Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Do your share: Important Advocacy Day Action Item (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096306-do-your-share-important-advocacy-day-action-item.html)

sengs 07-27-2015 11:44 AM

Attention IL residents (Chicago & Chicagoland)

Chicago - U.S. Rep. Danny K. Davis (D-7th District) 7th Congressional District Town Hall

Meeting on Thursday, August 6, 2015 - 7:00pm

The meeting will be in -

Council Chamber of Village Hall,
123 Madison St.

For more information,
call 708.345.6857.

BABUG 07-27-2015 12:43 PM

Sengs

Do we have a active IV team in Chicago Land ?
Its almost impossible to me drive there after work, Its almost an hour and half drive during traffic hours.

BABUG 07-27-2015 12:52 PM

sengs

How about Req Congress woman Tommy Duckworth IL8? for co sponsering HR 213.

rj16 07-30-2015 11:35 AM

New member from NJ

I'm a new member from NJ. Willing to help out as needed. Is there a priority about which rep. to contact?

sengs 07-30-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj16 (Post 3588930)
I'm a new member from NJ. Willing to help out as needed. Is there a priority about which rep. to contact?

Hi,
Pls join our NJ-NY team on FB and contact one of the administrators, they will connect with you immediately.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/IVStChapterNJNY/

IMNotACommonMan 07-30-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj16 (Post 3588930)
I'm a new member from NJi
. Willing to help out as needed. Is there a priority about which rep. to contact?

Please PM me your details.

xs2sharad 07-30-2015 03:07 PM

Chicago meeting address

Please send me more details for the 6th Aug meeting address etc..

BABUG: I have a 2 hours commute, my wife will pick the kid from day care and by the time I reach home my kid would be asleep. If you live even in the suburbs you can try.. I can not say u have too.. as everyone doing there part..

sengs 07-30-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xs2sharad (Post 3588941)
Please send me more details for the 6th Aug meeting address etc..

BABUG: I have a 2 hours commute, my wife will pick the kid from day care and by the time I reach home my kid would be asleep. If you live even in the suburbs you can try.. I can not say u have too.. as everyone doing there part..

I posted whatever information I had. You may get more information from Danny Davis' website.

Thanks for doing this.

BABUG 09-01-2015 05:07 PM

xs2sharad

Do you have any update from the meeting ?
I got a reply from Peter Roskam IL 6 office today
"The Congressman is working from his district office back home until Congress is back in session September 8th. Once he is back, I will be able to discuss HR 213 with him and see if he would like to cosponsor. Please do not worry I have your request on my list and will have an answer for you mid-September".

hil3182 09-05-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABUG (Post 3589508)
Do you have any update from the meeting ?
I got a reply from Peter Roskam IL 6 office today
"The Congressman is working from his district office back home until Congress is back in session September 8th. Once he is back, I will be able to discuss HR 213 with him and see if he would like to cosponsor. Please do not worry I have your request on my list and will have an answer for you mid-September".

Thank you for your dedication.

If you don't hear anything by 9/20, please send a followup email thanking your contact for their reply and asking them if they have gotten around to asking the Congressman for his sponsorship.

BABUG 09-23-2015 10:03 PM

Hil3182

I called the office of Peter Roskam IL 6 today and spoke with the person who looks into the immigration issues, Unfortunately she told that she could not get time to discuss about H.R 213 with Congressman. I told her that i will call again next week to check the status.