Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough
Default Erik Paulsen Local Office Contact Update

I have been trying to get through to the congressman's office for the past couple of weeks. Left them voicemails, emails etc. but on the third phone attempt today I got through to their local office.

Spoke to the staff assistant and asked for the congressman's position on the bill and explicitly requested a co-sponsorship. He took all the details and I mentioned that the congressman had voted Yea for HR3012 in the previous congress too. He said he'll forward this to the team handing immigration and get back to me in a few weeks at the latest via email as well as snail mail. I told him I will follow up in a few days for a update and he was totally cool with it - gave me his name, email id etc. too.

Please PM me if you live \ have lived in the twin cities and I'd be happy to share what transpired. They could certainly use more people calling in and pounding about the issue. They are very receptive and it just took less than 5 minutes.

Regards,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
born2win83 is on a distinguished road
Default Legislative office of john lewis

i was trying to reach my congressman office for the past few days. I called local office and when i mention about immigration they transfer me to washington office which handles bills. DC line goes to voice mail. I live in Atlanta, GA. Any pointers to proceed

Old 11-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2win83 View Post
i was trying to reach my congressman office for the past few days. I called local office and when i mention about immigration they transfer me to washington office which handles bills. DC line goes to voice mail. I live in Atlanta, GA. Any pointers to proceed
Leave a message clearly stating your name, address and phone number and say you would like a call-back from someone who deals with immigration policy from the office.

Call every day until you hear back.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

If you want to help, here is how you can help.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-21-2015, 02:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Registered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
If you want to help, here is how you can help.
Thanks for posting, I registered to collect signatures for both the House of Representatives and the Senate. I also checked to see who voted Yes to HR 3012 so that I can cross-reference that to any friends of mine living in those districts who can make calls.

In researching HR 3012, I came across Grassley's hold. A disturbing sentence was:

"Mr. President, I rise to inform my colleagues that I am placing a hold on H.R. 3012, the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act. This bill would eliminate the per-country numerical limitations for employment-based visas and increase the numerical cap for family-based immigrants. I have concerns about the impact of this bill on future immigration flows, and am concerned that it does nothing to better protect Americans at home who seek high-skilled jobs during this time of record high unemployment."

In other words, he is inferring that reducing backlogs for people born in India and China may encourage more Indians and Chinese to come. The overall visa numbers are completely fixed - how can you have more? What an evil bastard! Furthermore, the article says that his amendments made "dramatic changes to the bill including elimination of the family per county limit increase and reducing the employment based per country limit to 15%. Furthermore, his amendment would eliminate the diversity visa program and adds in provisions that would increase enforcement and U.S. worker protections to the H-1B and L-1 visa programs."

He was basically advocating for increased slave labor, except not as painful as before. With such racist scumbags in the Senate how can we expect HR 213 to become law, even if it passes the House? He will put a hold on it again, and insert his own racist propaganda into it.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
Thanks for posting, I registered to collect signatures for both the House of Representatives and the Senate. I also checked to see who voted Yes to HR 3012 so that I can cross-reference that to any friends of mine living in those districts who can make calls.

In researching HR 3012, I came across Grassley's hold. A disturbing sentence was:

"Mr. President, I rise to inform my colleagues that I am placing a hold on H.R. 3012, the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act. This bill would eliminate the per-country numerical limitations for employment-based visas and increase the numerical cap for family-based immigrants. I have concerns about the impact of this bill on future immigration flows, and am concerned that it does nothing to better protect Americans at home who seek high-skilled jobs during this time of record high unemployment."

In other words, he is inferring that reducing backlogs for people born in India and China may encourage more Indians and Chinese to come. The overall visa numbers are completely fixed - how can you have more? What an evil bastard! Furthermore, the article says that his amendments made "dramatic changes to the bill including elimination of the family per county limit increase and reducing the employment based per country limit to 15%. Furthermore, his amendment would eliminate the diversity visa program and adds in provisions that would increase enforcement and U.S. worker protections to the H-1B and L-1 visa programs."

He was basically advocating for increased slave labor, except not as painful as before. With such racist scumbags in the Senate how can we expect HR 213 to become law, even if it passes the House? He will put a hold on it again, and insert his own racist propaganda into it.
Just because someone had put a hold doesn't mean he is racist. How about if I say that I find your post and chain of thought very racist. Will you feel offended, will you listen to what I have to say to you after that?

