Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/06/2012
Compare
deepimpact has much to be proud of deepimpact has much to be proud of deepimpact has much to be proud of deepimpact has much to be proud of deepimpact has much to be proud of deepimpact has much to be proud of deepimpact has much to be proud of deepimpact has much to be proud of deepimpact has much to be proud of

I joined the Nationwide IV Chapter FB page(my state Oregon doesn't have a separate State Chapter). What are next steps for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Also would like to point out that if you want to help, the first step is to join a state chapter. The URL to join is http://statechapters.immigrationvoice.org

We really need people in the New Haven area - Elizabeth Esty's district.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact View Post
I joined the Nationwide IV Chapter FB page(my state Oregon doesn't have a separate State Chapter). What are next steps for me.
Post that message in the FB group along with info about what districts you can drive to. If no one gets back to, start PMing the Admins of your FB group.

If still you get no response, post here and shame us publicly. You should either be given direction or be given a good reason to be inactive.

Thanks for stepping up.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ketavanda is on a distinguished road

Thanks IV for all the hard work. I am really happy to see the visa bulletin with two dates. This is very positive for people who are in my situation (backlogged several years). This is a baby step and there is lot of things going to be achieved by IV. We will support all IV's initiative and stand together until our broken immigration system is fixed.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Apple came out with apple Wii and Apple surface today. Not much innovation.
I was expecting a lot more from these guys. But now I am stuck and will be forced to buy these and wait for them to come with more solid product innovation. I am also disappointed like you my friend rather than utter disappointed. Please help me look at this release by Apple positively.

That's ok we both will have our EB3 day under the sun soon. Let's keep trying together. 😀
I don't think there was an intent to innovate. I think all this is going on because of elections next year. Don't know the connection yet but certainly it is because of that.
If they had to innovate, there would have been signs to it.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
testman is on a distinguished road

Many thanks to the members of IV. You are really our voice. I am so proud of you. The immigration system wasted my career. I had an admission from top 10 MBA college in US, but couldn't start due to my H1 and pending I-140.

There have been many wasted careers due to such faulty immigration system, but all along we had only one hope - IV, speaking and standing for us.

I hope the future indians and chinese, coming to this country, won't have to suffer like we did and some of us still are.

Thank you, IV and Aman bhai!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BABUG is on a distinguished road
Default Cut of Date July 1 2011

Hi,
Does any one know why the cut off date was decided as July 1 2011,
Any one had a wild guess when the priority date may come to Mid 2013 for EB2 India,

Thanks

Old 09-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABUG View Post
Hi,
Does any one know why the cut off date was decided as July 1 2011,
Any one had a wild guess when the priority date may come to Mid 2013 for EB2 India,

Thanks
Unfortunately, I do not have the answer to your questions. I just wanted to thank you for your HR.213 efforts with Roskam's office in IL.

If it is any consolation, odds are by this time next year, you will either be enjoying I-140 EAD+AP or early AoS, so please view this as a temporary delay.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Unfortunately, I do not have the answer to your questions. I just wanted to thank you for your HR.213 efforts with Roskam's office in IL.

If it is any consolation, odds are by this time next year, you will either be enjoying I-140 EAD+AP or early AoS, so please view this as a temporary delay.
Thanks Hil for relentlessly helping EB community .

Some quick question if you can shed some light -

a) Is the Acceptance Date expected to advance monthly or is it a one time phenomena ?

b) Is AD something that is temporay in nature upto Agency's discretion that they can even stop it if they decided to ?

c) Also, can there be retrogression in Acceptance Date and instead of things moving forward it may go backwards ( like traditional PD ) ?

No worries if you cant answer all - This new concept of Acceptance is very new and trying to understand a bit.

Btw, I am not benefited yet ( missed it by 5 months ) but very happy for other who could - but am positive that life wont be so cruel anymore in coming days

Old 09-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Or GC for all of us. Don't forget HR213.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abhayjo will become famous soon enough abhayjo will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Congratulations !

Congratulations to IV for the on big success and thanks each and every volunteer for their time & effort.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rahdirs is on a distinguished road
Default Travel

First of all a very big kudos to the entire team at IV for all their efforts!! Thank you...

