Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gnh is on a distinguished road

Speaker Ryan has said no immigration bills will be bought in the house as long as Obama is President. Guess HR 213 is not even gonna reach HR 3012 stage.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crackjack9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnh View Post
Speaker Ryan has said no immigration bills will be bought in the house as long as Obama is President. Guess HR 213 is not even gonna reach HR 3012 stage.
Ham na soche hamein kya mila hai.. Hum ye soche kiya kya hai arpann !!
Happy to let you know that my neighboring district Congressman Keith Rothfus confirmed his cosponsorship to HR 213 today. He took time to meet with us twice in last 6 weeks and said he will put his weight behind this bill. IV volunteers in the district submitted a hand written petition to him with over two hundred constituent signatures.
Guess you are a glass half-full guy !

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
haranrk is on a distinguished road
Default Fantastic!

Great work! Thank you crackjack9! Though I live in CA-18, it would be good to get the support of CA-11, CA-12, CA-13, CA-14 districts. It is unfortunate that these SF Bay Area congressional reps are not co-sponsors of HR213 yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackjack9 View Post
Happy to let you know that my neighboring district Congressman Keith Rothfus confirmed his cosponsorship to HR 213 today. He took time to meet with us twice in last 6 weeks and said he will put his weight behind this bill. IV volunteers in the district submitted a hand written petition to him with over two hundred constituent signatures.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gnh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just being realistic ... It is an election year. Historically immigration bills are never passed in such a year under the best of circumstances and certainly not when the President is so toxic to Congress. ( Just made things worse with the Gun control executive actions ).

Old 01-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnh View Post
Just being realistic ... It is an election year. Historically immigration bills are never passed in such a year under the best of circumstances and certainly not when the President is so toxic to Congress. ( Just made things worse with the Gun control executive actions ).
let me guess.... u know just enough about the politics to draw template conclusions

talking of history, skilled immigration bills have always passed in election year.....

when paul ryan said "no immigration bill" he said it for the masses who are against illegal immigration. So he meant no "illegal immigration bill"

presidents have always been toxic, who was not toxic-

* was clinton not toxic in his 2nd term? Did AC21 bill pass during toxic clinton years just before election?

* was bush not toxic in his 2nd term? Did he try to pass not just skilled immigration bill, but illegal immigration bill in election year?

if your attitude towards life is that on monday you think will be sick on thursday.... then you sure will be sick on thursday..... negative attitude leads to negative outcome..... that is not my opinion.... it is what sages have said throughout history.....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Yet another from crackjack and the team! Thank you guys! Screw all the negative commentators.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bims_patel is on a distinguished road
Default Need guidance

I would like to meet congressman Frank Pallone of 6th district(NJ) to co-sponsor HR-213. I have some of my friends as well, willing to participate. I've asked this in NY/NJ chapter FB page, no response so far(no offense to admin, they must be busy). I've got few others following NY/NJ chapter FB page interested in supporting this co-sponsor movement. I want to do this at the earliest so that it has a sooner impact.

- B

Old 01-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Admins/Senior Members, please help me out here about how to approach.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bims_patel View Post
Admins/Senior Members, please help me out here about how to approach.
Go through this, it is pretty self-contained: http://immigrationvoice.org/media/HR...se_Edition.pdf

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 01-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks Hil.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kaca is on a distinguished road

Rep. Clark, Katherine M. [D-MA-5] and
Rep. Davis, Danny K. [D-IL-7] are now cosponsors taking the cosponsors count to 67.

Are we looking at getting 100 cosponsors?
What is the bill with most cosponsors.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaca View Post
Rep. Clark, Katherine M. [D-MA-5] and
Rep. Davis, Danny K. [D-IL-7] are now cosponsors taking the cosponsors count to 67.

Are we looking at getting 100 cosponsors?
What is the bill with most cosponsors.
Yup. Kudos to the IV volunteers in MA and IL chapters for working hard on this.

Please join your state chapter if you have not. There are some updates and action items we post on those boards as well
ImmigrationVoice.org - Immigration Voice State Chapters

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 02-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Showri has a spectacular aura about Showri has a spectacular aura about
Default HR 213 Co sponsors

Admin
Not to discourage or question what IV and its volunteers are doing regarding Co sponsors, but I have a question. How is number of co sponsors going to increase the chances for HR 213, if its speaker's sole discretion to bring a bill to the floor for voting and the current speaker is reluctant to bring any immigration bills to voting? Is there any legal requirement that bill has to be brought to voting if it has more than X number of Co sponsors?

Old 02-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showri View Post
Admin
Not to discourage or question what IV and its volunteers are doing regarding Co sponsors, but I have a question. How is number of co sponsors going to increase the chances for HR 213, if its speaker's sole discretion to bring a bill to the floor for voting and the current speaker is reluctant to bring any immigration bills to voting? Is there any legal requirement that bill has to be brought to voting if it has more than X number of Co sponsors?
When no of co-sponsors increase it will increase the chance of bill taken as pressure builds but does not guarntee anything. No legal requirement but currently you cannot do anything other than increasing sponsors and also apply pressure by lobbying and advocacy. Even if passed in house senate will work in different way and need different strategy. Already 2016 and only 11 months to go for the bill to survive. Otherwise new congress need to bring the bill(But if you see past 5 congress most bills were reintroduced again and expired with the end of the term and I am sure same congressman will bring in 2017 also ).

Old 02-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kaca is on a distinguished road

Would it not make sense to focus on getting Paul Ryan's attention directly.
He voted yes for HR 3012. So I guess he would not be opposed to this bill.