Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
IV with some other group might have played big role in bringing the H4-EAD. But after Jan 2015 there were tweets and emails send daily by a few hundred or more persons on daily basis. We cannot quantify the impact of those. But those might have played supplemental role in expediting the regulation by a few days to a few weeks. But no way to prove or disprove that but that might not do any harm. There is no way we can compare the lobbying with those emails/tweets but we cannot ignore the supplemental role. Can the individual tweets/emails can bring a regulation. That is nearly impossible. But those things could expedite some process by creating more visibility and reminder
Ok. Let us accept your argument and say that it moved things along by a few days to a few weeks - do seriously you think the effort was worth it? Did that few days or a few weeks change anything in the big picture?

If those same people that followed an IV action item to get more co-sponsors for HR.213 (visiting/calling their congressman) , don't you think that is a more productive use of peoples time?

We don't have to guess the effect of the emails & tweets - it was exactly zero.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2015, 08:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
choolas2003 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
When we talk about AoS, we mean filing AoS when date is not current.

This means you would be able to file AoS as soon as your I-140 is approved (or maybe even concurrently) regardless of Priority Date.

The biggest benefit of this is your kids will not age out.

We are not saying it will not happen, we are just saying that we have not received any positive indicators from the WH that it will happen. Given the pattern we are not optimistic, but since they haven't shut the door on this - we will continue to push for it at every opportunity.

This is our #1 priority when it comes to dealing with the WH.

Great thanks for clarifying on this and Thanks IV for all your work on behalf of us.

Have to agree with you on agency reluctance to fix all issues as it mean more workload. It is true to anyone as everyone loves to have reduced work load and will make excuses to show work is done and its no different to them. Hope they allow AoS and its sure helps a lot of family with aging kids.

Maybe people on forums dont understand the significance as they dont have aging kids to truly understand what to ask for and had they had one their demand will be different. I myself never thought about this scenario and thinking what if I had one makes me wonder what good is EAD?

Hope agency see these kids and life ahead of them as they are stuck for no reason and get AoS implemented. Good luck to all and keeping fingers crossed.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I think these tweeter/petition people should now start following campaigns simultaneously and help all people regardless of their country of birth:

"GiveMeGreenCardNow"
“Mail-it-me”
“Greencard at DMV”
“ExchangePassports” (straight to citizenship)

At least one of the above will work instantly.

It is the fault of these people who really set their target low and we have to suffer for their lack of asking for the freedom we all want right away.

Better luck next time y’all!

Old 07-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thokkalohdi is infamous around these parts
Default why?

See, what i have noticed is these twitter warriors only tweet when they see the news that something is about to happen.. till then they are hiding behind their PCs. So, no point in IV trying to shut them down.

Also, thanks to Admin, now i understand that EAD is a separate fix, that is already in works. And this report only has remaining stuff. Kool.

Second thing is , even if you know some news, then only share it few hours before the actual release of it, instead of Days ahead. Giving these twitter warriors enough time to raise stink.

Cuz, obviously you guys cant share total information, in that case why even share partial info???? it causes hype and confusion which always will backfire.

Forexample, in this thread you said "pleasantly surprised in October"... why do you need to share that info? Now ppl will speculate 2012, 2014 .. EB3 will be current etc etc.

I would say dont share any inside info at all unless you can reveal it all. If you want to share please tell us your calendar if you are going to meet someone, etc.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateet View Post
Again stereotyping IT crowd. Some people will never change or I should change the mentality. You just depreciated yourself. How can one even comprehend such binary personalities is beyond my belief. And for the record I don't work in IT.
Some people don't understand punctuation - like what a question mark means.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
IV with some other group might have played big role in bringing the H4-EAD. But after Jan 2015 there were tweets and emails send daily by a few hundred or more persons on daily basis. We cannot quantify the impact of those. But those might have played supplemental role in expediting the regulation by a few days to a few weeks. But no way to prove or disprove that but that might not do any harm. There is no way we can compare the lobbying with those emails/tweets but we cannot ignore the supplemental role. Can the individual tweets/emails can bring a regulation. That is nearly impossible. But those things could expedite some process by creating more visibility and reminder
Are you serious? tell me you are kidding. So you actually believe that tweets made EAD for H4 happen? There is one type of effect of uncoordinated and unorganized twitter campaign = NEGATIVE.

