Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
solarjf11 is on a distinguished road
Default titer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Hey, this is a very helpful information. My insurance said that I will be reimbursed but I thought I they will deduct the office visit copay. I shall confirm with them if they will reimburse the entire amount or not. Thank you very much solarjf11.

This should also be helpful for anyone who is scared of the costs involved. Once you call the civil surgeon's office please confirm with them if they will accept your insurance, or call your insurance company and find out if the civil surgeon is an approved provider. If not there are several choices available. Unless, your insurance is like mine where I can go anywhere I want, coast-to-coast.
Called up my insurance company. Adult immunizations are 100% covered and no cost to a patient. Titer test is also a covered benefit but deductible/co-insurance is applied. Insurance company can not provide a cost for the titer test until it is submitted & processed. Weird.

Anyone knows how much titer tests would cost after the insurance discount?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaguaero is on a distinguished road
Default Insurance coverage

I maybe talking out of line here but the reason why insurance companies don't cover is because the tests are not for preventive care. These are for immigration purposes. The moment they sign the form they know why its being done and insurance will reject it because of a different code. Just my 2 cents and I maybe wrong here.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ksujee2000 is on a distinguished road
Default I-693 qn

Anybody please send immunization certified letter format and what shots need to be mentioned.I am trying to start this and get ready when time come just goto USCIS Certified Civil Surgeon and hand off this document.
I know all of us had shots in childhood but never recorded on paper.

Thanks to one and all.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-693 Form Vaccinations question

Hi All, Are below vaccinations listed on I693 mandatory and what should be their schedule?
Please advise.

Hib
Hepatitis A/B
Pneumonococcal
Meningococcal
Rotavirus
Varicella

Old 04-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Under the current system, you cannot use approved I-140 from previous employer to file AOS. But you could file AOS from your old employer. All you need from your old employer is the letter from employer (please look for the letter format above).
I am saddened by the fact that my previous employer who happens to be a top 3 consulting firm will not issue me such a letter. I hope the admin fixes will allow those of us who have an approved I-140 from a previous employer to also file for AOS

Old 04-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indianoptimist123 is on a distinguished road
Default Please clarify

The Presidents executive action allowing everybody to file 485 after 140 is still on the table? Could the Admins please clarify this.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
I am saddened by the fact that my previous employer who happens to be a top 3 consulting firm will not issue me such a letter. I hope the admin fixes will allow those of us who have an approved I-140 from a previous employer to also file for AOS
Yeah this is a problem, and to be honest isn't it 'not acting in good faith' to get such a letter from an employer that you have no intention of joining in the future? And how would you convince USCIS of the above without paystubs or other proof if an RFE comes through - which can lead to danger of I-485 rejection?

Surprised to see IV recommend this move.

Also disappointed that by connecting the dots all I can see at the horizon is some way that USCIS will make everyone current for a month or two, like 2007. That was a bad idea that pushed priority dates back by eons for everyone, including EB3I. It basically a got a bunch of people stuck with EADs and unable to move to significantly different positions, and a bunch of new 'slaves' whose priority dates were significantly in the past.

If this is what IV is advocating for, I suggest it's a bad, shortsighted idea, and instead spend more energy on fixes that can improve the quality of life for all (but might take longer).

And I'm saying this as an IV supporter and donator, with even doing advocacy for HR213 in political offices.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nohohon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodyn55 View Post
Yeah this is a problem, and to be honest isn't it 'not acting in good faith' to get such a letter from an employer that you have no intention of joining in the future? And how would you convince USCIS of the above without paystubs or other proof if an RFE comes through - which can lead to danger of I-485 rejection?
Surprised to see IV recommend this move.
All IV has suggested in terms of using I-140 from a former employer is to get a supporting letter from that employer. At no point is the recommendation to not act in good faith or to game the system. The suggestion - should one choose to act on it - implies that the applicant intends to return to their former employer and that the employer is willing to take them back.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
solarjf11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohohon View Post
All IV has suggested in terms of using I-140 from a former employer is to get a supporting letter from that employer. At no point is the recommendation to not act in good faith or to game the system. The suggestion - should one choose to act on it - implies that the applicant intends to return to their former employer and that the employer is willing to take them back.
The intention is to join back to the former employer once he/she received the green card.

Since most (or all) of the people are not going to get the green card within 6 months, Is it possible to work on the EAD under AC-21 rule with the new employer after 6 months?

Admin/Pappu, can you answer the above question, please?

Old 04-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohohon View Post
Can I file I-485 with my current employer based on previous employer's approved I-140? - Avvo.com

Sure, it may be possible, but I double the USCIS will be so blasť about letting it go without an RFE. To me it sounds like exactly following the letter of the law, but not the spirit. Not that I'm a stickler for the law, but I doubt USCIS would be this amused.

Anyway it's a moot point; what self respecting company would provide this letter when it's clear that the employee left for better waters elsewhere?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhruva12 is on a distinguished road
Default Something on 5/4

Just got an email from aman that a good news awaits on 5/4 ... I don't want to steel his thunder, but surprised to not see it here already :-) ...

Thanks IVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road
Smile Didn't I say - keep faith on IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
By sending reminder newsletter on Friday 24th April, IV Admin has effectively implied increased importance of the issue. It takes 2-3 weeks to get medicals done, if not more should you need extra vaccinations. It is your take, how you understand the importance of these communications.

At the beginning of this thread, Admin has clearly mentioned that "While things are being worked upon, we want to ensure that you are equipped to take benefit of these fixes on a short notice. We think it is in your best interest to make this a priority and be prepared if/when an opportunity is presented." Take the cues from here and proceed if you want to.
Preparation is the Key- Right said the Alchemist

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Default Go IV!!!

One more positive news again from IV.. I wish dreams come true.

Krishna

Old 04-30-2015, 11:15 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thokkalohdi is infamous around these parts
Default what is it?

whats the newss????? any gueses?

Old 04-30-2015, 11:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Default News

Quote:
Originally Posted by thokkalohdi View Post
whats the newss????? any gueses?
thokkalohdi: Everybody is as excited as you. Just wish that dreams come true. If they make dates current or allow to file AOS for i140 approved candidates as per EO then that is headlines. Just wish that they make headlines and heal our long ailed wounds.