and lawmaker.

This opinion is only what is already available online, there is nothing new. But we disagree with this assertion that Ms. Lofgren is co-sponsoring the bill because it increases family based country limits to 15%. Congresswoman Lofgren championed removal of per country limits in EB category going back to 2008 when she sponsored a bill H.R.5921 in 2008.

Here is the text of that bill H.R.5921.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/110th-...bill/5921/text

We were involved in this bill for removing per-country limits back in 2008 as well. Congresswoman Lofgren was sponsor of this bill H.R.5921 and it did not increase family based per-country quota to 15%. So it is not true that Congresswoman Lofgren only supports H.R.213 because it increases family based quota from 7% to 15%.

Nevertheless, we support increasing family based per-country quota to 15% because that will reduce the wait times for family based immigrants. However, we disagree that Ms. Lofgren is co-sponsoring this bill only because it increases family based quota. And anyone who says that needs to know better. Congresswoman Lofgren is a big champion of elimination of per country limits in EB category.

Regarding adding Irish E-3 visa bill to H.R.3012 - back in 2012 Sen. Grassley had a hold on our bill. At that time, in Feb/March-2012, a very expensive political consultant suggested that if somehow E-3 Irish visa bill was added to H.R.3012, then Senator for the State of Massachusetts, Sen. Scott Brown could help remove the hold on H.R.3012.

There are a lot of US voters who identify themselves with Irish heritage in the state of MA and NY. The thinking was that if Sen. Brown is able to get E-3 visas for Irish, then he might have a chance to win his senatorial election in Nov-2012. So Sen. Brown (MA) and Sen. Schumer (NY) together added E-3 Irish visa bill to H.R.3012. We were in all those discussions including meetings with Deputy Ambassador of Irish Embassy in Washington. Then Sen. Brown asked Senator Grassley to remove his hold as passage of E-3 Irish visas (in H.R.3012) might help his re-election. Sen. Grassley did not relent but if he did then it would have been a masterful stroke. But as an outcome of all that, somehow at that time E-3 Irish visa bill was added to H.R.3012.

Most people are unaware of this but the deal was that if E-3 Irish visas bill was unable to help remove Sen. Grassley's hold and if someone else puts hold on if E-3 Irish visas bill, then to prevent any overload, E-3 visas part will be stripped from the final H.R.3012 bill before passing it.

Later, in July-2012, Sen. Grassley added his amendment to check for fraud in H-1B system. IV believes that there is a lot of fraud in H-1B system and our members tell us that a lot of immigration lawyers are somehow part of that evil nexus of employer-immigration lawyer causing fraud and exploitation of immigrant employee. Which is why we fully agreed, and we continue to agree with Senator Grassley's amendment.

Senator Grassley decided to remove his hold in July-2012 after he added his amendment. So it is factually not true that Sen. Grassley's text was not added to the Senate version of the bill. It was. And we liked Sen. Grassley's amendment even when bunch of lawyers did not like it. Some employers (which we think are mostly unethical and unscrupulous) were against Sen. Grassley's amendment. And some lawyers (who usually tend to get business from these employers) were also against Sen. Grassley's amendment. But their influence could not stop the bill. In the end, Sen. Sessions had put a hold on H.R.3012, not because of E-3 Irish visas or Grassley Amendment or but for a totally different reason. Back in 2nd half of 2012, Sen. Sessions was not opposed to the concept of elimination of per-country limits but he was making a principled stand on a subject not related to elimination of per-country limits. And rest is history. This is only 50,000 feet view of what transpired behind the scene and if we have to detail out everything, it will be 1000 page epic.

The point is, some lawyers may post information what is already available online. We don't know their motivation. But we were in the middle of all the activity related to bill H.R.3012 in the last round, and we expect to be play a role this time. And what comes out in news is often totally different from what is actually happening behind the scene.

You are free to read whatever you like online. But try to filter out someone's opinion over facts. And the fact is this -

Although immigration lawyers post on their websites as if they know what is going on, Congressional offices in Senate and House of Representatives don't know these big name immigration lawyers who have websites. These big name immigration lawyers that most immigrants revere online, no one knows them and no one gives a jack shit about them in Congressional offices and policy making.

And more importantly, the fact is - EVERY Congressional office knows Immigration Voice. Not because we are better than anyone else, but because we are honest in presenting policy suggestions that are good for America.

There is a power in getting involved and speaking up when you see something wrong. That is the most American thing to do. That is why, even at the cost of repetition we ask everyone over and over again to meet with your Member of Congress in your city or participate in Advocacy event in Washington to share your story/experience with the backlogs. Because your experience and desire to share you human story is thousands of times more powerful than what some immigration lawyer thinks. And that is a fact.

Stop reading online opinions of different immigration lawyers because that doesn't add any value to the debate, rather get involved and speak up and setup meeting with the office of Member of Congress. Online petitions and online voting or petition on Change.org, none of that add any value at all. You can, everyone can make a real difference in the debate by participating in the real world (rather than reading some opinion in the virtual world). The only thing that is preventing you from participating in the real action is your own will to do meaningful action to change your life and the lives of your family members.

My hope is that you will reconsider how you spend your time and actively participate in real advocacy to make the change.

Last edited by Administrator2; 01-10-2015 at 08:39 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
braveone is on a distinguished road

This is very helpful explanation. I did not understand it full because of the Senators asking for different things. But I get the point.

Then why did you not bring back hr3012 bill in 2013 or 2014?

Old 01-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveone View Post
This is very helpful explanation. I did not understand it full because of the Senators asking for different things. But I get the point.

Then why did you not bring back hr3012 bill in 2013 or 2014?
In 2013 and 2014, Congress was considering CIR bill and there was no room to do piecemeal bills. So there was no room to push for individual bills where large CIR was being debated and discussed. And elimination of per-country limits for EB category was part of CIR which passed the Senate. Our fix was also part of the bills that passed the House last year.

You have to understand that even when there is sufficient support for our fixes, it has to wait for the right climate and timing. I know immigrants waiting in backlogs don't want to hear this because for our community what could be more pressing than fixing green card backlogs. However, Congress is dealing with other pressing issues as well. And the only way to increase the priority of our fixes is when more and more people waiting in backlogs will do their share to meet with their member of congress.

This year, Congress plans to tackle issues in piecemeal manner. Which is why it makes sense to support and ask your member of Congress to pass H.R.213.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deeshin is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the explanation.Lets hope things will move forard in this congressional session. Doing my bit. Donated 100$.
Paypal ID: 7NU66439KR167135J

Old 01-11-2015, 01:23 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute
Default My small contribution

Hello Renji Abraham,

You sent a payment of $100.00 USD to Immigration Voice. (donations@immigrationvoice.org)

Jan 10, 2015 21:09:08 PST
Transaction ID: 3ES8005033859191W

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 01-11-2015, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
virgos is on a distinguished road
Post Keep up the good work

Here is my small contribution...thanks!
PayPal Transaction ID: 87695156K23597103
Amount: $100

Old 01-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shahchittal is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Hope we win the battle this time...all the best

Done, (3SR640883S365052B) Please win the battle this time. All the best!!! thanks for all the hard work

Old 01-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
andem123 is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you for all your efforts

Contributed $100 today. Receipt No: 4558-7617-5709-6396.

Thanks a lot for all the hard work you put in.