Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice

Tell the lawyer thanks but no thanks and send the medicals. As Pappu suggested there is no harm and it will give you peace of mind. You never know the person who is doing the initial checks. Why to take unnecessary chances.

On the side note: Thanks to IV that we are getting back in control of our careers from GC standpoint. We all should pitch in at least $200 each who is filling on Oct 1 and donate to IV. I will be doing the same.

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=72&Itemid=52
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green06 View Post
Tell the lawyer thanks but no thanks and send the medicals. As Pappu suggested there is no harm and it will give you peace of mind. You never know the person who is doing the initial checks. Why to take unnecessary chances.

On the side note: Thanks to IV that we are getting back in control of our careers from GC standpoint. We all should pitch in at least $200 each who is filling on Oct 1 and donate to IV. I will be doing the same.
You sound an old timer - way before my time.

You might want to update your signature to point to ImmigrationVoice.org - Immigration Voice State Chapters.

Thank you so much for your suggestion regarding the donation.

Regarding the attorney's advice to explicitly disregard the instructions on the I-485 and not send in the medicals - the less said the better. I didn't think my view of immigration attorney's could sink any further.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-15-2015, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice

I am from 2005-06 Batch of IV . I have updated the signature.

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=72&Itemid=52

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

A "big" lawyer firm with a desi name sent me an invoice today of $4000 plus AOS fees for me and my wife.

Then they are going to ask me to hold on to the medicals, so that they can ask for another round of $$ for representing me to answer the RFE.

And the process will go on and on and on

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green06 View Post
I am from 2005-06 Batch of IV . I have updated the signature.
Good to see you around.

People don't realize the that IV is a formidable machine. We have been around since ~2005 - you probably are one of the first members.

People still think that we are just another forum and compare us unfavorably to other - more "slick" & "modern" forums whose business model it is to exploit their users. Our forum is the least important thing we do and it should remain that way.

On an a year like this when we are pushing a bill like HR.213 we do 700-800 meetings a year on the Hill, 100's of district meetings (hard to count those) & because of the EO, we have done more than a dozen WH meetings.

The depth of experience people like you bring the the table, the number of active volunteers and the organizing power of IV means that we move the needle much more than AILA or any other high-skilled lobbying group.

But that doesn't stop people from looking at lawyers like Gods and slavishly asking them to put in a good word for the backlogged when they lobby - which they rarely do for obvious reasons - and EVEN if they do, it takes a LOT LOT more than a good word - as any active volunteer will attest to. Just like we saw with the EO, when per-country gets done, there will be no shortage of people claiming credit for it, but those of us that did the work (and hopefully smart observers like you - Dear Reader) will know otherwise.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
A "big" lawyer firm with a desi name sent me an invoice today of $4000 plus AOS fees for me and my wife.

Then they are going to ask me to hold on to the medicals, so that they can ask for another round of $$ for representing me to answer the RFE.

And the process will go on and on and on
I am definitely sending my medicals.

BTW, are you not self-filing? Why are you playing with lawyer's emotions?

Old 09-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Just checking if their bongs are still filled with the correct stuff that they usually smoke . everything is fine so far

Old 09-16-2015, 04:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BuildingDave is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear it is resolved. I hope all is well.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Again this is a temporary relief. Thanks to IV for achieving this. It seems the acceptance dates will not move until next year and they are just building inventory. I missed by 1 month and 17 days. Looks like I am stuck in same old job with 1.3 % hike and no career growth , lot of responsibilities but no pay.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold
Default Any answers yet?

Does anybody from IV know or recommend this answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchungry View Post
While filling personal information in i-693 form for my wife, should I enter her Alien A# number from her current employer's I140 approval notice; even if she is applying as my dependent?

If answer is yes, will it invalidate her I-140?

Old 09-16-2015, 09:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
Again this is a temporary relief. Thanks to IV for achieving this. It seems the acceptance dates will not move until next year and they are just building inventory. I missed by 1 month and 17 days. Looks like I am stuck in same old job with 1.3 % hike and no career growth , lot of responsibilities but no pay.
Is there any insider information that you got that makes you think so ?

You maybe right though

Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_vus123 View Post
Is there any insider information that you got that makes you think so ?

You maybe right though
Greg Siskind tweeted about this.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
Greg Siskind tweeted about this.
Interesting that he gets to talk to CO and administration ( or atleast he claims to exhibit ) - If so , wonder why he never championed the cause for backlogged EB community if he has such reach . He keeps throwing tantrum that he wrote blogs and online materials but really what did he do that influenced the administration or agencies - nothing ?

Old 09-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I am not directly or indirectly implying anything about VB movements, however I would like to caution you against reading too much into CO's comments to AILA. Its not like he told them anything about the VB change

My advice to all is to stop speculating about things you cannot control and instead direct your energy towards things you can control like HR.213 - THE most viewed bill in congress since introduction.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
I am not directly or indirectly implying anything about VB movements, however I would like to caution you against reading too much into CO's comments to AILA. Its not like he told them anything about the VB change
Did CO close by saying? --> "I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Just kidding.