Question: I missed the PD by a month and I hope it will be up in the next bulletin which becomes effective Nov 1st. I Have plans to travel to India from the mid of Nov to mid Dec. Is is advisable to travel after applying? Would it be considered as abandoned?

Old 09-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all
Default ThankYou ImmigrationVoice, friends lets get HR213 also done

Thank You immigration voice leaders and overall all the selfless volunteers. IV Leadership decision in March 2014 to tap avenues in EO shows how farsighted Aman & Team is and with that decision and the later follow-up advocacy and numerous meeting with White House and DHS, eventually EO fixes made good inroads with just IV provisions when others were making tall promises. This is ours and its a great recognition for IV efforts. I am sure years to come, IV EO specific efforts is going to help everyone in backlog along with this fix and the other fixes which are expected to follow.

Glad to convey that I have got over 12 calls from today afternoon from various friends in different state thanking Immigration Voice Efforts and the recent effective communication they received from IV FaceBook Q&As post.

11 years in US and near to 5 yeast of wait, I definitely benefit from this BUT what I cherish more than this is what I learned and acquired from Immigration Voice in last 4 years being part of CT and now a PA Volunteer. This has been a long just a journey and I will continue to put the same efforts in future as well till we achieve the goal of getting fair treatment for all aspiring high skilled legal immigrants.

I urge all who are sitting in side benches to work on grassroots level initiatives and make real change and get the remaining items lobbied by IV like AoS without being Current, I140 EAD+AP, Job Mobility provisions.
Not to forget these EO are temporary relief, we need GC for that HR213 is only option.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bigapple11 is on a distinguished road
Default Kudos to IV

A big kudos to IV team and congratulations to all the members who benefited from the Oct 2015 VB.

Personally I was a bit dejected to see that EB3 acceptance date not moving forward. I was under the impression that anyone who has an approved I-140 would be able to file for an AOS, at least thats what to my assumption was one of the admin fixes. In any case, a lot of my friends have benefited and I'm very happy for them.

My EB3 PD is Sept 2009 and I have another labor in process in EB2 (Same employer) that got submitted in August 2015. Considering EB3 acceptance dates move forward to Sept 2009 in the coming months - need some guidance if I should file for AOS in EB3 or just wait for the EB2 labor to get approved and file for a I-140 under EB2 to get the Sept 2009 PD and file for the subsequent AOS under EB2 ( I know this is confusing but I'm hoping someone is in the similar boat).

Thank You.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
InLineForGC is on a distinguished road
Default Congratulations and thanks !!

Congratulations to everyone on this great achievement !!

It takes a lot (list goes on and on) to get things by a country's administration and it means a lot to shake up and wake up the administration of the so called most powerful country in the world. Awesome feat by all the IV members !! You must be proud of yourself !! We are

THANK YOU ALL !!

Old 09-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigapple11 View Post
A big kudos to IV team and congratulations to all the members who benefited from the Oct 2015 VB.

Personally I was a bit dejected to see that EB3 acceptance date not moving forward. I was under the impression that anyone who has an approved I-140 would be able to file for an AOS, at least thats what to my assumption was one of the admin fixes. In any case, a lot of my friends have benefited and I'm very happy for them.
I think you are talking about early AoS, which we hope is what will emerge out of the Rule Making process - which will take some time (months not years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigapple11 View Post
My EB3 PD is Sept 2009 and I have another labor in process in EB2 (Same employer) that got submitted in August 2015. Considering EB3 acceptance dates move forward to Sept 2009 in the coming months - need some guidance if I should file for AOS in EB3 or just wait for the EB2 labor to get approved and file for a I-140 under EB2 to get the Sept 2009 PD and file for the subsequent AOS under EB2 ( I know this is confusing but I'm hoping someone is in the similar boat).

Thank You.
Not a lawyer, and one of the uses lawyers have in the current system is they can answer questions like these.

That said, if I were you I would file for AoS as soon as possible. If EB3 dates move before your EB2 labor is approved, and your attorney says you can file for AoS under EB3, you should file for AoS.