Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2015, 08:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinline View Post
I am about to donate but i have a few questions.

How will this bill help ?

1. It does not recapture unused greencards
2. It does not give EAD to approved I-140
3. It also says ...that
"Sets forth the following per country distribution rules: (1) for transition period visas, not more than 25% of the total number of EB-2 and EB-3 visas for natives of a single country; and (2) for non-transition period visas, not more than 85% of EB-2 and EB-3 visas for natives of a single country."

4.It does not remove dependents.

I really don't see HR 213 changing the situation much.

Am i wrong ?
My dear friend. If HR 213 becomes law, we just get removal of per country limits. All others you are talking about are in I-d Act of 2015 ie Senate bill S.153
Donot wait further. Just donate and do your part.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

3. It also says ...that
"Sets forth the following per country distribution rules: (1) for transition period visas, not more than 25% of the total number of EB-2 and EB-3 visas for natives of a single country; and (2) for non-transition period visas, not more than 85% of EB-2 and EB-3 visas for natives of a single country."

Am i wrong ?
It depends on your immigration situation and what you want. No bill language is set in stone when introduced. The language changes a lot when it goes through several steps. Amendments that are good and bad are added. Advocacy is a process where first you have to get many people to cosponsor or support the bill. Then you have to protect it and add amendments to it. So if you donate and strengthen Immigrationvoice I am sure they may be able to add at least an amendment of one of the 4 things you have listed. They did that in the past to a bill and if the opportunity is right, there is no reason why they will not do it again. All 4 are part of IV agenda and they keep finding the opportunity to add in any bill that moves. That is how the lobby beast is.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute KiranKashi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another $100.00 Contribution

Here is one more contribution from my friend Bhaskar Reddy - Transaction ID for this payment is: 10T85217F6229642Y.
+1 on Google+
Follow us on Twitter

Old 01-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:

3. It also says ...that

Am i wrong ?
In the transition time, 85% will be FIFO and within 15%, not country can get more than 25%. So, India should get 85% in the first year.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:50 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Check this IV facebook post today.
https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...57820454284180

H4 EAD seems close. Please post your stories at
ImmigrationVoice.org - Your EAD for H-4 Story Form

Last edited by The Alchemist; 01-23-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: corrected the link

Old 01-29-2015, 12:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
konerusai will become famous soon enough konerusai will become famous soon enough
Default Could Obama Increase Immigration By Not Counting Family Against Visa Caps?

Could Obama Increase Immigration By Not Counting Family Against Visa Caps? | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 02-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
braveone is on a distinguished road

Dear Admin,

People on the other forum are sending twitter messages to lawmakers. Is that a good idea?

Old 02-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
braveone is on a distinguished road

What I meant to ask is if that is helpful should we also start twitter advocacy?

Old 02-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveone View Post
What I meant to ask is if that is helpful should we also start twitter advocacy?
No, we do not believe in those twitter campaigns. What we believe in, we just did last couple of days from Feb 8-10, advocacy event in DC

Old 02-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

First of all posting on Twitter is NEITHER advocacy nor a campaign. But it sure is waste of whole lot of time. If things would happen just by posting on twitter and FB then Washington DC would be a dead town, everyone would just sit at home to tweet and click FB like button. And no one would have to do anything else. So please don't get mired into false narrative by using phrases like "Twitter campaign" or "Facebook Advocacy", these are oxymorons.

Every tool has its relevance. The primary relevance of Twitter and FB is to create awareness for organizing grassroots to participate in REAL ADVOCACY. If you are unable to convert social media into real action then its waste of time. When social media engages in grassroots to participate in REAL ADVOCACY, go to Washington, find a champion for a cause, create a bi-partisan agreement, get support from other groups (which is hugely important), shop for cosponsors, do the same thing in the other chamber of Congress (Senate/House), get committee leadership onboard, get majority party onboard to bring the bill for vote, get the support of minority, then and only then the bill can pass. It will take time, because in any democratic process it takes time. But if people think an issue is important and thus they are able to endure the process, then eventually things will happen because the system actually works. There are no shortcuts and posting on twitter and clicking like button on FB might be easy, but it is the biggest waste of time if it cannot translate into real daily action on the ground.

Even when working on any idea with the administration, like any Admin Fix, it never ever happens in 1-2 meetings things start to roll. One has to go time and again, advocate for the position, presenting different arguments, responding to their questions, providing data to support your arguments. Creating some FB page, talking with each other, patting each others back but with no added real action on the ground, or, posting on twitter and re-tweeting over and over again, all that is waste of time if it is not timed and coordinated with frequent real action on the ground. That is the reason we keep requesting members to stop wasting time in online forums and call your local Senator/Congressman office to setup a meeting. Or, come to Washington to meet with your Members of Congress.

BTW, what twitter post are you talking about? Who is posting it, where?

Last edited by Administrator2; 02-12-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute

Its going on here.

http://www..com/uk-discussion-forums...page/last_page

Old 03-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
konerusai will become famous soon enough konerusai will become famous soon enough
Default New Cosponsors for H.R. 213: Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015

H.R. 213: Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015

New Cosponsor: Rep. Kevin Cramer [R-ND0]

Old 03-07-2015, 11:12 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshitij View Post
The Senate GOP is naming its two most anti-immigrant members to run its immigration subcommittee - Vox

Sen. Jeff Sessions (as chair) and Sen. David Vitter (as vice-chair) head the subcommittee on immigration in the Senate Judiciary committee. Both are staunch legal immigration and high-skilled immigration opponents.

Is this Sen. Grassley stall of HR 3012 redux?
It is easy to dismiss everything because someone or the other will always be opposing every bill. We have to keep working diligently to find ways in which the political climate is right to get our bill pass through Congress. None of these Senators have policy level opposition to removal of per-country limits. Their opposition was based on political view of overall immigration, their opposition was not over the policy matter on removal of per country limits. So it has to have a political solution and political landscape is dynamic as it keeps shifting. If we keep pushing for our bill, with shifting political landscape there is always a possibility that the window of opportunity could open. We just have to be ready and be on lookout for such opportunity. Who knows, maybe one of these Senators might decide to support or rather sponsor bill to remove per country limits.

One cannot overcome political hurdles with policy arguments. At the same time, one cannot sit back and wait for all the political problems in the world to resolve before starting to work on any bill. For if we do, then we might as well wait for 1000 years and will still not have political problems settle down by itself. Every issue or bill has political hurdles. We just have to find ways to overcome without having a fatalistic outlook. The chances of overcoming these hurdles increase each time we attempt to push for the bill. That’s just a statistical fact.

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-07-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default New Cosponsors H.R. 213: Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015

New Cosponsor: Rep. Jim McDermott [D-WA7]

New Cosponsor: Rep. Barbara Comstock [R-VA10]

Old 03-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all

How many co-sponsors on bill can force senate or house committee to bring that bill for vote or pass ?