Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
hil3182,

I have sent you PM today.... sorry for the delay.
Thank you. Turns out we do have members in Atlanta - I will pass your info along.

Thanks for stepping forward.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BABUG is on a distinguished road

Sent a follow up email to the offices of Robert Dold IL10 and Peter Roskam IL6. Targeted this two offices and will follow up till i hear some thing from them.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

The short answer is, we will have enough co-sponsors when HR.213 gets a vote - so we need to keep the pressure on.
I live in Kansas and I have gathered other folks (H1B) here in Kansas for our cause. We will start calling Kansas representatives starting tomorrow and I have already made notes of all the points, how and whom to talk over the phone and follow up.

Admin, If you have a checklist, please pass it to us. Sorry I couldn't act fast due to my new job commitments but now I will step up for this cause.

Also, from my past experiences as a federal contractor I noticed that most statements and or decisions are shared before the long weekend. Can we expect anything good before this long weekend?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
I live in Kansas and I have gathered other folks (H1B) here in Kansas for our cause. We will start calling Kansas representatives starting tomorrow and I have already made notes of all the points, how and whom to talk over the phone and follow up.

Admin, If you have a checklist, please pass it to us. Sorry I couldn't act fast due to my new job commitments but now I will step up for this cause.

Also, from my past experiences as a federal contractor I noticed that most statements and or decisions are shared before the long weekend. Can we expect anything good before this long weekend?
Here is a simple script you can use when you call in. Please ask to speak to someone about Immigration policy - try to avoid leaving the message with the receptionist.
  • I am a resident of their [STATE_OF_YOUR_RESIDENCE].
  • If you are talking to someone (vs leaving a voicemail), tell them about the green-card backlog and how it affects you and your family's life.
  • Representatives of Immigration Voice visited your office in June to request the Representative to consider COSPONSOR bill H.R.213. I am calling from [STATE_OF_YOUR_RESIDENCE] to express my support and enforce the message requesting the Representative to give consideration for the request to COSPONSOR the bill.
  • HR.213 bill is a simple technical fix that addresses long backlogs spanning decades in Employment Based Green cards for tax paying law abiding skilled immigrants. The bill doesn’t add any new Immigrant visas to the system. The last time this bill came up for the vote in 2011 as H.R.3012 it passed 389-15.
  • HR.3012 was scored as being budged neutral by the CBO and even Numbers USA had no position on this bill.
  • If you are calling a Republican office mention that establishment Republicans like Rep Cathy McMorris Rogers - chairwoman of the House Republican conference has co-sponsored and on the other side, freedom caucus Reps like Raul Labrador has co-sponsored. Because of the broad consensus of this bill - there will be no backlash associated with co-sponsoring the bill.
  • If you are calling a Democratic office, mention that Zoe Lofgren, ranking member on the subcommittee on immigration has co-sponsored.
  • Since you are calling from KS, mention that Rep Lynn Jenkins has already co-sponsored.
  • I would like to be in touch and call back next week to inquire about Representative’s decision.
  • Thank You!

Please try to develop a relationship with the staffers you call and continue to follow up at-least once a week. If you are calling multiple offices, this will take some effort - each caller will have to keep track of who who they spoke to, when the call was made and when an appropriate time to follow up would be given the content of the call.

Also, if you can visit their district office and make the same pitch - it will be 10x more effective than a phone call. Similarly if you visit their DC office, it will be 100x more effective than a visit to the District office (which is why we do the lobby day events).

If you and your friends want to go visit the district office, PM me and I will give you a crash course in how to present the info and can send you some handouts.

Thank you for stepping forward. It is empowering to do something about your situation rather than uselessly gossiping on forums about the "2R's".

Old 07-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you for stepping forward. It is empowering to do something about your situation rather than uselessly gossiping on forums about the "2R's".
Yup!

Old 07-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:

If you and your friends want to go visit the district office, PM me and I will give you a crash course in how to present the info and can send you some handouts.
I will keep you updated. I will definitely visit the district office and also the DC office. I am visiting DC from July 23rd to 26th (I can move it to a week or 2 weeks from this date, if any one else is interested in joining me). I am all in.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
I will keep you updated. I will definitely visit the district office and also the DC office. I am visiting DC from July 23rd to 26th (I can move it to a week or 2 weeks from this date, if any one else is interested in joining me). I am all in.
I believe you will need to get appointment to meet with the DC offices. It is a little bit formal affair over there. I would suggest that you warm yourself with the local offices, and proceed from there. Thanks again for stepping up for the cause. We are all shareholders of the outcome.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ne9897 is on a distinguished road
Default Contribution

I am in TX and would like to contribute in whatever way I can. Here is a small donation to applaud your efforts IV and show my support in this uphill battle.
Confirmation:
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 4C081830GS9663152.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrovvidi is on a distinguished road

I am in WI and would like to contribute in whatever way I can.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road

There are 42 co-sponsors now to HR 213. Three were added yesterday.

Good job guys!!!

Old 07-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BABUG is on a distinguished road

Sent a follow up email to the offices of Robert Dold IL10 and Peter Roskam IL6.So far no response..I am following up with them from mid of june.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivmit is on a distinguished road
Default News regarding Executive Action

First of all, kudos to IV for all the work they are doing in supporting the immigrant community. I believe there was going to be a news release couple of months back that got delayed for some reason regarding the Executive action and how it may benefit the Immigrant community especially the EB backlogged one. Is there any update on that?

Thanks

Old 07-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivmit View Post
First of all, kudos to IV for all the work they are doing in supporting the immigrant community. I believe there was going to be a news release couple of months back that got delayed for some reason regarding the Executive action and how it may benefit the Immigrant community especially the EB backlogged one. Is there any update on that?

Thanks

Thanks you very much for the appreciation. Sorry, there is no update.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrovvidi View Post
I am in WI and would like to contribute in whatever way I can.
For those of you who want to help, look at "uhsarp" posts and responses in this thread (Major Announcement: Rep. Chaffetz introduced H.R.213 to eliminate per county limits)

The actions he took are a textbook example of the help what we need.

If nothing else, read and internalize this post by Administrator2 - it will help you understand where we stand in the grand scheme of things.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
phoenixwings is on a distinguished road
Default 43 Sponsors Now!

43 sponsors now! Thanks for the hard work IV and us.