Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks IV

I am current.
Thanks IV for your hardwork. This is a great relief for people in the line.

I couldn't stop appreciating the smartness behind this fix. Can some one care who thought about this and what happened behind the scenes?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kabayega_GC is on a distinguished road
Default Hr213

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarappu View Post
Now all our energy should focus to make sure HR213 get passed this congress. This is the time to call and follow up with local congressman/congresswoman. Lets get our folks united at district level advocacy.
Yes lets go all in for getting support for HR213...

Old 09-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc View Post
I am current.
Thanks IV for your hardwork. This is a great relief for people in the line.

I couldn't stop appreciating the smartness behind this fix. Can some one care who thought about this and what happened behind the scenes?
Come to DC for the next advocacy event, we will have many war stories to share with you!

Old 09-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Support Fairness

This is a great process! If your dates are not current right away, don't be dissapointed. Its a matter of a few months. The fight for fairness should continue no matter what. HR213- remove the country caps, let us be equal

Old 09-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Don't mean to rain on your parade but this doesn't mean anything other than disappointment for EB3 I folks. The action date retrogressed to 08 March 04 and Application filing date is July 2005. Which means there is no relief for EB3 I.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

This is a very important point. While IV has been working hard and tirelessly for these fixes, it is only because of the political climate and given that Congress has failed to live up to its expectations.

No one should forget that HR- 213 is the ONLY solution. If you already haven't please contact your local representatives and ask them to support HR 213

Old 09-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
Don't mean to rain on your parade but this doesn't mean anything other than disappointment for EB3 I folks. The action date retrogressed to 08 March 04 and Application filing date is July 2005. Which means there is no relief for EB3 I.
I am in the same boat my friend, but just hang in there a little more. This shows that the Administration is willing to make fixes and make changes happen. The dates will only steadily moving forward from here on. This is their first step to make inroads.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamps is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Stop being negative!!!

Quote:
IV cannot hand deliver the GC to you. Y dont u see this in a positive way. This fix is the first of many other fixes that r expected to come from the Presidents executive action. There is no need to be negative about a positive change. In fact no need to be negative for anything at all, instead focus efforts on passing legislations like HR213, which can permanantly fix this problem. I hope u c the reality of our situation as a high skilled community!!!

Old 09-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

This is the mother of all fixes so far. H4 EAD was miniscule and narrower compared to this. This will help everyone to get EAD sooner. If you are current today, it should move pretty fast soon, but the change by itself is golden. Thanks a lot IV, and the WH administration, USCIS.

This fix is so logically obvious, that 5 yrs down the lane people would not believe if we tell them it was not this way, but a single date for both card approval and application. I wasted several years, finally seeing light. Happy for both myself and everybody else who will not have to undergo what we went through ever...

Old 09-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamps View Post
IV cannot hand deliver the GC to you. Y dont u see this in a positive way. This fix is the first of many other fixes that r expected to come from the Presidents executive action. There is no need to be negative about a positive change. In fact no need to be negative for anything at all, instead focus efforts on passing legislations like HR213, which can permanantly fix this problem. I hope u c the reality of our situation as a high skilled community!!!
It should move pretty fast, this date will not retrogress like the approval date. It will soon get to C, based on workload. Though i absolutely can understand the frustration, please hang on, just couple more months.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
The Action date is governed by the cold hard per-country cap numbers. Instead of "raining on our parade" you can work with us to get rid of this horrible system.

Secondly, regarding EB3I, there are a couple of dynamics:
1. There is just a lot of inventory until 2007 that needs to be worked through.
2. Volume of ROW filings is much higher in EB3 then EB2.

That is why the effects of this change in EB3 will be much lower than the same in EB2.

All that said, we hope that this change will not be the last word on this matter and is just about setting a precedent so as to not alarm the usual suspects.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Come to DC for the next advocacy event, we will have many war stories to share with you!
Hil, Despite not being current, you are still happy. I say you rock.

I will try to attend meanwhile I will renew my monthly contribution today so it will help our efforts.

Most people think they cannot change policy in US.
Sharing the story actually helps people understand the effort you put behind this and how you successfully influenced the decision. Instead of something magically appearing before them then they dont understand the complexity of what happened. It might inspire more people to join the cause.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc4evet is on a distinguished road

Thanks IV for your hard work and it is good movement for EB2I and disappointment for EB3I as most of them have already filed they I-485 during the july 2007 fiasco.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute

amulchandra, it may not be good for you (or me - EB3-05) at this very moment. But it is awesome for people who for whatever reason failed to file for 485 during July-07 and this is the firs time those will be able to file theirs.

This is the first time USCIS is doing this and chances are they took a baby step or know of demand for new 485s from July-05 EB3.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kabayega_GC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrs7734 View Post
My PD is june 2012. I hope they will keep moving qualifying date rapidly/steadily over next vbs

Thanks IV
My PD is Dec 2010 EB3. This is good start and hoping the dates will keep moving in coming months.

Thanks IV for your hard work over the years...