Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
How did you already know?

When it is already done, this lawyer is pushing for signing petition.

09/05/2015: Stakeholder Push with White House via Petitions: STEM OPT Rule Making vs. 140/EAD Rule Making

Currently there are two groups of foreign workers who petition with the White House to initiate rule-making as soon as possible. One is the STEM OPT rule and the other is I-140/EAD rule. The White House requires 100,000 signatures for each petition by certain fixed date for the President to review and act on the program pursuant to the petitions. Readers can access the counts of signatures for each program, minute by minute, at our home page. Readers will find that there is a striking difference in the level of push for each program by stakeholdes, with overwhelming push for STEM OPT rule as opposed to 140/EAD rule. Where are 140/EAD support stakeholders, dormant? As readers can appreciate it, STEM OPT is a program for which "employers" have a huge stake with push for the rule-making, while 140/EAD program is more or less pro-foreign worker program with some level of opposition from some employers. Please check with the minute-by-minute changes with the number of signatures for each petition. Readers will find it very interesting or even stunning.

source: https://immigrationlaw.com

We do not believe that the OPT fixes are in "competition" with our fixes.

However, if you are one of those who believes in "competition" between the fixes, you should be grateful that the OPT crowd is resorting to useless petitions instead of more meaningful face-to-face interactions.

Petitions are easy to ignore - and in fact are routinely ignored. An hour long face-to-face interaction with someone you have a relationship with (or are in the process of developing a relationship with), is much harder to ignore - especially if you don't let the matter drop by routinely following up.

This is why we are against Petitions as a matter of general principle. Regardless of the merit of the actual petition, they suck oxygen from much more effective uses of peoples time. If you have an issue, or want something (like HR.213), take a few hours to meet the concerned office and ask for it. When you think about it, all a petition does try to get something on the radar of the office. 99% of petition's don't accomplish anything, and if petitions worked we would all have Green Cards by now .

Actually visiting the office for a face-to-face meeting & persistently following up pretty much guarantees that it gets on radar of the office you are trying to influence. This is how lobbyists operate and to be effective, the community needs to understand this.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tpathrose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
We do not believe that the OPT fixes are in "competition" with our fixes.

However, if you are one of those who believes in "competition" between the fixes, you should be grateful that the OPT crowd is resorting to useless petitions instead of more meaningful face-to-face interactions.

Petitions are easy to ignore - and in fact are routinely ignored. An hour long face-to-face interaction with someone you have a relationship with (or are in the process of developing a relationship with), is much harder to ignore - especially if you don't let the matter drop by routinely following up.

This is why we are against Petitions as a matter of general principle. Regardless of the merit of the actual petition, they suck oxygen from much more effective uses of peoples time. If you have an issue, or want something (like HR.213), take a few hours to meet the concerned office and ask for it. When you think about it, all a petition does try to get something on the radar of the office. 99% of petition's don't accomplish anything, and if petitions worked we would all have Green Cards by now .

Actually visiting the office for a face-to-face meeting & persistently following up pretty much guarantees that it gets on radar of the office you are trying to influence. This is how lobbyists operate and to be effective, the community needs to understand this.
what about this Blog?
Visa Bulletin Changes Are Coming to Help Improve the Backlog | Hoppock Law Firm
here they say there is 220,000 visas that went unused between 1992 and 1997. and it does not need any rules to use that.
Can't we petition white house administration as this clearly calls for an action that president can take? ?

Old 09-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpathrose View Post
what about this Blog?
here they say there is 220,000 visas that went unused between 1992 and 1997. and it does not need any rules to use that.
Can't we petition white house administration as this clearly calls for an action that president can take? ?
NO NO NO.... not again

Haven't you understood yet. Any tom dick and harry can write whatever the hell he wants. If he is posting that 220K visas r there, then why did he not get them already. It should be easy.

