Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
buffbloke is infamous around these parts buffbloke is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Because we have a large lobbying organization to run and it is very important to have a consistent message.

If you somehow believe there is any justification, for giving H1/L1 workers less rights than Americans or GC holders - please view this as an invitation to leave.

The only reason we have any credibility in DC is because we are perceived as the only honest players in this system. The only reason I140-EAD is happening is because it came from us and people have come to trust IV's positions in such things.

Meeting isn't the only criterion. You need to have the right message. If your message is "Give me a Green Card because I have been here so long and I deserve one" - nothing will happen, infact you will be harming the cause. If on the other hand your message is "Give me a Green Card because a Green Card means I have rights, which will in-turn level the playing field and American's won't loose their jobs to H1-B's stuck in backlog anymore", you will find a more favorable response.

When you actually start doing meetings you will see that it is impossible to talk about the Green Card backlog without talking about H1-B abuse. It is very important for the whole organization to be on the same page regarding our message and values.

If you can't digest our message or values, please leave. If you want to do meetings, join a state chapter and PM one of the Admins there.

The solution is for lobbying to give everyone rights. That will fix the system. That is IV's position. If you want to be associated with IV, that needs to be your position too.

For all the good work you do hil , you sure are the best at alienating your own fellow people. I am not sympathetic to this approach.

Regardless, I agree with everything you said. We cannot undersell ourselves by accepting employer's servitude. There is no denying that the current system has huge holes which bad employers willingly exploit. I feel that Grassley bill has covered most of the things , it is still incomplete without giving employees right to leave without jeopardizing their status. This alone can level the playing field and force employers to hire H1b's that complement US workforce without being protectionist. The bill should also address all the people who are here already and have spent significant portion of their lives living in this country regardless of which categories they fit as long as their stay has been legal.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

FYI: We are doing a public call (A Call with Immigration Voice) this Sunday and it might interest some.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice

Hi
I met congressman darin lahood and requested him to support HR213 . from the meeting i sense that he will surely cosponser the bill.can you please post the picture on immigration voice facebook and thanks him? I have already pm the details.let me know to which email id I need to send?

Jay

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crackjack9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinayJ View Post
Hi
I met congressman darin lahood and requested him to support HR213 . from the meeting i sense that he will surely cosponser the bill.
Kudos to you !! That is how hundreds of volunteers are making a difference where it matters. Thank you.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Hi
I met congressman darin lahood and requested him to support HR213 . from the meeting i sense that he will surely cosponser the bill.can you please post the picture on immigration voice facebook and thanks him? I have already pm the details.let me know to which email id I need to send?

Jay
HR3012 passed with 95% majority. Now GOP is not taking up consideration. So What is the point in finding co-sponsoring. Even if you get 200 congressmen cosponsor still house judiciary committee does not take then no use. Of course number co-sponsor increases pressure will increase to take up the bill. But immigration is different from other bills. There is no support or opposition for HR 213. I think most US population does not understand immigration and backlog. All who are supporting HR213 is Indians who are impacted by backlog and opposition is from ROW and division from lawyer community. There is no benefit or harm for USA if Hr213 is passed. I can understand that increasing co-sponsor may be only option to increase the pressure. But need to see whether that can succeed. But it is very simple for opponents to prevent the bill. Just delay for a few months by background manuvering then that will make sure the bill will expire and again gigantic effort is needed in next congress.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice

Ramalingam,
All you have mentioned is how the bill will be blocked, instead I will be very happy to hear from you how we can bring this bill to vote.
Personally i know lot of people who debates and discuss immigration topics a lot, but when it comes to action, no one turns up. Will say silly reason. If all the folks would have acted, we might have achieved this backlog issue long time back. Instead of debating ,focus your though process on how we can bring this bill to vote and let me know your ideas.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Ramalingam AKA SenRam, you said that the bill passed with 95% majority, that itself shows how popular and acceptable this bill is. I dont know whether HR 213 will be a success or not, we have to see that. However, I can guarantee that by sitting on our asses and posting pessimistic comments, nothing will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
HR3012 passed with 95% majority. Now GOP is not taking up consideration. So What is the point in finding co-sponsoring. Even if you get 200 congressmen cosponsor still house judiciary committee does not take then no use. Of course number co-sponsor increases pressure will increase to take up the bill. But immigration is different from other bills. There is no support or opposition for HR 213. I think most US population does not understand immigration and backlog. All who are supporting HR213 is Indians who are impacted by backlog and opposition is from ROW and division from lawyer community. There is no benefit or harm for USA if Hr213 is passed. I can understand that increasing co-sponsor may be only option to increase the pressure. But need to see whether that can succeed. But it is very simple for opponents to prevent the bill. Just delay for a few months by background manuvering then that will make sure the bill will expire and again gigantic effort is needed in next congress.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
saturn12 is on a distinguished road

Just a thought why is there no country limit on H1b visa allocation ,when they need people in no country limit is in the law as they need people to run their economy but when it comes to giving green card country limit comes it in effect.correct me if i am wrong ,as i said its something i just was thinking so i wrote.

correct me and sorry if i wrote some thing wrong in advance

Old 11-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

FYI, we have 61 sponsors now.

Rep. Murphy, Tim [R-PA-18] 11/16/2015
Rep. Harper, Gregg [R-MS-3] 11/16/2015

I think Gregg Harper might be because of someone on this forum

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

I think Gregg Harper might be because of someone on this forum
You mean Senram or Ramlingam?

Old 11-17-2015, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

On a serious note, if you are reading this and live in Houston area and have been as upset as me to not have as many TX cosponsors of HR213, please PM me or join/post in Facebook TX state chapter.

We need your help. Specifically looking for Rep Al Green and Rep Sheila Jackson Lee districts. You just have to do little work in getting signatures from constituents and show up with signed petition and I/other IV volunteer will do the talking.

Everything is bigger in TX except the number of cosponsors of HR213!

Old 11-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Can anyone please share the signature template?

Old 11-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namitxyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Can anyone please share the signature template?
Its coming out soon. Please wait

Old 11-18-2015, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

This document from CRS pretty much casts enough light on what the legal suit by attorneys on behalf of Mehta and Party stand on.... -> nothing.

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/visagate.pdf

Old 11-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default what about legal precedent of 2007?

Did not something similar happen in 2007 when they honored the initial date? Not that I had high hopes in judicial way, but was thinking that it might work that way out. I did not give any money to lawyers and work with IV extensively to focus on legistlative fixes such as HR213 or taking judicial way when it merits it. But all this delaying and dilly dallying just makes it clear that certain people want h1bs in tech similar to mexicans in agriculture .. come here, do temp job and go without any benefits. That screws up both americans as well as us. Only select few seems to be getting into the gc and citizenship process while the rest are just ... anyway, I guess we should focus on the HR213 and other fixes which might actually give some chance.