Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaca View Post
Would it not make sense to focus on getting Paul Ryan's attention directly.
He voted yes for HR 3012. So I guess he would not be opposed to this bill.
Guess this should be consigned to flames?

RIP HR 213
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by advik20 View Post
Guess this should be consigned to flames?

RIP HR 213
It will probably be reborn from the flames as HR phnx in 2017. While it goes through its several cycles of rebirth, wish we get some temporary relief in our lifetime.

One month since the comment period closed on the i140 regulation, might easily take another two months to hear any update on that. May be something during summer...

Old 04-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road
Default Posted on Murthy

Posted on Murthy -

Final Policy on AC21 “Same or Similar” Job Requirement

Old 04-29-2016, 07:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Looks like another co-sponsor for HR.213 Rep. Stewart, Chris [R-UT-2].

The fight goes on!

Old 08-15-2016, 06:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvedia is on a distinguished road

Why this thread is no more active?

Old 08-15-2016, 07:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvedia View Post
Most of the activity has moved to our telegram group at telegram.immigrationvoice.org

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 08-15-2016, 07:18 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvedia View Post
Hil already answered your question.

Also, if I may add, active thread on some forum or FB is not an indicator of how much actual work is going on. Some people see thread not being updated to imply that "bill is dead" or "nothing will ever happen" blah blah blah......

Online activity on any thread is not the correct indicator of the actual work or progress. We ask people to come out of these useless and nonsense FB or immigration forums to be more active in the real world, collaborate with others in your district/State and setup meting with the office of Senator and Member of Congress close to your home or place of work. When more people will engage in real advocacy, then there is no need to update or talk to each other in online forums or echo chambers. If you truly care to fix the issue and please stop looking for 'Like' button everywhere. Clicking like button or 'I Support' on some nonsense petition online means absolutely nothing. But it may give an appearance that a lot of happening, without actually doing absolutely nothing to fix the real issue.

For once, start with doing something for real that help to fix the problem. Pick up a phone and call the staff member in local office of your Member of Congress and Senator, and ask them when will they fix this issue.

Last edited by Administrator2; 08-15-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvedia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Hil already answered your question.

Also, if I may add, active thread on some forum or FB is not an indicator of how much actual work is going on. Some people see thread not being updated to imply that "bill is dead" or "nothing will ever happen" blah blah blah......

Online activity on any thread is not the correct indicator of the actual work or progress. We ask people to come out of these useless and nonsense FB or immigration forums to be more active in the real world, collaborate with others in your district/State and setup meting with the office of Senator and Member of Congress close to your home or place of work. When more people will engage in real advocacy, then there is no need to update or talk to each other in online forums or echo chambers. If you truly care to fix the issue and please stop looking for 'Like' button everywhere. Clicking like button or 'I Support' on some nonsense petition online means absolutely nothing. But it may give an appearance that a lot of happening, without actually doing absolutely nothing to fix the real issue.

For once, start with doing something for real that help to fix the problem. Pick up a phone and call the staff member in local office of your Member of Congress and Senator, and ask them when will they fix this issue.
Sure, I would do my part
I was just curious if HR 213 is still alive and you answered my question ! Thanks !