Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2015, 07:04 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarak View Post
sorry, got little excited there
No worries at all. And before anybody else will jump the gun, this is not a decision between recapture or getting nothing at all . This is about getting recapture PLUS OTHER FIXES v/s just getting recapture.

If we call to register our opposition then we have a better chance to get much needed fixes to address the backlogs. When other groups (companies) are getting everything they want, this amendment is throwing bread crumbs at us. We need to speak up and ask for proportionate fix for the immigrants in backlogs.

Some people have the tendency to act foolish and they will start jumping up and down by saying - "IV is against recapture". And as always nothing can be further from the truth.

When no one is getting anything or every group is getting some fixes, then we will take recapture. But if companies are getting sun and the moon, it is be foolish to support such a deal because that doesn't work for us.

Any amendment or bill that increases H-1B bill must proportionately increase green cards. Or else we are left with no choice but to oppose such amendment or bill.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anshu is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Done. I also posted my comments on Sen. Warren's FB page, and tweeted to both Sens. Markey and Warren.

Do we need to tweet/call/email Sens. Sessions and Grassley? An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
Don't west your time to Mr. Grassley, senators & house of Representatives playing hide and seek game.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Done. I also posted my comments on Sen. Warren's FB page, and tweeted to both Sens. Markey and Warren.

Do we need to tweet/call/email Sens. Sessions and Grassley? An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
Whatever you do or not do, DO NOT send any message to Sen. Sessions and Grassley. Anything you send them will only come back to hurt the cause. We kept on telling everyone the same thing back in H.R.3012, but some idiots would not listen. They would get into the face of Sen. Sessions and Grassley. Is there anyone here who believes that you can convince or change Sen. Sessions and Grassley's mind? If not, then you will only end up hurting the cause. We have been advised professionals to stay away from Sen. Sessions and Grassley.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:15 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

They are working on increasing H1s. That's what this is about. We have been part of the discussion sitting in the room. That is why we are sharing this. You can continue to understand whatever you want.

If companies get unlimited H1 increase, you can pretty much kiss any green card bill good bye.

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-25-2015 at 09:29 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

You seem to have a tendency to come across as if you know more and everything that IV is doing is wrong. If that is the case then why don't you start your organization and do what you think is right? Were you sitting in the room when discussions for this amendment? And rather than attacking us that we are wrong, why don't you first do your due diligence? Frankly you have no clue what you are up against and always come across as if "IV is the enemy".

We already shared before
Quote:
If companies get unlimited H1 increase, you can pretty much kiss any green card bill good bye.
This is the truth. What part of this do you not understand?

You can believe what you want to believe. Officially IV is not for or against H-1B increase. But we do want immigrants to have same rights as US workers. If immigrants have the same rights to change employers then bad employers will not have the incentive to hire immigrants for the wrong reason, and that will prevent discrimination against Americans in the job market. And one way to get those rights is to give immigrants green cards and resolve green card backlogs. This is our position.

Now if you disagree, you can go elsewhere. We are not going to argue with you on this thread. This thread has a specific purpose and we are not going to be distracted by what you as one single person understand or not understand. This is a lot bigger than your ego.

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-25-2015 at 09:46 PM.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:54 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Thanks for your suggestion. We already said that this is exactly what we have been saying in the meeting rooms. Now when they have not listened, they have to hear from public (which is the reason for these calls).

You cannot ask everyone to call to negotiate with every Senate office. That is not how it works. These public calls for putting in pressure on Senate office for not doing what they are doing, so they do green cards.

This is going to be the last post on this topic from you on this thread. You are free to open another thread to discuss this. You as one person is not more important than everyone waiting in backlogs, so this ought not be limited by what you understand or know. Just because you don't know what is being discussed in the backrooms doesn't mean that this action item is wrong, which is the impression that you are trying to create.

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-25-2015 at 09:46 PM.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:55 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusdude007 View Post
I guess I may be living in a dream world or just too naive to understand politics. Instead of just opposing increase in H1B Quota, we should say H1B Quota should not be increased without a corresponding GC Quota increase, Per Country limits are removed, Recapture, Dependents not counted etc..
I don't claim to be an expert but based on my limited knowledge here is what I thnk--You are 6 month late for saying that. You missed advocacy meetings. Did not make any political contributions or attended the raising dinners etc. We were all Busy on forums or Facebook discussing and criticizing. I still see some people tweeting everyday from their fake anonymous usernames begging to get greencard or EAD. That is so funny and idiotic by the so called high educated people.
Anyways it is too late to come in with ideas. Each bill takes several years of work in prepping lawmakers of your issue by spending lot of money. Our 100 dollars each every month to IV can help achieve it . We are late in the game and are in yes and no stage and cannot negotiate.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
I don't claim to be an expert but based on my limited knowledge here is what I thnk--You are 6 month late for saying that. You missed advocacy meetings. Did not make any political contributions or attended the raising dinners etc. We were all Busy on forums or Facebook discussing and criticizing. I still see some people tweeting everyday from their fake anonymous usernames begging to get greencard or EAD. That is so funny and idiotic by the so called high educated people.
Anyways it is too late to come in with ideas. Each bill takes several years of work in prepping lawmakers of your issue by spending lot of money. Our 100 dollars each every month to IV can help achieve it . We are late in the game and are in yes and no stage and cannot negotiate.
Called my senetors. I know there is no time! Its going through tomorrow. Please call ur offices and leave mesaages. Its okay if your office is closed. They do encourage you to comment on issues on a vm.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute

Same here. Calling and leaving voice messages. Every call counts.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusdude007 View Post
I don't see how being 6 months late to anything is relevant to this specific amendment. Are you saying that this amendment was being crafted 6 months ago by Hatch? Stop being over smart or just plain silly.
I know you are active on a lawyer website kissing a$& and in the past attacked IV
So I want to alert everyone about your intentions

If you are so smart why don't you negotiate with Senator and get a greencard amendment ASAP
Why are you wasting your time arguing with people here who know you are an anti immigrant ( because you have some other motive or get something for opposing the effort of the only organization of immigrants). Or you are plain dumb and want to go cut the branch of tree you are sitting.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road
Default Let us not get carried away

Please let us not get carried away from the main intention of this thread.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

A few members sent in messages saying some lawyer is suggesting that this budget "resolution" meaning nothing. Here is a response to that -

Oh ya, then why are companies willing to give away arm and a leg to get this through? If this doesn't mean anything, then no one should be spending energy to push this through correct? Lawyers just want more immigrants to come and get stuck in the system, that way lawyers make more money. That is what most immigration lawyers want. This is not a secret. We don't trust any immigration lawyer with policy advice.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:01 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
A few members sent in messages saying some lawyer is suggesting that this budget "resolution" meaning nothing. Here is a response to that -

Oh ya, then why are companies willing to give away arm and a leg to get this through? If this doesn't mean anything, then no one should be spending energy to push this through correct? Lawyers just want more immigrants to come and get stuck in the system, that way lawyers make more money. That is what most immigration lawyers want. This is not a secret. We don't trust any immigration lawyer with policy advice.
It was not long ago to remember what those lawyers were saying in uscis call

Old 03-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold
Default Called and left detailed message

Called and left messages for both senators from the state of Missouri

Old 03-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

If you are leaving voice mails today, try calling them again tomorrow