Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Announcement of the report with skilled immigration fixes expected today at 3pm (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096350-announcement-of-the-report-with-skilled-immigration-fixes-expected-today-at-3pm.html)

Administrator2 07-16-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruva12 (Post 3588588)
Admin..

Are you still maintaining that there would be a significant/good movement of dates in October arising out of the bookkeeping from the state dept?


If I say yes, and if doesn't happen for some reason, then some other jerks will say that it is IV's fault because you were clicking F-5 button on keyboard all day :rolleyes:

If I say yes, and if it turns out that folks are able to file AOS, then jerks will fault IV for less green cards because now they will be waiting for the visa number.

If I say no, then also some jerks will some how find a reason to fault us anyways.

So if you ask me, I'd say, we are not going to say anything.....

nohohon 07-16-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3588594)
Yes. but they need to justify things to their bosses and those tweets were convenient. Who knows - maybe we were never going to get AoS, but we sure as hell shouldn't have given them a reason to back off their commitment.

Yep, this is what I meant as an "convenience excuse". The agencies pointed to these tweets to run away from the issue. I don't have the experience you do with immigration agencies but I've worked with senior management at work and have seen time and time again how they can use a non-issue and make it out to be a "serious problem" if they wanted to get out making a change. Hence, my comment that the agencies that didn't want to change would have just found a different excuse but you're absolutely right...we didn't have to make it easy for them.

There is clearly an issue with an active group of non-IV volunteers who aren't privy to your conversations, don't get the big picture and ask for things that dilute your message. I am sure you already know this but if you don't engage with this crowd and use their energy to your advantage, all your messages will continue to be diluted. And yes, I know this was likely why you asked for people to help with tweeting but you've already said that the damage was done.

You also know that what people want is "information" and they'll go to any site that claims to have it. You're not going to change that behavior - certainly not by calling people on forums as "time-wasters", "free-loaders", "naive" etc. Even if this is all true, human nature is to get defensive and to respond in kind. Of course, there are nay-sayers that will criticize anything you say or do but if you have a way of controlling the timely release of "information", you'll gain more supporters. IV has everything to lose and almost nothing to gain by getting into it with anyone and everyone that asks a question as to "when" something is going to happen.

Sorry about the "free advise". It is certainly not my intention to criticize your actions. I would love for IV to be successful because in your success lies my "immigration" future.

sunny0101 07-16-2015 04:29 PM

Admin,

Please please help me with my concern. I really appreciate all the hard and selfless work you guys are doing for our community. I am very naive regarding this so i am seeking out for guidance and help. I would really appreciate if you could help me with my concern.

Here is what i had asked for
"I am working as a FTE for one of the largest Healthcare companies. I have 8 years on my H1 with my PD being EB3 2008. I now have an offer from a Fortune 50 company who would do my Greencard in EB2. Is this a right time to change? I almost made up my mind thinking i am going to change then came the announcement yesterday and todays clarification from Admin saying how most of us could be in a position to file for AOS. I really need this advice from you guys. Please help me out. This will help me and my family make a wise decision. Once again i appreciate all your inputs”

nohohon 07-16-2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny0101 (Post 3588599)
Admin,

Please please help me with my concern. I really appreciate all the hard and selfless work you guys are doing for our community. I am very naive regarding this so i am seeking out for guidance and help. I would really appreciate if you could help me with my concern.

Here is what i had asked for
"I am working as a FTE for one of the largest Healthcare companies. I have 8 years on my H1 with my PD being EB3 2008. I now have an offer from a Fortune 50 company who would do my Greencard in EB2. Is this a right time to change? I almost made up my mind thinking i am going to change then came the announcement yesterday and todays clarification from Admin saying how most of us could be in a position to file for AOS. I really need this advice from you guys. Please help me out. This will help me and my family make a wise decision. Once again i appreciate all your inputs”

I am obviously not the admin and don't have any "inside info". But your question is difficult to answer. Assume for one second that the IV admin actually knows what the date movement is going to be. Can you realistically expect them to send you a private message and tell you to change jobs or stay put? They're telling you that based on what they have been told that there is an expectation of significant VB movement. Even if you got an answer, the next thing that'll happen is a flood of people posting here with their priority dates asking IV to validate their job change decision.

