Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2015, 06:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpayne1 View Post
Hi rupen,

Since I'm relatively new to this, how do I go about trying to convince my congressperson to co-sponsor this? He is currently not one of the co-sponsors. Is there a template somewhere that I could modify and use to email him? Thanks!
The most effective option is to get an appointment and meet with him/her personally at his/her local offcie and convince him/her to cosponsor this bill. They may or may not agree with you but they are very approachable because they want to hear from their constituents.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpayne1 View Post
Hi rupen,

Since I'm relatively new to this, how do I go about trying to convince my congressperson to co-sponsor this? He is currently not one of the co-sponsors. Is there a template somewhere that I could modify and use to email him? Thanks!
emails, tweets, online petitions, facebook posts etc do not really convince for sponsoring. One has to get involved with the office in person and set up regular meetings.
Read:
http://immigrationvoice.org/media/Ho...tLawmakers.pdf

Last edited by The Alchemist; 04-19-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: link updated

Old 04-17-2015, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maxpayne1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
emails, tweets, online petitions, facebook posts etc do not really convince for sponsoring. One has to get involved with the office in person and set up regular meetings.
Read:
http://immigrationvoice.org/media/Ho...tLawmakers.pdf
pappu,

Thank you for posting this.

Last edited by The Alchemist; 04-19-2015 at 11:45 AM. Reason: link updated

Old 04-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
konerusai will become famous soon enough konerusai will become famous soon enough
Default New Co Sponsors for H.R. 213: Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015

New Cosponsor: Rep. Sam Graves [R-MO6]

New Cosponsor: Rep. Timothy Walz [D-MN1]

New Cosponsor: Rep. Luke Messer [R-IN6]

Old 04-29-2015, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stan1IV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by konerusai View Post
New Cosponsor: Rep. Sam Graves [R-MO6]

New Cosponsor: Rep. Timothy Walz [D-MN1]

New Cosponsor: Rep. Luke Messer [R-IN6]
Hail hail..

Is there a safe number of sponsors which will ensure success of this bill?

Old 04-29-2015, 08:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Read on another forum. If a Bill passes House & Senate it could take any of these numbers.

Average: 263.57 days
Median: 215 days

Old 04-29-2015, 09:52 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan1IV View Post
Read on another forum. If a Bill passes House & Senate it could take any of these numbers.

This is not statistical or mathematical problem. Some bills take many years worth of work and nothing happens. That means for those years, until just before that bill passes, statistically the chance of success is zero because that bill never passed before, that too for many years. But all of a sudden, one fine day the bill passes the Congress.

It just means one thing. Stats only apply to domains that are logical. There is no linear logic or pattern to law making or Congress. So the numbers that you posted, average/median/mode/mean/range none of these are relevant to this subject.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

One more thing other forum is full of twisted people with lots of free time who have nothing better to do. They waste their time everyday day thinking they make the earth spin on its axis Try not to waste your time there

Old 04-30-2015, 09:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
One more thing other forum is full of twisted people with lots of free time who have nothing better to do. They waste their time everyday day thinking they make the earth spin on its axis Try not to waste your time there
It is not an immigration forum. General bill to Law forum with that stat.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is not an immigration forum. General bill to Law forum with that stat.
Those websites are created so that people can crowdsource their opinion and rate bills. It is easy to pull in bill data and create such websites. Then they overlay online petitions on top of this. Then they try and collect your email ID at the very least. If not, then the website traffic is good for display advertising money.

You always need to read which company owns a website you browse. It does not take much time. I am surprised that this community is majority IT people and they still think these websites are genuine.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Looks like we have another co-sponsor, total of 29: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...213/cosponsors

Old 05-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Looks like we have another co-sponsor, total of 29: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...213/cosponsors
Keep it coming, Uncle Sam! :-)

Old 05-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
Keep it coming, Uncle Sam! :-)
Actually, it was two new co-sponsors.

The big one is Cathy MacMoris Rogers who is the #4 Republican in the house.

She will probably be very influential in getting this bill a vote on the house.

IV has a link on the front page of their FB page thanking her for her support. People should like that post and add a line thanking her for her support. It will help the bill get a vote.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Actually, it was two new co-sponsors.

The big one is Cathy MacMoris Rogers who is the #4 Republican in the house.

She will probably be very influential in getting this bill a vote on the house.

IV has a link on the front page of their FB page thanking her for her support. People should like that post and add a line thanking her for her support. It will help the bill get a vote.
+10. Little things add up!

Old 05-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

The congressmen/women in the constituency around me have agreed to support this bill, but I was wondering what I could do to convince other politicians in other constituencies? (short of visiting them)?

Will a (physical) letter, or letters be taken seriously? I'm encouraging my friends to go visit as well.