Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamps is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Stupid is as Stupid Does

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Honestly, watching folks react to the priority date movements in the VB is very depressing. Its like watching dogs fight over scraps of food. We are better than that.

Instead of coming together, getting organized and fighting for our rights. People are doing useless things like squabbling on forums, signing petitions and most pathetic of all - modeling VB date movements.
Amen to that. Unless we all mobilize ourselves as high skilled community and put pressure on White house to take action on the admin fixes, we are only going to be giving the White house reasons to shy away from our cause. Sad truth is people never learn their lessons. I am proud to be standing along with all of you IV folks because among the many people in the high skilled community who don't care, you are the ones who really understand and care about the problem and are willing to fight for it like me by going to advocacy event, petitioning congress and telling Administrators in the White House that we as a community mean business and we want our freedom!!! Eventually one day we will get our rights, but it can only happen if every one of us participates. It cannot happen if we simply sit in the side lines and complain that nothing ever happens...It can only happen if we learn to raise our voice and speak up to authorities about our problem. Only then they will listen to our voice. Hope this helps people understand how the system works here in America.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramster View Post
No movement in EB2 Indian dates in July bulletin
Newton's First Law of Motion States that:

Quote:
Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.
Source: Newton's Three Laws of Motion

Based on this fundamental rule governing every aspect of this universe, how in the world do you expect movement in Visa Bulletin dates WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING AT ALL?

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamps View Post
Amen to that. Unless we all mobilize ourselves as high skilled community and put pressure on White house to take action on the admin fixes, we are only going to be giving the White house reasons to shy away from our cause. Sad truth is people never learn their lessons. I am proud to be standing along with all of you IV folks because among the many people in the high skilled community who don't care, you are the ones who really understand and care about the problem and are willing to fight for it like me by going to advocacy event, petitioning congress and telling Administrators in the White House that we as a community mean business and we want our freedom!!! Eventually one day we will get our rights, but it can only happen if every one of us participates. It cannot happen if we simply sit in the side lines and complain that nothing ever happens...It can only happen if we learn to raise our voice and speak up to authorities about our problem. Only then they will listen to our voice. Hope this helps people understand how the system works here in America.
+1 million (approximately for all backlogged individuals)

Old 06-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
InLineForGC is on a distinguished road
Default VB Dates

Quote:
Honestly, watching folks react to the priority date movements in the VB is very depressing. Its like watching dogs fight over scraps of food. We are better than that.

Instead of coming together, getting organized and fighting for our rights. People are doing useless things like squabbling on forums, signing petitions and most pathetic of all - modeling VB date movements.
hil3182 - There was a line item in the list of fixes which said something like - "significant advancement in VB dates"....can you please throw some light on it if its still expected and how significant is it expected to be? Are dates expected to significantly advance irrespective of I140 EAD+AP, AOS or HR213? Please advise and I apologize if this is already addressed but I was unable to find. Thanks !

Old 06-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Newton's First Law of Motion States that:

Source: Newton's Three Laws of Motion

Based on this fundamental rule governing every aspect of this universe, how in the world do you expect movement in Visa Bulletin dates WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING AT ALL?
Lol! Nice way to explain this, "with scientific facts"

Old 06-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLineForGC View Post
hil3182 - There was a line item in the list of fixes which said something like - "significant advancement in VB dates"....can you please throw some light on it if its still expected and how significant is it expected to be? Are dates expected to significantly advance irrespective of I140 EAD+AP, AOS or HR213? Please advise and I apologize if this is already addressed but I was unable to find. Thanks !
We have been told to expect a significant movement in VB dates. We cannot share the details as to "how significant" and "when" the dates will move because we have been specifically told to not share the same. Just keep your I-485 docs ready.

Regarding how it relates to I-140EAD+AP/Early AoS and other things in the EO: short answer is "maybe" for reasons that we have not made public at this time. As a member of the general public, you lack enough information to productively speculate about the same, so I suggest you leave it at that.

HR.213 is a legislative initiative and we hope the EO will not negatively affect its prospects.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
VolatilityMaster is on a distinguished road

May I ask if the date such significant movement supposed to happen, whenever that is, has changed since May 4th, after the "technology issue"?

Quote:
We have been told to expect a significant movement in VB dates. We cannot share the details as to "how significant" and "when" the dates will move because we have been specifically told to not share the same. Just keep your I-485 docs ready.