Only you can make a decision on whether it's more important for you to have the "possibility" of becoming current in the next few months OR whether this new job offer and the perks associated with it are more important at this point of time. Good luck!

hil3182 07-16-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nohohon (Post 3588598)
You also know that what people want is "information" and they'll go to any site that claims to have it. You're not going to change that behavior - certainly not by calling people on forums as "time-wasters", "free-loaders", "naive" etc. Even if this is all true, human nature is to get defensive and to respond in kind. Of course, there are nay-sayers that will criticize anything you say or do but if you have a way of controlling the timely release of "information", you'll gain more supporters. IV has everything to lose and almost nothing to gain by getting into it with anyone and everyone that asks a question as to "when" something is going to happen.

The issue is a lot of the access we have is because important people trust us and a lot of these negotiations are very sensitive. There is no shortage of lobbyists trying to kill our provisions or attach their provisions to our provisions and so on. So we cannot share information with people we cannot trust.

There have been times we have been itching to share information to people - but couldn't for reasons described above.

Regarding calling people "time-wasters", "free-loaders", "naive" and so on - I do it (note that this is not a "company" policy), because I find that it motivates genuine people to step forward and get involved. My language and attitude might turn off 99 people and motivate 1 person to step up and take action - but that one active person is of more use than 10,000 useless "spectators". I think its a good trade off.

Spending time on forums, signing petitions and tweeting is a complete and total waste of time and I think it would be criminal of me to not rub peoples noses in this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nohohon (Post 3588598)
Sorry about the "free advise". It is certainly not my intention to criticize your actions. I would love for IV to be successful because in your success lies my "immigration" future.

You are obviously well meaning, and after this report - I am in a good mood, so your advice is tolerated :D.

Administrator2 07-16-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateet (Post 3588596)
Okay so how does one explain Mr. Leon Rodriguez's comment on record about social media usage for H4 EAD. It is safe to assume IV was never part of campaign but still Director noticed it ?

Credit should be due where it is due. Some people indeed made a difference whether IV agrees or not. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Just because somebody disagrees the method or opinion doesn't automatically mean to discount/neglect it. That is the exact reason why I choose to be an armchair warrior instead of active IV volunteer or joining advocacy days. I can't play a game of political chess between so called IV and Rest of the world of Legal Immigration Fixes in U.S.

The combative nature of some of the posts including established members on this forum is perplexing & sad at the same time coming from "high skilled" immigrants. I have knowledge of workings on K Street and there is more than what it looks on surface.


Whatever floats your boat..... just because you or unwilling doesn't mean K-street will disappear. All the best for being armchair warrior, but atleast you are honest to acknowledge that.

And you talk about "credit", what is that you want us to "credit"? Is there is monetary value you want to "credit" to someone's account? Or give some prize for the "credit"? What do you want us to do for this "credit" that you are talking about? Can you please be specific?

And if you are wanting to look beyond 1 meeting and 1 quote of Leon Rodriguez, and want to ignore years worth of lobbying that actually brought attention to the issue to get the support of the critical mass to finally make the change, then you can believe whatever you want, and there is no more discussion left. It just means you believe that having 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and tweeting make EAD for H-4 happen. And some lawyer in SF area goes around telling people he got EAD for H4 done, then there are others. You can go around believing whatever you want, and we don't want to make believe anything else. But because if we leave this unanswered, people who will come after you to read this will believe that you are right, and to set the record straight, I have no choice but to say this - anyone believing that 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and tweets made EAD for H4 is living in fools paradise. It just shows the lack of understanding about the system.

Lets say H.R.213 has passed the congress and about to be signed by the President, and some guy starts posting random tweets asking the President to sign the bill. And the next day he would go around town claiming that he got H.R.213 into law. Now what do you want to say to that?

Likewise, the decision for EAD for H4 was made in 2011. Long before that 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and long before anyone started tweeting. The administrative process took long time because in 2012-2013 EAD for H4 fix got entangled with the Comprehensive Immigration Reform. So the admin fix had to be put on the back burner. But the decision was already made, and the process had already begun. Towards the last leg of the admin fix, some folks started tweeting and handful of folks went to meet with Leon Rodriguez once. And you think IV owes these folks credit"? Why? EAD for H4 was already set in motion long before that 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez.. And the fact is EAD for H4 fix would have happened regardless of that 1 meeting and tweets. So what "credit" are you talking? And if you ever meet with Member of Congress or bureaucrats, they will made remark in the passing (which their staff will prepare them to say depending on the audience) to make a conversation. That is all there is to that 1 remark of Leon Rodriguez in that 1 meeting. That's all. Or do you actually believe that Leon Rodriguez was reading all your online post and all your EAD for H4 tweets? PLEASE PLEASE tell me that this is not what you believe.

