Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2015, 01:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
magnetic is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Thank you. We are always looking for members to come up with ideas to help and step up to lead it. Could you please source a team on this and other forums and execute it for IV. Let us know what help you need from us. We are all volunteers like yourself and together we can pool our skills and make magic.
Looks like the Youtube channel in your signature has a lot of good videos too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/immivoiceVideos

Youtube videos are easy to consume. This one is good though it covers the efforts only till a couple of years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBkDZ1RqmLM

However it does gets the point across. I will attempt to attend the upcoming advocacy event for garnering support for HR213.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Filing I-485 for H4 dependent spouse

Hi,
I already filed my I-485 during July/Aug 2007 and waiting to add my wife who is presently on H4 status to my pending application. I have few questions below regarding filing her I-485

-I have all supporting docs and I-693 Medical but not clear on list of documents of principal applicant that need to be included along with her I-485?
-Affidavit of Birth is in English language but her mom's signature is in local language. Is this ok or do i need certificate of translation? I used the same for her H4-EAD and didn't have any issues but not sure about I-485.
-Do i also need to complete and file I-864 affidavit of support along with her I-485, EAD/AP application?
-Is latest I-485 form on USCIS web page still valid as it says expires on 06/30/2015?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions as it is time-sensitive.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold
Default Admin please suggest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulute View Post
The I-485 forms shows it expires on 06/30/15. (OMB No.1615-0023; Expires 06/30/15)
_http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485.pdf

Is it still valid to use?
Heard rumor that USCIS is forcing DOS to re issue Oct Visa bulletin with much earler filing date than 1-JUL-2011. Admin, kindly suggest if we can run any campaign against this (Social Media Campaign, email campaign) to USCIS before it is too late.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Uscis done processing 485 for year 2015

USCIS Suspends Final Adjudication of Employment-Based Adjustment Applications for the Remainder of FY 2015 | USCIS

Old 09-25-2015, 01:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I should have been more careful with my choice of words, "advocacy" especially. I understand that DC advocacy is going to require a fair bit of experience. I indeed meant that I would try to get involved with the state chapters and start contributing with time and in other ways.

Quote:
The public advocacy day in DC is still far out. We do have smaller advocacy meetings in DC every week or so. But we invite only experienced members who have attended previous advocacy days and are fully trained.

This is what you and others who do not have advocacy day experience can do:
- Join your state chapter and be active. If something is not happening, make it happen like a leader and others will follow you.
- Volunteer your time and skill.
- You had a you tube idea. So go ahead and produce one. Make a home video where you can talk to the camera and speak about your greencard experience, what we do and urge people to join IV movement. When people see tens of such videos more people will get inspired. I do not like the powerpoint slides converted to videos. That is boring. Speak to the camera and communicate. That will be more effective. You can at least start with this small idea before you work on the big 'commercial' idea. Others can also do that.
When such a video is made, IV will also post it on IV facebook and twitter and they will be shared a lot. This is a better idea of publicity and does not involve any cost. Immigrants will easily relate to other immigrants on the video when they see them speaking.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

This particular link only talks about suspension of about a week until the next "fiscal year" starting on October 1st.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchungry View Post
Heard rumor that USCIS is forcing DOS to re issue Oct Visa bulletin with much earler filing date than 1-JUL-2011. Admin, kindly suggest if we can run any campaign against this (Social Media Campaign, email campaign) to USCIS before it is too late.
Let's wait and don't do anything stupid this is not even confirmed. Lawyers and companies are in panic mode. Lawyers are using Twitter as a tool for rumors to stop this. My company a billion dollar Company is asking people to sign a contract of 4 years or pay fees for i140 and i485 if we leave before 4 years and they are asking us to sign it now!!! we are waiting for i485 budget approval and they are forcing us to do it. Don't fall for this lawyer bullshit and don't be gullible like the people on Twitter.They think lawsuits might stop it and they lawyer in California is fueling this even more.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

By law itself employee is required to stay 6 months after filing I485. That is more than enough. 4 years is too much. But most will sign the contract to not have a problem with filing I485 and also if the amount in the contract is equivalent to I485 fees as that may run up to 5to 7k. But if they do not specify the amount in the contract companies could demand more money at the time when employee leaves if he signs the contract.Fighting as single person could be difficult but as a group is easier.