Regarding how it relates to I-140EAD+AP/Early AoS and other things in the EO: short answer is "maybe" for reasons that we have not made public at this time. As a member of the general public, you lack enough information to productively speculate about the same, so I suggest you leave it at that.

HR.213 is a legislative initiative and we hope the EO will not negatively affect its prospects.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts

Lets face it. President Obama was against showing leniency to illegal immigrants and a path to citizenship whilst he was an Illinois Senator. However constant lobbying and advocacy efforts (in addition to politics) of those involved not only changed his mind but was also fundamental to the EO order. The administration definitely helped out the legal community in the EO but it was never the main intent. They helped themselves and their voices were heard. We are not helping ourselves. In fact the Indian diaspora living in the US, while numerous in number, have never come together. There are over a million Indians in this country, of which probably 100k are awaiting their green cards and in a tough spot. Its mind boggling that the turn out to the advocacy is not even 500.

Quote:

Old 06-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
InLineForGC is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thanks hil3182 for your reply. I am just trying to gather the facts as best as possible to make a decision about job change after my I140 was approved, my priority date being Aug 2013. With so much to hear about EO, VB dates etc. its getting really confusing to make any decision at this time. Without sharing any confidential information, is there a way for you to offer any generic advice which I can weigh in making a decision about job change?

Old 06-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishps123 View Post
Its mind boggling that the turn out to the advocacy is not even 500.
Only 115, not even 500.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts

Unfortunately you have got to understand that there are certain things that IV cannot share despite how much they want to help you. As hil3182 confirmed, IV does expect movement in dates but cannot share when, why or how!!

Old 06-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLineForGC View Post
Thanks hil3182 for your reply. I am just trying to gather the facts as best as possible to make a decision about job change after my I140 was approved, my priority date being Aug 2013. With so much to hear about EO, VB dates etc. its getting really confusing to make any decision at this time. Without sharing any confidential information, is there a way for you to offer any generic advice which I can weigh in making a decision about job change?
Many of us are in the same situation as yours. I, and others, would suggest you to take decision based on prevailing conditions, rather than what is coming (which may or may not happen within your favorable dates).

Old 06-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Good advice Sengs.

Although I have no inside info nor am I trying to predict anything, just sharing my logic in hope of helping people make the right decision for their situation.

It is reasonable to assume that any "significant" visa movement is not going to happen until the new fiscal year based on available info on visa bulletin trends. If this happens first thing Oct 1st, 2015 and we all file I-485, then too you will have to wait 6 months before AC21 kicks in. You are free in March 2016!

All goes well, we also know that I-140 EAD/AP will also likely happen around March 2016. Then you file EAD/AP and after approval (typically 90 days), you are free in June 2016!

In any of two scenarios above, you will get your GC when your turn comes anyway (unless HR 213).
So:
1) If you can work on the same job until June 30th, 2016 (1 years from now) and not willing to go through the hassle of starting over PERM/I-140/Recapture of PD in addition to H1/H4 extensions, hang tight and help IV in whatever way you can
2) If you are offered your dream job that you hope to get only with a GC, you mission is accomplished if the new employer is willing to do steps in 1) above. Still help IV.
3) If you want to open a business right now, use the H4 spouse!

Old 06-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Would it be only in EB2-I or EB3-I also?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

This speculation about the EO is pointless, there is nothing you can do to positively affect it. There is a lot you can do to negatively affect it (like send out stupid tweets), but doing nothing is the best outsiders can do to positively affect it.

Focus on what you can control. Starting with your career: make the best decision you can with the best available public information - including the information we put out about expecting a significant movement in priority dates. We cannot get more specific than that without giving out embargoed information.

Secondly unlike the EO, HR.213 is IN your control. Here is how you can help yourself:

1. Go VISIT your Rep's office, especially if he/she is a Republican. Infact you need to visit any Republican Rep's office within a reasonable distance. If you need tips on how this works, you can go through previous posts on the HR.213 thread or PM me.
2. Donate money to IV. We are fighting for you like no one else.
3. Keep an eye out for IV action items and follow them religiously. They are usually very urgent and highly targeted. A few ways to stay in touch would be to "like" our FB page, "follow" us on twitter and signup for our newsletter.
4. We hope (as always) that this will be our last advocacy day event, and it is too late for you to sign up for this one. But if we have another one, do not hesitate to take your fate into your own hands and join us in DC - this is very empowering.