Please be careful in hearing someone's concerns and then also see that he removed his hold on HR 3012. You only posted that Senator Grassley had put hold on HR 3012. Please also post a link to the page where Senator Grassley removed his hold.

You cannot convince any Senator to not oppose HR 3012 by calling them racist.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post

Please do not post any unsolicited ideas, original creative & out of the box thoughts and suggestions, new campaigns or advocacy strategies and/or plans.

Only respond to questions from other members or share your suggestions when requested on for rule making or experiences etc. We have both members and visitors who are for and against legal immigration and I do not want any of them to think that these ideas or opinions are IV's or a majority of our opinion. Thank you for your participation.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Good morning or afternoon depending on where you are.

There is an opportunity on twitter to spread awareness of our plight. More details here (#MyH1Bstory: Important Twitter Opportunity).

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
max4438 is on a distinguished road

Guys,

I've heard that there is a new bill introduced called HR-666 titled "Lets further screw legal foreign workers" with the following provisions:

- Foreign H1B workers with approved I140 petition have to start wearing "ankle bracelets" and "chains" except on Sundays

- Born and unborn children of H1B workers with approved I140 petition will have to work for employer mentioned in I140 for 15 years (or 30 years screw you) as soon as children finish college. Children cannot access their paperwork including birth certificate or passport. Only exception is when HR department of I140 employer has a change of heart or is in a good mood

- Foreign H1B workers with approved I140 workers have to work in cotton fields for at least 10 days in a calendar year to learn more about their heritage

- Foreign H1B workers penalized to imagine a free life without restrictions on job movement while visiting friends in Canada

- Foreign H1B worker with approved I140 petition have to write an essay to friends back home titled "Life as a second class citizen"

- Foreign H1B worker to retweet improvements being made in immigration system such as "Ability to pay Green Card fees by credit card" with hashtag #DreamsRemainDreams followed by another tweet with a sad smiley face

- Foreign H1B worker to frame a copy of form I-485 and place it in their living room next to a picture of aliens found on mars

- Foreign H1B worker and family with approved I-140 to (1) help their company count all the profits made in paying low wages and (2) help immigration lawyers and bureaucrats settle into cushy consultancy jobs

I also heard that the bill is closed to being passed in House (with 2 cosponsors), Senate and will be signed into bill within the next 20 days.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Max - I am drunk too and ready for thanksgiving! LOL

We will support S.666 if the following items are added (as a start):

- Mandate that H-1B workers file divorce after their I-140 has been approved for 5 yrs and there is still no indication of that I-485 picture frame moving an inch in your living room

- More than two I-140’s are not allowed unless granted in writing by the First Lady

- If you work for the top 4 users of the H-1B program, your vacation PTO should be cut by half (no personal bad feelings)

- The bootlicker amendment: You are to work as a boot polish-wala for at least one prominent lawyer for one hour when on PTO (twitter boot polish not allowed)

- The burden of proof lies on the non-immigrant H-1B alien to prove that there is a shortage in market of people like you. This can be accomplished by getting 10 signatures of other people who think like you and agree that there is shortage.

- No one will be allowed to use the term “best and the brightest” in PR exercises

Old 11-24-2015, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of
Default No dates pls !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by max4438 View Post
I also heard that the bill is closed to being passed in House (with 2 cosponsors), Senate and will be signed into bill within the next 20 days.
Be careful before you raise expectations. People will blame IV if HR.666 does not pass by Dec 8th !!

Old 11-24-2015, 03:39 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Mar-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/21/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tapanhp is on a distinguished road
Question

Based on your expertise would you be able to calculate when I can start wearing ankle bracelets if H.R.666 becomes law?
When can I start picking cotton?!

Old 11-24-2015, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I suggest to post funny comments on the thread: AILA news and discussion thread which was specifically created for this purpose.

Here:
AILA News and Discussion - Immigration Voice (AILA News and Discussion)

Old 12-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kartssa is on a distinguished road
Default Silence

Not seen anything posted on this in over two weeks - turkey hangover, behind the scenes action or no hope getting this in the omnibus?

Old 12-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road
Default 62

There are now 62 co-sponsors for the HR213 bill. Alas it moved out of the Top 10 most viewed bills.