It is quite puzzling, rather baffling that, that people know that tweets/emails cannot bring regulations/bills, but still they are unwilling to accept that there is either ZERO or NEGATIVE impact of these misguided twitter campaigns.

Look, at the max, these twitter campaigns have only one kind of value, therapeutic. For people who are stuck, by tweeting they get a false sense of impression that they did their part, but in fact, they did nothing at all. So if anyone wants to please their mind that they did their part, without actually doing it, and if that is helping you to get past your day, then that, and only that, is the value of twitter. But you need to know that using this unplanned uncoordinated twitter obsession to feed the artificial physiological aspect of your body, you are hurting the real aspect of the soul of the advocacy effort. Obviously, you think there is nothing wrong with that as long as you can get a temporary kick out of it giving you a false feeling that you did something for yourself, without actually doing it. How long can you keep lying to yourself? And if twitter campaigns were so effective, then why don't people with bigger agendas adopt it? Have you seen Oil companies doing twitter campaigns? Or have you seen tech companies spending money on twitter campaigns? If something works, then why are people with deep pockets not lining up to spend money for these type of campaigns? Can you explain that?

And in larger sense, here is the puzzle. This thread is about Admin fixes that are just announced. Fixes that will give you the freedom to live as if you would otherwise live with a green card. Not only the primary applicant, but the spouse will no longer have to wait till the 6th year of H1 to get the work permit (as in EAD for H4 fix). And instead of talking about this fix, you want to talk about EAD for H4. You want to continue to harp about your obsession with uncoordinated twitter messages, which we know for fact is 100% waste of time. But rather than listening and talking about these fixes announced by the Administration, you want to talk about (1.) Effectiveness of Twitter campaign even after acknowledging that they don't work, and (2.) EAD for H4.

Does this behavior seem normal to you? Because it doesn't seem normal to us.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again stereotyping IT crowd. Some people will never change or I should change the mentality. You just depreciated yourself. How can one even comprehend such binary personalities is beyond my belief. And for the record I don't work in IT.
What's your problem? Big deal that someone made an assumption that you might work IT. Who cares what you do for living, just as, it is not relevant what hil3182 does for living.

If you want to talk about real substance, then lets talk about it. Because I don't see any value in your current line of exchange.

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-16-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:52 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Again you are in denial about social media. I never said that IV doesn't do anything. It's the IV's core that refuses to acknowledge other things done by other people without naming anybody specific.

Anyways enjoy your WH moment. And yes I do more work with K street lobbyists than hours you spend replying on forums for the record.
You seem to keep pitching "IV" v/s "social media". Hope you realize that how dumb this is? If it makes it any better let me put it in caps:

RANDOM UNCOORDINATED MIS-TIMED AND MIS-DIRECTED MESSAGES ON SOCIAL MEDIA OR ANY MEDIA ARE WASTE OF TIME.

We have tried to explain it earlier, with examples, that without coordination with the ground game, nothing will happen by just posting messages on social media. With your selective reading, you leave out every other qualifier to make it look like there is a war between IV and social media. Not sure about your intent, but hopefully you will be able to see your messages.

And if you think that with your random uncoordinated mistimes and misdirected social media messages you are changing the world, then all powers to you. You keep doing whatever makes you happy.

We have first hand experience about the effectiveness of these twitter campaigns. And obviously, you cannot undo what we see work on the ground, can you?

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-16-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
You seem to keep pitching "IV" v/s "social media". Hope you realize that how dumb this is? If it makes it any better let me put it in caps:

RANDOM UNCOORDINATED MIS-TIMED AND MIS-DIRECTED MESSAGES ON SOCIAL MEDIA OR ANY MEDIA ARE WASTE OF TIME.

We have tried to explain it earlier, with examples, that without uncoordinated ground game, nothing will happen by posting messages on social media. With your selective reading, you leave out every other qualifier to make it look like there is a war between IV and social media. Not sure about your intent, but hopefully you will be able to see your messages.

And if you think that with your random uncoordinated mistimes and misdirected social media messages you are changing the world, then all powers to you. You keep doing whatever makes you happy.

We have first hand experience about the effectiveness of these twitter campaigns. And obviously, you cannot undo what we see work on the ground, can you?
I think this guy is some fwd.us clown.

