Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2015, 08:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default Important message to the twitterati

I-140 EAD has become a bit of a catch-phrase for what we want out of President Obama's executive order.

However I-140 EAD isn't the only thing we are asking for. Among other things we are asking for is Advanced Parole (AP) and early filing of AoS.

Several people have taken it upon themselves to tweet for I-140EAD.

As an organization we frown upon tweeting without proper co-ordination for several reasons that we will not rehash at this time. However, the reason that concerns us today is it dilutes our message to the point that our message is loosing important content.

In this case tweeting about I-140 EAD and NOT mentioning AP is causing our volunteers working behind the scenes with the Administration to go the extra mile to make sure that AP does not get left out. There is a more than insignificant chance that we could end up with I-140 EAD and no AP.

So, if you MUST disregard our request to not tweet and if you MUST tweet, then please be. SURE to mention AP in any tweet that mentions I-140EAD. In fact you should mention AP in EVERY public communication about I-140 EAD.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamps is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Stupid is as Stupid Does

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
I-140 EAD has become a bit of a catch-phrase for what we want out of President Obama's executive order.

However I-140 EAD isn't the only thing we are asking for. Among other things we are asking for is Advanced Parole (AP) and early filing of AoS.

As an organization we frown upon tweeting without proper co-ordination for several reasons that we will not rehash at this time. However, the reason that concerns us today is it dilutes our message to the point that our message is loosing important content.

In this case tweeting about I-140 EAD and NOT mentioning AP is causing our volunteers working behind the scenes with the Administration to go the extra mile to make sure that AP does not get left out. There is a more than insignificant chance that we could end up with I-140 EAD and no AP.

So, if you MUST disregard our request to not tweet and if you MUST tweet, then please be. SURE to mention AP in any tweet that mentions I-140EAD. In fact you should mention AP in EVERY public communication about I-140 EAD.
I strongly agree with this statement.

If our immigrant community is unaware of how things play out, then they should volunteer and join an advocacy event to learn about the truth. Tweeting only I140 EAD is like sitting on a branch and cutting yourself off, when you can instead be getting I140 Adjustment of Status + EAD + AP. If the Administration only sees that we are asking for I140 EAD, then they will only give us that and wash their hands off the problem. Its time our folks learn the true ugly nature of politics and get involved in fighting for their own cause and most importantly learn to listen to Immigration Voice who is fighting day and night behind the scenes for our cause.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

This is a very disturbing news.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Exclamation Facebook

Admin should post this on Facebook, because intelligence levels of these idiots dont go beyond the social media.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

As a matter of fact, I would say IV should consider providing a template to tweet or post on their social media platforms so these guys have something meaningful to do.

Because the number of these folks is now considerable, why not play it safe with them.

LOL. IV will then have its own 'Twitter Force'.
Quote:

Old 05-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Good post!

What about the folks on lawyer forum ? You know which one I am taking about. The one that has the most exciting discussion on anything immigration ).

I just read the entertainment there.

The senior members there have achieved the following:
1) Stopped EB3 to EB2 porting or put a cap on it
2) Reinterpreted spillover language
3) Banned illegal immigration
4) Had their own ruling of the DAPA case
5) Are currently working secretly to make the “2Rs” happen
6) Above all, redefine how U.S. politics works
7) Are almost ready to vote for the 2016 Presidential race (of wait they don’t have green cards yet)

In achieving the above, the poor lawyer with good intention has probably losing his mind I think.

If you are one of those senior members, please use the phrase “EAD and AP for I-140” or “I-140 EAD/AP”.

Pun intended. Excuse the exaggeration!

Old 05-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
As a matter of fact, I would say IV should consider providing a template to tweet or post on their social media platforms so these guys have something meaningful to do.

Because the number of these folks is now considerable, why not play it safe with them.

LOL. IV will then have its own 'Twitter Force'.
Working on this.

We would rather not have to do this.

We would rather people expend any energy they have towards things that will actually make a difference like:

1. Attending the advocacy day event this June 14th-16th in DC. If this is the first you are hearing of this, you can register at ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy Event Registration Form
2. VISIT their Republican congressmans office, ask for HR.213 CO-SPONSORSHIP and followup RELENTLESSLY - until you get a yes/no answer.
3. Stay tuned for IV action Items and follow them as they come out. Such action items are usually carefully crafted to pressure specific people into reacting predictably our agenda.
4. Start a monthy donation to IV at a level they are comfortable with at Immigration Voice - PayPal Donate

Our main concern with tweeting, is instead of doing points 1-4, which will have positive impact, folks will just tweet and think they have done their part.