And how did you conclude that the response to everything is PETITION. As the Admin2 already said a million times. PETITIONS HAS ABSOLUTELY ZERO VALUE. STOP CREATING OR CLICKING ON PETITIONS. NO CHANGE HAPPENS BECAUSE OF PETITIONS

for got sake please first read what is being discussed before again saying that sun revolves around earth

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ashish2305 is on a distinguished road

I am new to this forum and have a Q. regarding birth certificate affidavit. I have an affidavit prepared for a birth certificate which was registered late (not during birth) signed by my parents. The affidavit was prepared in 2012 when I was in india last. I am close to being current in FY2016 when i will get to file 485. Do i need a fresh/new affidavit? Does affidavit have to be recent one would it be OK to use the one from 2012? Please advise.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpathrose View Post
what about this Blog?
Firstly, didn't you READ the post above yours about the uselessness of "petitions"?

Fortunately, we don't need to "petition" the White House. When we call, they pick up the phone and when we ask for a meeting, they usually oblige.

We have obviously asked them for Recapture, but we think the concept is on shaky legal ground. Their silence on the matter indicates to us that the WH shares our legal analysis on this matter. Recapture hasn't been ruled out yet - but it is looking unlikely.

One more thing, the whole issue of Recapture/Dependent exemption is a plant in the media by lawyers and their agents to kill off the more achievable fixes that we will be seeing over the next few months. Their strategy was to ask for something impossible (or hard to get), and when they wouldn't get it, point to it and tell us (their client's/employees), that they tried their best. Their calculation was simple, if we got our freedom through more achievable fix's they will be screwed (with probability say 90%), but the probability of Recapture is 10%, so they broadcast recapture in the media and didn't even mention the more achievable fixes. Essentially, would you choose a path where you will be screwed 90% or 10%?

In August of LAST year, we tried explaining the situation to folks in this (Possible Administrative Fixes - Filtering facts from fiction)thread. Please read the thread (Possible Administrative Fixes - Filtering facts from fiction) very carefully - you will see that things are turning out exactly how we predicted in August 2014. Look at DallasBlue's posts to see the unbelievable amount of shit we got from idiots in our own community who couldn't handle hearing what they didn't want to hear.

We should all be very grateful that we have our own lobbying organization that can see through the BS that lawyers and companies are throwing our way.

To others reading this, we do need your support, please follow HR.213 action items and start a reoccurring donation.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2305 View Post
I am new to this forum and have a Q. regarding birth certificate affidavit. I have an affidavit prepared for a birth certificate which was registered late (not during birth) signed by my parents. The affidavit was prepared in 2012 when I was in india last. I am close to being current in FY2016 when i will get to file 485. Do i need a fresh/new affidavit? Does affidavit have to be recent one would it be OK to use the one from 2012? Please advise.
The old one should work.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tpathrose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Firstly, didn't you READ the post above yours about the uselessness of "petitions"?

Fortunately, we don't need to "petition" the White House. When we call, they pick up the phone and when we ask for a meeting, they usually oblige.

We have obviously asked them for Recapture, but we think the concept is on shaky legal ground. Their silence on the matter indicates to us that the WH shares our legal analysis on this matter. Recapture hasn't been ruled out yet - but it is looking unlikely.

One more thing, the whole issue of Recapture/Dependent exemption is a plant in the media by lawyers and their agents to kill off the more achievable fixes that we will be seeing over the next few months. Their strategy was to ask for something impossible (or hard to get), and when they wouldn't get it, point to it and tell us (their client's/employees), that they tried their best. Their calculation was simple, if we got our freedom through more achievable fix's they will be screwed (with probability say 90%), but the probability of Recapture is 10%, so they broadcast recapture in the media and didn't even mention the more achievable fixes. Essentially, would you choose a path where you will be screwed 90% or 10%?

In August of LAST year, we tried explaining the situation to folks in this (Possible Administrative Fixes - Filtering facts from fiction)thread. Please read the thread (Possible Administrative Fixes - Filtering facts from fiction) very carefully - you will see that things are turning out exactly how we predicted in August 2014. Look at DallasBlue's posts to see the unbelievable amount of shit we got from idiots in our own community who couldn't handle hearing what they didn't want to hear.

We should all be very grateful that we have our own lobbying organization that can see through the BS that lawyers and companies are throwing our way.

To others reading this, we do need your support, please follow HR.213 action items and start a reoccurring donation.
Thanks hil3182 for the reply. make more sense.
Wanted just to enquire about the so called 200k visas .

Old 09-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
4WatItsWorth is infamous around these parts
Default Acceptance date a few months forward?

