Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbusgc View Post
If #958 gets through H1B will be dead for all practical purposes.... .... Anyway will call Senate offices tomorrow regarding Hatch #1025.
I cannot find the text. Can you please let us know what the amendment is about or provide a link.

Thanks
Amul
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
I was under the impression that they will wind this up by tonight
They are winding this up tonight. If you can reach an office which is open, It is now or never.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:42 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
They are winding this up tonight. If you can reach an office which is open, It is now or never.
Vote happening in few mins

Old 03-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future

Any updates on the vote ?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:42 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteStallion View Post
Any updates on the vote ?
Has not happened yet. Stillv waiting

Old 03-26-2015, 08:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Viskon is on a distinguished road

Live blog for anyone interested.

Budget Tracker | Senate Republican Policy Committee

Old 03-26-2015, 09:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold agopal is a splendid one to behold
Default The hatch amendment

Is listed as #1029 in the blog. Am I missing something?

Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by agopal View Post
Is listed as #1029 in the blog. Am I missing something?
That one is different. It is on tax rate

Old 03-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road
Angry 3 amendments with same or similar content

Looks like in the final hours before voting started 646 was split into 646, 1017 and 1025, with same or smilar content. Either to confuse callers or to take the chance to get one of three passed. I cant beleive these people are so cunning.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:34 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Looks like in the final hours before voting started 646 was split into 646, 1017 and 1025, with same or smilar content. Either to confuse callers or to take the chance to get one of three passed. I cant beleive these people are so cunning.
I agree ! First lawyers on uscis call and now this. Wee are seeing too much too fast !

Old 03-26-2015, 10:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
I agree ! First lawyers on uscis call and now this. Wee are seeing too much too fast !
I am worried about the trickling effect of this poison pill on president's EO. Nothing has been announced yet, and USCIS can take these precedents into account and give adverse recommendations and jeopardize the entire process. This is s#it scary.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:36 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like all the phone calls did have the intended effect. Hatch amendment doesn't seem to have enough votes and it appears that Sen. Hatch may not press for vote on his amendments to increase H1 visas.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this extremely important action item.

We WILL Win!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future

Yay....thats a great victory of all of us. Thanks IV for keeping us informed !

Old 03-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Seems like all the phone calls did have the intended effect. Hatch amendment doesn't seem to have enough votes and it appears that Sen. Hatch may not press for vote on his amendments to increase H1 visas.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this extremely important action item.

We WILL Win!
Great work and congratulations to all

Old 03-27-2015, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
braveone is on a distinguished road

Someone online said that

Quote:
Congress is only working on budget resolutions. It is basically a roadmap for spending and revenue generation. This does not even need the President's signature. The Hatch amendment was basically a place holder for future revenue generation by increasing H1B cap. After that, they will have to work on the actual budget and the specific items will still need to be voted on as separate legislation.

UPDATE:

The Budget resolution did pass by a vote of 52-48 strictly along party lines. But this budget also has provisions of repealing the ACA so it is not going anywhere. I think yesterday's issue was made a mountain out of a molehill. Congress has not passed a budget for a while and this is not passing either.
I trust IV and come here get the true story. Was H1B visa increase vote about nothing?