Unfortunately, as we have come to realize, instead of helping, the twitterati is actively hurting our cause - quite severely.

This is the second instance of self-destructive behavior in our community we have observed in the recent past. The first one was when folks were emailing the USCIS telling them that any delay in job portability after the I-140 EAD + AP was acceptable - inspite of there being no statutory requirement for said delay. If we end up with any delay in job portability with the I-140 EAD + AP, you now know who to thank for it.

Similarly, if we end up with I-140 EAD and no AP, you will know who to thank for it.

To me there are two tragedies here: First there is the obvious one mentioned above. The second is instead of focusing on pushing for change on both the EO and legislative front, our volunteers are having to spend time doing fire-fighting on fires that we are setting to our own house.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Good post!

What about the folks on lawyer forum ? You know which one I am taking about. The one that has the most exciting discussion on anything immigration ).

I just read the entertainment there.

The senior members there have achieved the following:
1) Stopped EB3 to EB2 porting or put a cap on it
2) Reinterpreted spillover language
3) Banned illegal immigration
4) Had their own ruling of the DAPA case
5) Are currently working secretly to make the “2Rs” happen
6) Above all, redefine how U.S. politics works
7) Are almost ready to vote for the 2016 Presidential race (of wait they don’t have green cards yet)

In achieving the above, the poor lawyer with good intention has probably losing his mind I think.

If you are one of those senior members, please use the phrase “EAD and AP for I-140” or “I-140 EAD/AP”.

Pun intended. Excuse the exaggeration!
Some of them have already made Santorum the next President.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uhsarp is on a distinguished road

The sponsor of bill HR213 Rep. Jason Chaffetz represents the district I live in. Is there anything I can do to help?

Old 05-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hello Twitterati,

We have decided upon #fileI485 as the twitter hashtag we want to use going forward. It would be very helpful if we all stayed on the same message.

Below please find attached sample clickable tweets for you to use. Please note that, space allowing we have referenced our twitter handle - @immivoice. While you are free to remove any reference to @immivoice, we ask that you do not since referencing @immivoice strengthens our negotiating position with the administration. As the only group out there with your best interests in mind, we trust you will comply with our request. We also ask any other tweets you send out about this reference our twitter handle.

To use the tweets, you will have to be signed into your twitter account and click on the links. The content has been crafted very carefully, so we urge you to leave it unchanged.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iv_clickable_tweets.pdf (134.9 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by The Alchemist; 05-29-2015 at 05:24 PM.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Facebook and Twitter

Very important that this is also posted on FB and Twitter.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Kids, get your freak on and tweet as advised.

Quote:
Hello Twitterati,

We have decided upon #file485 as the twitter hashtag we want to use going forward. It would be very helpful if we all stayed on the same message.

Below please find attached sample clickable tweets for you to use. Please note that, space allowing we have referenced our twitter handle - @immivoice. While you are free to remove any reference to @immivoice, we ask that you do not since referencing @immivoice strengthens our negotiating position with the administration. As the only group out there with your best interests in mind, we trust you will comply with our request. We also ask any other tweets you send out about this reference our twitter handle.

To use the tweets, you will have to be signed into your twitter account and click on the links. The content has been crafted very carefully, so we urge you to leave it unchanged.

Thank you.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhsarp View Post
The sponsor of bill HR213 Rep. Jason Chaffetz represents the district I live in. Is there anything I can do to help?
Well, below are the general guidelines:

Quote:
1. Attending the advocacy day event this June 14th-16th in DC. If this is the first you are hearing of this, you can register at ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy Event Registration Form
2. VISIT their Republican congressmans office, ask for HR.213 CO-SPONSORSHIP and followup RELENTLESSLY - until you get a yes/no answer.
3. Stay tuned for IV action Items and follow them as they come out. Such action items are usually carefully crafted to pressure specific people into reacting predictably our agenda.
4. Start a monthy donation to IV at a level they are comfortable with at Immigration Voice - PayPal Donate

In your case #2 does not apply. You could instead go visit a neighboring district. We have a guy in one of the NE states who made it his business to visit every single R in his state to get co-sponsorship. There is no rule that says you HAVE to meet reps in your own state.

For the same reason, we would love to have you in DC if you can come.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
There is no rule that says you HAVE to meet reps in your own state.
Oops, meant: There is no rule that says you HAVE to meet reps in your own district, but it applies to your state too. As a lobbyist & advocate, you talk to any one who can make a difference.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

Hil, can you please add @POTUS if space permits
Quote:
Hello Twitterati,

We have decided upon #file485 as the twitter hashtag we want to use going forward. It would be very helpful if we all stayed on the same message.

Thank you.