Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should we sign some of the frivolous petitions created on change.org

Should we sign this change.org petition? I know the answer but it will help if it comes from IV

https://www.change.org/p/leon-barack...-modernization

Cheers
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Should we sign this change.org petition? I know the answer but it will help if it comes from IV

https://www.change.org/p/leon-barack...-modernization

Cheers
This petition (and all such petitions) is not only complete waste of time, but it severely hurts to make real progress. People tend to have a false belief that by clicking on a button to support such online petitions that they have done their share and everything that they could do is take care. The fact is - neither of this is true. No one who makes decisions looks at online petitions to determine what should or shouldn't be done. And second, people waiting for years in green card backlogs will need to get involved and speak to lawmakers and Administration if they want to see these issues addressed. More people need to step up and do their share if they ever expect anything to happen. If not, then it just means people in backlogs don't care if they have to wait for years or decades, and so system will not have enough energy to change by itself.

If anything achievable through online petitions, then rather than hiring lobbyist, companies would have created separate departments or outsourced entire operations to click online petitions to support or oppose their agenda. The fact that not a single business or any advocacy organization has invested to generate clicks for online petitions, it speaks volume about the value of such petitions.

Please don't waste your time on such petitions. Invest your time wisely because if anything, we all have limited time on this planet. And you may want to choose wisely how you spend your time.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

It is mind numbing that in one day alone 250 people have signed the petition. The idiot SIVAKUMAR SUBRAMANIAM Irving, TX ( I highly doubt if it is a real name) may have just created a fake email ID and started a petition. Then with fake ids everyone else is signing after reading fake posts on forums posted by fake unknown ids.

Its all so convenient.

I wonder why only 115 people out of 1 million are coming for advocacy day.

..... And these 1 million people complain all the time on forums about things not happening. Strange isn't it?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
People might be falling for Click the Button Advocacy ......
Many people 'live in some sort of guilt' and don't want to 'come in open and admit about immigration problems'.

Coming to Advocacy event needs courage and conviction while fake handles on forums give them some outlet to express their feelings.
Signing of the Online petition gives them false satisfaction of doing something.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
It is mind numbing that in one day alone 250 people have signed the petition. The idiot SIVAKUMAR SUBRAMANIAM Irving, TX ( I highly doubt if it is a real name) may have just created a fake email ID and started a petition. Then with fake ids everyone else is signing after reading fake posts on forums posted by fake unknown ids.

Its all so convenient.

..... And these 1 million people complain all the time on forums about things not happening. Strange isn't it?
He is a real individual. See IV's Facebook post. He is impatient that IV is not coming up with an action item (duh!), so he started his own.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Well, let us give this gentleman credit for stepping forward with what looks like a real FB profile.

Hopefully he will get the message that petitions are useless and counterproductive. If he wants change he can either follow an IV action item like meeting with his congressman for pushing HR.213 or starting a "real world" initiative of his own.

This petition signing business is counterproductive.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I guess most (Indian) people are not comfortable to maintain conversation in English, and that too with a white man with lots of power (aka sahib/malik) , a primary reason for preferring to be an armchair activist (which is counter productive).

Old 06-11-2015, 09:07 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
He is a real individual. See IV's Facebook post. He is impatient that IV is not coming up with an action item (duh!), so he started his own.
Is'nt signing up for advocacy day an action item. If not coming then donate at very least.

It is funny that he says he is confident no bill will pass.So he wants EO. And to do EO we should sign a petition and tweet. It costs nothing. That is really a very profound thing to say. He is smarter than rest of us and even the entire US population.

Let me interpret him more clearly in simple words that mortals can understand:

* He thinks democracy is BS. There is no need for a system where people elect their representatives and make laws. . Just have a head of state passing EOs.

* Since no law will pass, the whole system of lobbying the elected representatives is useless. There is a billion dollar industry of lobbyists. Why do we have it anyways? Just get EO passed by signing a petition.

* So now basically every company in the world, every country in the world, every organization in the world that lobbies need to take a deep breath, listen to this guy and STOP IT. Just sign a damn online petition and fart a tweet while you are signing a petition. You will be all set. Just imagine the amount of money you will save if there is no lobbying in the world.

* There are lot of problems in the world. Poverty, hunger, country disputes etc. In USA too there are lot of problems. In towns too there are lot of problems. Like increased crime or maybe school system need attention etc. For all these problems lets have an EO and not bother about damn bills. Just sign a petition and voila you can get an EO in no time, faster than Maggi.

* Overall I think what this guy said makes a lot of sense. We need to recognize such brilliant mind among us. He is truly best and the brightest. We are just dull people who cannot see writing on the wall that bill will not pass. It is high time someone recognize this talent in this person and nominate him for Nobel prize. If his idea is implemented we can have a petition for every problem in the world and just get an EO passed to solve it by signing an online petition and tweet. No need for UNO, governments, negotiations, treaties, laws, etc.

Wow I never knew we had such a brilliant mind among us!

Old 06-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

These two are not the same people though. Sivakumar, the guy who posted the petition, has seen the opportunity to change and has agreed to visit his lawmakers for supporting HR213. I applaud his sincerity and courage.

I have no words left for the other one.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.