Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bims_patel is on a distinguished road

What I meant, as this time it has greater chances due to majority of republicans in both house and senate.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2015, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bims_patel View Post
Been following IV for sometime, donated $100 today. Transaction ID: 6J91452909057105A. Keep up the good work!!

One confusion though. As per this: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr213 it has 3% chances of being enacted. I certainly don't believe that number for this bill as this time it has but can anybody tell how is that number derived?

- B
This question has been asked by many members so making an attempt to share what we think.

Numbers and relevant percentages matter. But please try to look for the source of the numbers, assumptions and method in which those numbers were calculated before considering them to be facts. If the assumptions are incorrect and method is not relevant, the numbers will not be relevant.

The link you posted is a private website (although the URL seem to give a wrong impression that it might be a government website) with its own method to to provide some data point. If you dig a little you can find how they are calculating the percentage of the numbers. Here is the link:
https://www.govtrack.us/about/analysis#prognosis

We don't believe that these numbers are relevant. 2015-2016 is not a repeat of 2011-2012. Those were different times and this is a different time. Facts, circumstances and environment is different.

Although we understand that many of us are from STEM background and we have a desire to analyze and draw probability to make intelligent guess, we believe that the assumptions for this % number is not complete and it is not considering hundreds of other factors that can (and will) contribute to how any bill (and this bill in particular) will progress.

We would recommend not reading too much into that % number.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
udaychaka is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you and contribution info

Paypal confirmation:
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 6KC50018ST8233713

Old 01-14-2015, 08:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
I_Luv_GC has much to be proud of I_Luv_GC has much to be proud of I_Luv_GC has much to be proud of I_Luv_GC has much to be proud of I_Luv_GC has much to be proud of I_Luv_GC has much to be proud of I_Luv_GC has much to be proud of I_Luv_GC has much to be proud of
Default Great news and great job IV

Kudos to IV's efforts and a small token of appreciation - $100 contribution
I am sure We Will WIN this time.

Paypal Transaction ID : 5DL19774C45409236
Notice Date: 5/24/10
Checks Cashed: Sent Money Order
File Type: Paper
Service Center/Lockbox : Phoenix
SR Opened: Yes - 07/27/10
InfoPass: No
Current EAD Expiry: 8/19/10
Approval: 07/29/10
Current Status: CPO on 07/29/10 changed to Post Decision Activity on 08/05/10
Card Received: 08/07/10
-------------
Contributed $100 in July 2007 - $50 July 2010
Became a recurring donor of $25 in July 2010

Old 01-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

HR213 is gaining momentum. Compete America comes out in favor

Compete America Statement on Introduction of HR 213 | PressReleasePoint

Old 01-14-2015, 09:48 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gap123 is on a distinguished road
Default My small contribution...go IV

Thank you IV for all the effort...my $100 donation for the cause

Transaction ID for this payment is: 90W734380J931425B

Old 01-14-2015, 10:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
In 2013 and 2014, Congress was considering CIR bill and there was no room to do piecemeal bills. So there was no room to push for individual bills where large CIR was being debated and discussed. And elimination of per-country limits for EB category was part of CIR which passed the Senate. Our fix was also part of the bills that passed the House last year.

You have to understand that even when there is sufficient support for our fixes, it has to wait for the right climate and timing. I know immigrants waiting in backlogs don't want to hear this because for our community what could be more pressing than fixing green card backlogs. However, Congress is dealing with other pressing issues as well. And the only way to increase the priority of our fixes is when more and more people waiting in backlogs will do their share to meet with their member of congress.

This year, Congress plans to tackle issues in piecemeal manner. Which is why it makes sense to support and ask your member of Congress to pass H.R.213.
I agree with your assessment and the fact that both chambers are now controlled by Rs, it is a good time to breathe life back into this. Even if enough folks on both side of the aisle support this or some morphed form of this bill, do you really think the WH has any appetite for piecemeal legislation on immigration?

Also, looking at the current state of affairs in the House, I fear that loonies in there will try to hold this hostage unless Boehner concedes and adds language to repeal/defund te EO that the President signed. Anyway, what is IVs sense of the approach the Senate and WH will take, of the bill makes it out of the committees and the lower chamber?

Old 01-15-2015, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Bill text uploaded
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HR 213ImmigrationVoice.pdf (229.5 KB, 353 views)

Old 01-15-2015, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Bill text uploaded
seems like it will eliminate in phased manner

just like HR 3012 did

Old 01-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
konerusai will become famous soon enough konerusai will become famous soon enough
Smile Donation Pay pal id 3YD75484UF279900L.

My donation 100$ in support of this bill. 3YD75484UF279900L.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ChaseMyDreams is on a distinguished road
Default What does Sep 30, 2014 Effective Date means here?

Quote:
Bill text uploaded
Hello Admin,
This looks very promising and helps almost everyone in this forum. I have a specific question - How does the Effective date works here? It says "Effective Sep 30, 2014...".

For Example - I'm an Indian with PD in 2014 & have applied I-485 in November 2014 using my spouse's country charge-ability (she is UAE born). If this bill passes which would remove the country cap which will make the cross country charge-ability invalid. Will my 485 approval be pushed back? Or it will go in sequence it was submitted?

I would appreciate your response. Thanks!

Old 01-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseMyDreams View Post
Hello Admin,
This looks very promising and helps almost everyone in this forum. I have a specific question - How does the Effective date works here? It says "Effective Sep 30, 2014...".

For Example - I'm an Indian with PD in 2014 & have applied I-485 in November 2014 using my spouse's country charge-ability (she is UAE born). If this bill passes which would remove the country cap which will make the cross country charge-ability invalid. Will my 485 approval be pushed back? Or it will go in sequence it was submitted?

I would appreciate your response. Thanks!
Effective date here means that from that effective date bill will be effective. It does not have to do with priority date but you will get green card faster because it would be first come first serve.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:33 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

GOP Retreat: Rep. Jeff Denham Says Party's Quietly Crafting Broad Immigration Bill - Breitbart

Old 01-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramappu will become famous soon enough ramappu will become famous soon enough
Default Great

Good news

Just donated USD 100.00
Transaction ID for this payment is: 4C746180TR791981P.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bill text uploaded
Will the elimination be immediate or in phased manner?