Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2015, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 996
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viskon View Post
Is there expected to be a public announcement of what fixes have been accepted by the WH?
Yes, when The President makes his decision then we will all know because that will be followed by publishing of the regulations. There is no way you can miss the news about the fixes after it is announced by DHS or WH.

If you are asking that anyone can provide live blog of what WH is doing, then please don't hold your breath over it. No one knows when the President will make his decision. But even if anyone did, it will not be fair to announce it publicly. There are certain protocols that one needs to respect. Any decision by the President must always be first announced by the WH/DHS/Administration . Even if someone would entrust us with the information, we will not share it publicly because we need to be respectful of the protocol. Trust is a 2-way street and if we break the trust it will diminish our ability to be effective.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
dhruva12 is on a distinguished road
Default What about the USCIS updating WH on 3/20?

Dear Admin...

Do you know whether USCIS submitted its reccomendations to WH, if yes, why is it not public?


What in your opinion are the chances of I-140 EAD rule making progress happening in the near term? Is there anything as a community which we can do to keep the heat on?

I understand your position and not having new information every day about these things, but I am assuming you might have an opinion which is well informed than me :-)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 40
braveone is on a distinguished road
Default

Is there anything you want us to do in response to a horrible USCIS call last week?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2015, 11:23 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 996
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruva12 View Post
Dear Admin...

Do you know whether USCIS submitted its reccomendations to WH, if yes, why is it not public?


What in your opinion are the chances of I-140 EAD rule making progress happening in the near term? Is there anything as a community which we can do to keep the heat on?

I understand your position and not having new information every day about these things, but I am assuming you might have an opinion which is well informed than me :-)

Hope you understand that inter-agency communication of U.S. government is not a matter of public disclosure. To run government business USCIS/DHS/WH may be communicating on daily basis. Government communications are not expected to posted on any dashboard so everyone knows of every detail.

The call last week was a "Public engagement" call. It was announced on the public call by USCIS that they have already submitted the recommendations to WH. Since this information is in public arena, we can also share with you safely that USCIS already submitted their recommendations from the RFI responses to the the WH.

For anyone who is interested in this matter it should be obvious that these fixes are happening:
1.) EAD and AP for I-140
2.) Filing Adjustment of Status when the priority date is not current in Visa Bulletin

These are separate fixes and we already shared this months in advance. Perhaps you did not see it back then. Nevertheless, these ideas have been discussed for many months/years. And parachuting in the last minute in sending emails/messages to anyone in the last minute will not change anything. So please save yourself and our cause from having to send meaningless email to USCIS/anyone else saying "please do EAD for I-140". Such messages are significantly detrimental to our cause.

The reason being - details of the fix matter a lot. And that is why it is important to respond adequately with all the details based on the intent of the question. We are working on a comprehensive response that everyone can use to send to USCIS.

EAD and AP for approved I-140 is only one fix. But more significant fix is the ability to file AOS when priority date is not current on Visa Bulletin system. DO NOT be distracted by the diversion of EAD for I-140. This fix is already happening, and again, we shared that months back. And though this fix is very important for us but also equally important is the fix to file AOS when visa number is not available. DO NOT lose the big picture and get dragged into bumper sticker slogan of "EAD for I-140". Try See the world that is beyond this fix.

USCIS call and these questions are not as much relevant. But we see that some douchebag is repeatedly posting a template response asking everyone to send it to USCIS. Again, we request everyone NOT to undo the work from many years by sending these messages that are going to hurt us. If you want to have sense of having done your share and if you want to send something to USCIS then we are working on a comprehensive response that you can also send to USCIS. But please DO NOT send any wrong or incomplete message to USCIS because even if your message cannot help, it can surely hurt your cause.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 996
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveone View Post
Is there anything you want us to do in response to a horrible USCIS call last week?
As noted above, IV is preparing a response and we will post it for everyone to use that comprehensive template for sending it to USCIS. Please DO NOT send just any message posted by some jerk who is not helping the cause.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #21 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 338
sengs is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Hope you understand that inter-agency communication of U.S. government is not a matter of public disclosure. To run government business USCIS/DHS/WH may be communicating on daily basis. Government communications are not expected to posted on any dashboard so everyone knows of every detail.

The call last week was a "Public engagement" call. It was announced on the public call by USCIS that they have already submitted the recommendations to WH. Since this information is in public arena, we can also share with you safely that USCIS already submitted their recommendations from the RFI responses to the the WH.

For anyone who is interested in this matter it should be obvious that these fixes are happening:
1.) EAD and AP for I-140
2.) Filing Adjustment of Status when the priority date is not current in Visa Bulletin

These are separate fixes and we already shared this months in advance. Perhaps you did not see it back then. Nevertheless, these ideas have been discussed for many months/years. And parachuting in the last minute in sending emails/messages to anyone in the last minute will not change anything. So please save yourself and our cause from having to send meaningless email to USCIS/anyone else saying "please do EAD for I-140". Such messages are significantly detrimental to our cause.

The reason being - details of the fix matter a lot. And that is why it is important to respond adequately with all the details based on the intent of the question. We are working on a comprehensive response that everyone can use to send to USCIS.

EAD and AP for approved I-140 is only one fix. But more significant fix is the ability to file AOS when priority date is not current on Visa Bulletin system. DO NOT be distracted by the diversion of EAD for I-140. This fix is already happening, and again, we shared that months back. And though this fix is very important for us but also equally important is the fix to file AOS when visa number is not available. DO NOT lose the big picture and get dragged into bumper sticker slogan of "EAD for I-140". Try See the world that is beyond this fix.

USCIS call and these questions are not as much relevant. But we see that some douchebag is repeatedly posting a template response asking everyone to send it to USCIS. Again, we request everyone NOT to undo the work from many years by sending these messages that are going to hurt us. If you want to have sense of having done your share and if you want to send something to USCIS then we are working on a comprehensive response that you can also send to USCIS. But please DO NOT send any wrong or incomplete message to USCIS because even if your message cannot help, it can surely hurt your cause.
If USCIS has already send its recommendations to the WH, and considering the 120 days timeframe set by the president is over, why are we freaking out on the telephone call and sending emails to the USCIS? I am still not understanding this much ado about nothing.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #22 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 22
thokkalohdi is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
If USCIS has already send its recommendations to the WH, and considering the 120 days timeframe set by the president is over, why are we freaking out on the telephone call and sending emails to the USCIS? I am still not understanding this much ado about nothing.
Nobody said those are final recommendations... because only 2 parties (WH and USCIS) knows what they are... recommendations can change with public/business mood.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 338
sengs is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thokkalohdi View Post
Nobody said those are final recommendations... because only 2 parties (WH and USCIS) knows what they are... recommendations can change with public/business mood.
True. Until the final rule is published, anything is possible.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org