Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gramster is on a distinguished road

sengs - not even concerned about the exact timelines...the question was more about whether or not we still expect a movement in VB dates, and hence the facilitation of 485 filings, in advance of other regulatory driven fixes due Q1'16
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramster View Post
sengs - not even concerned about the exact timelines...the question was more about whether or not we still expect a movement in VB dates, and hence the facilitation of 485 filings, in advance of other regulatory driven fixes due Q1'16
See post # 778 in this thread and you shall find what you are looking for.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SatnamSingh is on a distinguished road

Correct me if I am wrong, but as per the earlier IV announcement thr was some intermediate fix which was suppose to get published that could allow certain EE's(approved I-140 or so) to get temporary relief for EAD with the help of some MEMO.. Second option was the permanent fix that would require regulation changes which may be announced as a part of Q1-2016 Fixes...

But taking into blog/forum conversation seems now thr is bent of mind towards the Q1-2016 & no temporary / intermediate relief in Year-2015 that would entitle employee to float jobs without any visa dependencies..

Old 06-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

ok sengs - I inadvertently missed that post (#778)... kinda answers my question
just hoping for good news this summer!
looking forward to meeting you all in DC

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts

Nope, there was no interim fix announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatnamSingh View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but as per the earlier IV announcement thr was some intermediate fix which was suppose to get published that could allow certain EE's(approved I-140 or so) to get temporary relief for EAD with the help of some MEMO.. Second option was the permanent fix that would require regulation changes which may be announced as a part of Q1-2016 Fixes...

But taking into blog/forum conversation seems now thr is bent of mind towards the Q1-2016 & no temporary / intermediate relief in Year-2015 that would entitle employee to float jobs without any visa dependencies..

Old 06-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts

Yes. Sorry, please ignore my timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
IV admin has not given any timeline, and we should not be giving out any timeline if we are not sure of it. IV admin has just said that VB will not be current in June or July. Figure out the rest. Today is only June 1st.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

ynrao24, You can follow the information discussed in last few posts and hope that will be very helpful.

I understand many cannot make to the event this time ...however you have many opportunities to do something for this event.
You can talk to your friends in similar situation who can travel for the event
You can share your Miles towards someone's tickets (there are many guys who have their Green Cards are willing to join as they understand the problem)
You can talk to your your state's lawmakers offices (just make sure you are coached from senior members before you take an appointment and speak).
You also have an option to donate (if you not done so far).

Just be aware this is OUR own Group and all are volunteers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynrao24 View Post
Really.. IV posted in FB about bottlenecks.. I didnt see any of them.. could you please share the link.

I cannot make it for DC event this time... I will do for sure next time.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SatnamSingh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishps123 View Post
Nope, there was no interim fix announced.
Correct, That circle back to my same question.. Is thr going to be any more announcement before Q1-2016 or below announcement was the expected announcement only ... bcaus seems it was earlier to be a combination of MEMO & Legislation..

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1615-AC05

Old 06-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatnamSingh View Post
Correct, That circle back to my same question.. Is thr going to be any more announcement before Q1-2016 or below announcement was the expected announcement only ... bcaus seems it was earlier to be a combination of MEMO & Legislation..

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1615-AC05
We are still expecting and hoping for 05/04 announcement.

It will contain very little new content from our FB post on 05/05, but will serve as official confirmation of the same. Our view is until it something is official, it can always be changed - regardless of private assurances made to us.

This is the post from 05/05: https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...12984648767760

It still will be a combination of memo and legislation.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
We are still expecting and hoping for 05/04 announcement.

It will contain very little new content from our FB post on 05/05, but will serve as official confirmation of the same. Our view is until it something is official, it can always be changed - regardless of private assurances made to us.

This is the post from 05/05: https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...12984648767760

It still will be a combination of memo and legislation.
I mean memo and regulation

Old 06-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitinglongtime is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
IV admin has not given any timeline, and we should not be giving out any timeline if we are not sure of it. IV admin has just said that VB will not be current in June or July. Figure out the rest. Today is only June 1st.
Sengs,
We couldn't figure out the rest. Please let us know, after July, whether we will hear about announcement on AOS filing?
Thanks.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stan1IV is on a distinguished road

bump

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinglongtime View Post
Sengs,
We couldn't figure out the rest. Please let us know, after July, whether we will hear about announcement on AOS filing?
Thanks.
Stop prediction game. Register for advocacy day and you will hear news from horses mouth. Or donate so that IV can hold the event and also spend on lobbying.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

No movement in EB2 Indian dates in July bulletin

Old 06-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramster View Post
No movement in EB2 Indian dates in July bulletin
Honestly, watching folks react to the priority date movements in the VB is very depressing. Its like watching dogs fight over scraps of food. We are better than that.

Instead of coming together, getting organized and fighting for our rights. People are doing useless things like squabbling on forums, signing petitions and most pathetic of all - modeling VB date movements.