And you never talk about how the fix went from an idea to the drawing board stage to the final conceptualization, how many hundreds of meetings over 6 years prior to 2011 did it take to get to the stage of getting the idea into actual fix, and you think none of that is important =, or, in language that effort doesn't get any "credit", but IV owes "credit" to your 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and your tweets? Maybe you don't know that EAD for H4 decision and decision for other Admin fixes is not done by USCIS, these decisions are made by WH. Maybe you don't know that how many times IV have had a chance to share these issues and fixes with the IV. Maybe you don't know the content of all those discussions because you were not there. But dammit you are the one who have willing chosen to be armchair warrior instead of active IV volunteer or joining advocacy days. And your narrative somehow seem to suggest that this is IV's fault?

This just shows that folks who decide to not come of the shell have no idea how the system works.. You are not malicious, just naive about the process. The reason being, you have chosen the team of armchair warriors. That is also why you will miss out on the opportunity to see the real world. No matter how many facts I'd share, you will not understand what I am trying to say. For you, the universe of EAD for H4 is 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and your tweets. And that's a shame because you seem to be a smart person, only self deprived of the facts.

Perhaps you might one day realize that there is a world beyond what you know. But because you have chosen to be self-described armchair warrior, you will not be able to know that world. But that is ok, we are sure you will be fine. And rest assured, we will live as well and work on this effort without you. The only thing is, you will miss out on the opportunity to see the real world and experience of the real world. And you will continue to believe that 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and your tweets brought forth EAD for H4 fix.

hil3182 07-16-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3588597)
If I say yes, and if doesn't happen for some reason, then some other jerks will say that it is IV's fault because you were clicking F-5 button on keyboard all day :rolleyes:

If I say yes, and if it turns out that folks are able to file AOS, then jerks will fault IV for less green cards because now they will be waiting for the visa number.

If I say no, then also some jerks will some how find a reason to fault us anyways.

So if you ask me, I'd say, we are not going to say anything.....

Those career bureaucrats mean very little. WH decides policy.

hil3182 07-16-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3588603)
Those career bureaucrats mean very little. WH decides policy.

Sorry, meant to quote "ateet"

Limmig 07-16-2015 05:32 PM

I have read through the report and gone through this thread. My question is regarding AoS. Is it still on the discussion table?
The recommendations in the report will go far to streamline the work process by addressing the problems caused by multiplicity of agencies and volume of paperwork. The provisions regarding the I140 EAD in the report provide the scaffolding that will enable the I140 EAD to provide real job portability. These are immense gains and I thank IV for their work in making these provisions come to fruition.
But we all have different priorities because of our different circumstances (even though we are sailing in the same boat!). For me, at this stage in my life, the primary concern is aging out of H4 kids. AoS would have addressed this problem. Hence, my question if it still is a possibility. Thanks.

hil3182 07-16-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limmig (Post 3588605)
I have read through the report and gone through this thread. My question is regarding AoS. Is it still on the discussion table?
The recommendations in the report will go far to streamline the work process by addressing the problems caused by multiplicity of agencies and volume of paperwork. The provisions regarding the I140 EAD in the report provide the scaffolding that will enable the I140 EAD to provide real job portability. These are immense gains and I thank IV for their work in making these provisions come to fruition.
But we all have different priorities because of our different circumstances (even though we are sailing in the same boat!). For me, at this stage in my life, the primary concern is aging out of H4 kids. AoS would have addressed this problem. Hence, my question if it still is a possibility. Thanks.

The indications we have received so far are not good. But the EO is far from done. We will continue to push for AoS. Sorry about your kids. A lot people in IV are going through the same thing and this is our #1 priority.

hil3182 07-16-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateet (Post 3588606)
But my concern is that why take things to the extreme and out of context when you don't agree with certain methods.

We just lost AoS because of these idiots - something we thought we had in the bag - this isn't about a simple disagreement in methods.

And didn't you read anything he said or any of my posts about about our positions regarding social media?

