Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2015, 09:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

It is very important that we get people from VT. You are from VT or know anyone from VT please do whatever it takes to be at the event or prod your friend into joining the event.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mpk1978 is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

After sitting on the sidelines for almost a year, I am really keen on coming out and supporting the fantastic efforts of IV members/volunteers. I am very much interested in attending the advocacy in DC next month. However, given that I have a young family, I am not sure I will be able to show up for sure. Is it of to register for the event now and de-register if things do not work out on the family front close to the event date? Is there another event planned in the near future?

Old 05-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk1978 View Post
Hello All,

After sitting on the sidelines for almost a year, I am really keen on coming out and supporting the fantastic efforts of IV members/volunteers. I am very much interested in attending the advocacy in DC next month. However, given that I have a young family, I am not sure I will be able to show up for sure. Is it of to register for the event now and de-register if things do not work out on the family front close to the event date? Is there another event planned in the near future?
Thank you for stepping forward.

Please keep in mind that we are planning north of 400 meetings which requires us to do a lot of planning.

If you are serious about attending and will only cancel in an absolute emergency, please go ahead and register.

Look forward to seeing you in DC.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk1978 View Post
Is there another event planned in the near future?
We have no plans for another event in the near (or distant) future at this time.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:11 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Sen. Ron Johnson To Discuss High-Skilled Immigration Reform With National Journal LIVE - NationalJournal.com

Old 05-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IMNotACommonMan is on a distinguished road
Default Sen Johnson

Rupen\Admins, Is IV panning to join in the discussion, as panel or as member audience? I am afraid this discussion will be narrowed down to H1B and we, folks in the backlog will be left out of the discussion as always. Please opine.

A Legal Immigrant,
IMNotACommonMan

Old 05-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMNotACommonMan View Post
Rupen\Admins, Is IV panning to join in the discussion, as panel or as member audience? I am afraid this discussion will be narrowed down to H1B and we, folks in the backlog will be left out of the discussion as always. Please opine.

A Legal Immigrant,
IMNotACommonMan
Yes, IV is going to attend it

Old 05-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crackjack9 is on a distinguished road
Default DC event travel plans

I am coming to DC event and need to plan my travel.

Q to those who are planning to come to the event and other IV veterans:
Are you guys planning to reach on Sunday morning or Saturday night?
What time does the orientation on Sunday start ?
Is there any activity on google groups yet. I have accepted the invite to join but have not seen any correspondence.

Looking forward to see you all, contribute and do my part..

Old 05-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackjack9 View Post

Is there any activity on google groups yet. I have accepted the invite to join but have not seen any correspondence.

Unless your journey is short, try to be there by Sat night. We like to start 10-11AM on Sunday and its good to have fresh, well rested people.

No activity on the groups yet.

Look forward to seeing you too.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

First of all thanks for deciding to come. It will be a great b experience. Most people come on Sunday however you can come on Saturday evening if you are getting better flight deal or if you are local in which case you can help set up things for next day. You will soon start seeing communication on google group. Do not worry, you will get all required information

Old 05-29-2015, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Ok. I will try booking my tickets on Megabus from Pittsburgh PA to arrive late Saturday night then. The morning bus does not come in till 1 PM Sunday.

The bus arrival will be in Union Station. Do you know the location of the hotel (rooms blocked by IV) yet? You can PM me if that info is not meant for public or for some other reasons. Thank you guys..

Old 05-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Ok. I will try booking my tickets on Megabus from Pittsburgh PA to arrive late Saturday night then. The morning bus does not come in till 1 PM Sunday.

The bus arrival will be in Union Station. Do you know the location of the hotel (rooms blocked by IV) yet? You can PM me if that info is not meant for public or for some other reasons. Thank you guys..
It would be better if you come on Saturday instead in that case. Hotel info will be provided on the google group created.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
It would be better if you come on Saturday instead in that case. Hotel info will be provided on the google group created.
Sure. Booked my tickets. See you there..

Old 06-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

US should create special H-1B STEM visas, reform EB-5 visas, issue more Green Cards annually - The American Bazaar

Old 06-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

We are closing registration at 4PM EST tomorrow.

This is your last chance to sign up for a once in a lifetime experience for you to fight for your rights.

If you are on the fence, now is the time to commit.