They get together every month to eat some of Mark Zuckergurg's pizza and come up with good tweets & vibes - make each other feel good - you know, the stuff that world a better place.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

I request the admins and moderators to kindly ignore these fools. No matter what you say they are never convinced and no matter what you do they will never make a difference when it comes to the great deal of work you are all doing for us.
Once again from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of my friends, family and (only sane) immigrant community we thank you.
Thank You IV

Old 07-16-2015, 11:11 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
I don't disagree with you and with all due respect and each it's own.... Everybody deserves credit somewhere. Now if you don't like to take it or put a monetary or non monetary value, that's upto the individual. No need to generalize if.

Now coming to system of values and beliefs, again without being combative, not everybody agrees with a single approach. While I acknowledge the fact that failures are magnified more than successes, it's same everywhere. You as an organization are doing a great job, there's no doubt about it. But my concern is that why take things to the extreme and out of context when you don't agree with certain methods. The first step in solving a problem is admitting we have a problem.
What you seem to think as a "disagreement with method", we see it as - a matter of participation in the real deal. You can have people live in fools paradise believing that they are doing something, and at the same time, make sure they do nothing to improve their condition. That is what these misguided twitter messages are about.

And by making people believe that they are helping by posting messages is a scam perpetrated on folks. Exactly the same way, when back in 2nd half of 2014, companies, lawyers planted hundreds of paid for articles to make everyone believe that Recapture and Dependents exemption is about to happen. And when we were trying to talk sense, people like you were jumping all over us, portraying as if IV was against Recapture and Dependents exemption, some even accused IV of being against their green card

Well, guess what, you can't hide the truth forever. Where are those reporters who wrote those hundreds of articles Recapture and Dependents exemption? Where are all those big name over priced lawyers that you consider as your god?

You probably don't want to talk about that right now. Because now, you are obsessed with changing the word with twitter, just as you and others like you were obsessed with Recapture and Dependents exemption back in 2014. And no amount of talking sense from IV would make any difference, would it?

You are saying that:
Quote:
take things to the extreme and out of context when you don't agree
Back in 2014, from people like you, we got this bullshit along the same line of arguments about Recapture and Dependents Admin fix. Where are all those people now? If your twitter campaign is so effective, then why did you not get Recapture and Dependents through your twitter messages. I know why, because now, the only fixes you want to talk about are the fixes that IV campaigned, and those are the only fixes that are happening, isn't it?

But now, because the fixes that IV advocated for are now happening, folks like you will start twitter messages for therapeutic reasons to make yourself believe that you are doing something for yourself, without actually doing anything at all. Isn't that the same way you conducted yourself with EAD for H4 twitter messages when after the fix was already decided and just when the fix was on its way to getting done, folks like you started tweeting, and are now delusional to believe that your twitter messages changed the world. How many times are you going to do the same thing over and over again expecting different result, because to us, that is a definition of insanity.

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-16-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

They get together every month to eat some of Mark Zuckergurg's pizza and come up with good tweets & vibes - make each other feel good - you know, the stuff that world a better place.
Real experts in social media these guys are. Not so much in passing bills or advocacy.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:26 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:

fwd.us? Seriously? When will people learn. Have anyone going to their pizza parties ever heard what they are talking - ONLY H1

Highly skilled people need to act like "highly skilled" and need to be ahble to see through the bullshit. For if you don't, you will end up "tweeting" and believing that your tweets are changing the world. And this is as twisted idea as the idea that the earth is literally flat, and nothing can be further from the truth.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Retro?

Thanks IV admins for the details and clarifications over the last couple of days! I have been wondering about something and not sure if it had been already answered before. If I have an approved I-140 today and haven't been able to file AOS yet, how will these new fixes help me in the case that I change jobs before they are implemented?

Basically, my point is that will these be applicable retroactively for cases where there is an approved I-140 from a previous job? Or in the example above, will I be required to re-file PERM and and a new I-140 and then wait for a year (all this assuming my date is not current at that point still) to pass to be able to benefit from this? I hope I'm asking clearly!

Old 07-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
fwd.us? Seriously? When will people learn. Have anyone going to their pizza parties ever heard what they are talking - ONLY H1
In Cyber Security there is a term called BotNet .
Now i believe many good people are taken for ride by FWD.US sort of guys and people behave like this.
One Day a Lawyers forum takes for ride another day another prediction site, next day a parent insurance tracking site & its employees.....Good people ultimately start behaving like zombies.