Regarding H4EAD: In a nutshell Leon Rodrugez is a career bureaucrat and people in his position cannot make executive decisions like give EAD's for H4. Anyone meeting with him (or any other career bureaucrat for that matter) is wasting their time.

The only reason Leon mentioned anything about social media is because some secretary handed him some note. Those tweets that you did had zero influence.

Quote:

The first step in solving a problem is admitting we have a problem.
And what exactly are we in denial about?

Vsach 07-16-2015 06:28 PM

Negative Energy
 
:mad:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3588602)
Whatever floats your boat..... just because you or unwilling doesn't mean K-street will disappear. All the best for being armchair warrior, but atleast you are honest to acknowledge that.

And you talk about "credit", what is that you want us to "credit"? Is there is monetary value you want to "credit" to someone's account? Or give some prize for the "credit"? What do you want us to do for this "credit" that you are talking about? Can you please be specific?

And if you are wanting to look beyond 1 meeting and 1 quote of Leon Rodriguez, and want to ignore years worth of lobbying that actually brought attention to the issue to get the support of the critical mass to finally make the change, then you can believe whatever you want, and there is no more discussion left. It just means you believe that having 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and tweeting make EAD for H-4 happen. And some lawyer in SF area goes around telling people he got EAD for H4 done, then there are others. You can go around believing whatever you want, and we don't want to make believe anything else. But because if we leave this unanswered, people who will come after you to read this will believe that you are right, and to set the record straight, I have no choice but to say this - anyone believing that 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and tweets made EAD for H4 is living in fools paradise. It just shows the lack of understanding about the system.

Lets say H.R.213 has passed the congress and about to be signed by the President, and some guy starts posting random tweets asking the President to sign the bill. And the next day he would go around town claiming that he got H.R.213 into law. Now what do you want to say to that?

Likewise, the decision for EAD for H4 was made in 2011. Long before that 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and long before anyone started tweeting. The administrative process took long time because in 2012-2013 EAD for H4 fix got entangled with the Comprehensive Immigration Reform. So the admin fix had to be put on the back burner. But the decision was already made, and the process had already begun. Towards the last leg of the admin fix, some folks started tweeting and handful of folks went to meet with Leon Rodriguez once. And you think IV owes these folks credit"? Why? EAD for H4 was already set in motion long before that 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez.. And the fact is EAD for H4 fix would have happened regardless of that 1 meeting and tweets. So what "credit" are you talking? And if you ever meet with Member of Congress or bureaucrats, they will made remark in the passing (which their staff will prepare them to say depending on the audience) to make a conversation. That is all there is to that 1 remark of Leon Rodriguez in that 1 meeting. That's all. Or do you actually believe that Leon Rodriguez was reading all your online post and all your EAD for H4 tweets? PLEASE PLEASE tell me that this is not what you believe.

And you never talk about how the fix went from an idea to the drawing board stage to the final conceptualization, how many hundreds of meetings over 6 years prior to 2011 did it take to get to the stage of getting the idea into actual fix, and you think none of that is important =, or, in language that effort doesn't get any "credit", but IV owes "credit" to your 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and your tweets? Maybe you don't know that EAD for H4 decision and decision for other Admin fixes is not done by USCIS, these decisions are made by WH. Maybe you don't know that how many times IV have had a chance to share these issues and fixes with the IV. Maybe you don't know the content of all those discussions because you were not there. But dammit you are the one who have willing chosen to be armchair warrior instead of active IV volunteer or joining advocacy days. And your narrative somehow seem to suggest that this is IV's fault?

This just shows that folks who decide to not come of the shell have no idea how the system works.. You are not malicious, just naive about the process. The reason being, you have chosen the team of armchair warriors. That is also why you will miss out on the opportunity to see the real world. No matter how many facts I'd share, you will not understand what I am trying to say. For you, the universe of EAD for H4 is 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and your tweets. And that's a shame because you seem to be a smart person, only self deprived of the facts.

Perhaps you might one day realize that there is a world beyond what you know. But because you have chosen to be self-described armchair warrior, you will not be able to know that world. But that is ok, we are sure you will be fine. And rest assured, we will live as well and work on this effort without you. The only thing is, you will miss out on the opportunity to see the real world and experience of the real world. And you will continue to believe that 1 meeting with Leon Rodriguez and your tweets brought forth EAD for H4 fix.

I strongly feel IV is doing a Great Job....some on this forum just bitch for nothing :mad:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org