From Ron Gotcher's forum, it appears that the new "Acceptance Date" might be just a few months ahead of the "Approval Date" which could be in, say 2008 or early 2009, for EB2-I. I am wondering if that is true and if so, how is that helping people stuck in backlogs?

Old 09-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WatItsWorth View Post
From Ron Gotcher's forum, it appears that the new "Acceptance Date" might be just a few months ahead of the "Approval Date" which could be in, say 2008 or early 2009, for EB2-I. I am wondering if that is true and if so, how is that helping people stuck in backlogs?
C'mon man, what part of Administrator2's comment is unclear?

Quote:
We wont. It should come through official channel now. We have provided ample of information about the upcoming fixes since last November. This is about to all come together, people need to have some faith and look at the information we have already shared over last few months.
As far as Gotcher's forum, the less said the better. I mean if we were to believe them, we would be living in the land of milk and honey and 2'R's - wink wink nod nod, EB-2 priority dates would be sometime in 2010 whilst marching forward rapidly and so on.

The proceedings on most forums are to be considered purely for entertainment value. If you want reliable information about what's going on, the best (and only) way to get in the loop is to be involved on the ground with a *real* organization, not some bored people trying to kill time on a slow Tuesday afternoon.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute
Default 180-day wait?

Any ideas if the proposed VB fixes allowing early filing on I-485 would also mean anything for the 180 day wait period from I-485 filing before one can change jobs without potentially jeopardizing his/her GC application.

I understand if admins won't like to make a speculative comment, but just trying to figure some things out and wondering if that would somehow change or would still apply as a restriction w/r/t AC-21 provisions.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeshpan View Post
Any ideas if the proposed VB fixes allowing early filing on I-485 would also mean anything for the 180 day wait period from I-485 filing before one can change jobs without potentially jeopardizing his/her GC application.

I understand if admins won't like to make a speculative comment, but just trying to figure some things out and wondering if that would somehow change or would still apply as a restriction w/r/t AC-21 provisions.
The VB reform has nothing to do with the existing AC21. 180 days after filing 485 and you are free.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
The VB reform has nothing to do with the existing AC21. 180 days after filing 485 and you are free.
Hmm I was hoping that the whole concept of greater ease of changing jobs and not being beholden to your employers would mean that something like doing away with the 180 day wait would possibly be included in the fixes, but yeah I guess AC21 is law and these VB/other fixes cannot change those facts...

Old 09-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitinglongtime is on a distinguished road
Smile VB tomorrow for OCT-15 month!!!!

Any one,your take on this message

https://twitter.com/gsiskind

Greg Siskind ‏@gsiskind 2h2 hours ago

The Visa Bulletin coming out tomorrow should lay out the new "pre-registration" dates for adjustment of status. pt. 1
I don't know how early the filing dates will be. This is going to make adjustments like consular processing where early filing has been pt.2
the law for years. For consular cases, it's about six months. But DOS could go much earlier if it wishes. And that would be consistent pt. 3
with the White House's goal of giving the benefits of adjustment much earlier. But no way to tell until tomorrow. pt. 4

Old 09-09-2015, 12:02 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinglongtime View Post
Any one,your take on this message

https://twitter.com/gsiskind

Greg Siskind ‏@gsiskind 2h2 hours ago

The Visa Bulletin coming out tomorrow should lay out the new "pre-registration" dates for adjustment of status. pt. 1
I don't know how early the filing dates will be. This is going to make adjustments like consular processing where early filing has been pt.2
the law for years. For consular cases, it's about six months. But DOS could go much earlier if it wishes. And that would be consistent pt. 3
with the White House's goal of giving the benefits of adjustment much earlier. But no way to tell until tomorrow. pt. 4

Our official position is "no comments". It is not worthy use of time to comment on tweets of every lawyer. That is unproductive for us to engage in.

We are not going to jump the gun before the official announcement. People should wait for official announcement. All that we can say is, it will be positive changes, one that we have worked on for long time. But the announcement MUST come from the administration, which it will, if we can be a little more patient.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
the less said the better. I mean if we were to believe them, we would be living in the land of milk and honey and 2'r's - wink wink nod nod, eb-2 priority dates would be sometime in 2010 whilst marching forward rapidly and so on.

The proceedings on most forums are to be considered purely for entertainment value.

:d:d:d:d:d:d