Quote:
This angers me.

I really wonder why people do not like to raise voice against such practices. A person waits for a decade in a company not being able to take promotions or raise. When suddenly after a long wait he can file I485, an unfair contract is slapped on him to serve the employer for another X years with a threat of lawsuit and financial penalty.

Is that fair?

I really sometimes wonder why people waste time in tracking, predictions and not being active on IV. Why do they even spend a minute on other forums when they can do so much here by protesting, advocating changes , meeting people who matter and getting things done. Why does everyone thinks that a small handful number of people can be outsourced a job of fixing this issue for a million people who like to party instead.

Beats me!

Old 09-25-2015, 08:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
By law itself employee is required to stay 6 months after filing I485. That is more than enough. 4 years is too much. But most will sign the contract to not have a problem with filing I485 and also if the amount in the contract is equivalent to I485 fees as that may run up to 5to 7k. But if they do not specify the amount in the contract companies could demand more money at the time when employee leaves if he signs the contract.Fighting as single person could be difficult but as a group is easier.
These contarcts are not even legal. I dont think they can enforce it. But I am going to ask a counter question why my green processing is delayed. I joined the company in 2008 and they applied in 2011. Thats three years of lost priority date for me. Even if they take me to the court I would like them answer that.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

The payback agreements are real and widespread, I think. I signed two of these suckers, so now I sign these contracts with my eyes closed. As we all know the game is rigged by the employers and lawyers with idea of solving employee retention problems among others. In my opinion, that is one of the main reasons the system works the way it does.

Bottom line - sign the contracts and if you find a better job, fly away. Ask the new company to handle the issue or just don't pay.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ng2013 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
The payback agreements are real and widespread, I think. I signed two of these suckers, so now I sign these contracts with my eyes closed. As we all know the game is rigged by the employers and lawyers with idea of solving employee retention problems among others. In my opinion, that is one of the main reasons the system works the way it does.

Bottom line - sign the contracts and if you find a better job, fly away. Ask the new company to handle the issue or just don't pay.
They do try to enforce these contracts. My previous company (not a body shopper but a fortune 100 company) had a a clause in the offer letter when I was sent to US. Basically they have a notice period of 3 month else I pay 5K .

Old 09-25-2015, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2013 View Post
They do try to enforce these contracts. My previous company (not a body shopper but a fortune 100 company) had a a clause in the offer letter when I was sent to US. Basically they have a notice period of 3 month else I pay 5K .
I meant to say, in the grand scheme of things, these $5-10K are nothing as long as you are in a good place in your GC process. It could mean that you did not get a raise when you changed jobs for 1-2 years (if you had to pay). Some employers provide sign-on bonus too. To be fair, I have also heard of payback agreement that US citizens have to sign if the company paid for relocation. Incentives work for both parties!

Old 09-25-2015, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa Bulletin For October 2015 CHANGED

Visa Bulletin For October 2015

EB2 India DATES FOR FILING OF EMPLOYMENT-BASED
VISA APPLICATIONS is 01JUL09.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrmarrivada9 View Post
Visa Bulletin For October 2015

EB2 India DATES FOR FILING OF EMPLOYMENT-BASED
VISA APPLICATIONS is 01JUL09.
This is ridiculous. What's the precedence for such things?

Old 09-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
Let's wait and don't do anything stupid this is not even confirmed. Lawyers and companies are in panic mode. Lawyers are using Twitter as a tool for rumors to stop this. My company a billion dollar Company is asking people to sign a contract of 4 years or pay fees for i140 and i485 if we leave before 4 years and they are asking us to sign it now!!! we are waiting for i485 budget approval and they are forcing us to do it. Don't fall for this lawyer bullshit and don't be gullible like the people on Twitter.They think lawsuits might stop it and they lawyer in California is fueling this even more.
It's true now. Oct bulletin is revised now

http://travel.state.gov/content/visa...ober-2015.html

Thanks