Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Just for fun, read the comments provided by the legal community here:

Regulations.gov

They seem to be asking DHS to expedite the I-140 EAD/AP using an unrelated rule and thereby indirectly opposing the listed rule. Gee, when will they understand?
This is funny, sad and irritating at the same time.
Firstly a lot of these so called high skilled people cannot write proper english. There are so many typos. some words are all caps. That is so rude. It shows that they are not serious enough.

This is for Admin fixes but some people have written about HR213 etc. It shows how little they know about this country they want to become part of.

Majority of comments are begging and /or using flowed logic like we are paying taxes and so we should get green card etc.

More can be written but enough said. You guys get it when people act uncoordinated without awareness they damage than do any good.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Sam_Ch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
This is funny, sad and irritating at the same time.
Firstly a lot of these so called high skilled people cannot write proper english. There are so many typos. some words are all caps. That is so rude. It shows that they are not serious enough.

This is for Admin fixes but some people have written about HR213 etc. It shows how little they know about this country they want to become part of.

Majority of comments are begging and /or using flowed logic like we are paying taxes and so we should get green card etc.

More can be written but enough said. You guys get it when people act uncoordinated without awareness they damage than do any good.
I appreciate what you guys do for the Indian immigrant community. Many of the people who come here are from smaller towns in India and not necessarily from metros with a higher standard of basic English education, so yes they will be lacking in proper sentence structure and grammar. Please forgive them for that because there is no point in highlighting that. They too came here for the same reasons the rest of us came here, to better our life. Many of us don't understand the difference between a Right and a Privilege in a foreign country and a lot of the issues stem from that.

Secondly the reason they come of as ignorant is because they are genuinely not aware of the legislative process. They will go to mass forums like and will follow what some people say and there is nothing you can do about it unless you really want to take that challenge on. They are not aware of the 'damage' they are doing because no one explained to them what is the impact and repercussions of posting comments on regulations.gov.

If you really want people to follow your lead, maybe a better option would be to actually make immigrationvoice.org a powerful online platform to unite people and provide them insight into what steps will make the most impact. So redirect the traffic from websites like and welcome them into the forum and provide them with articles which will turn the light on in their minds. You already have a good core group of admins who are recognized in D.C. as an authoritative voice so you have the knowledge-base to provide people with information to make informed decisions. And yes, social media is powerful enough to affect and change outcomes.

From my perspective, you don't have a captive audience and are relying on a few hundred or even less people to pull a huge load. This is just a small sample of the thousands of immigrants who are going through these pains. But I am sure you know that judging by the amount of comments that people are providing misplaced though they may be. If you are willing to complement the grassroots approach with a more mass social media approach, a good time to try that will be for HR 213. Who knows what are the chances of it passing the House and the Senate and landing on the President's desk. With the House, Senate and the WH being so divergent, one could realistically question if it is realizable, so it may be worth a shot to try a different approach. I am not taking a shot at your push for HR213 but IMHO as a neutral observer who is not affected by this, Washington is pretty deeply divided now.

Wishing you the best for your many campaigns!

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Sam_Ch you are obviously not one of us. If you were one of us, you would have volunteered to fix what you think is wrong and steer the organization by discussing your ideas directly with the teams. And become part of the volunteer team where you thought your skills are best needed.

I think there is a saying about unsolicited advice and what it is worth.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sg27 is a splendid one to behold sg27 is a splendid one to behold sg27 is a splendid one to behold sg27 is a splendid one to behold sg27 is a splendid one to behold sg27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
Sam_Ch you are obviously not one of us. If you were one of us, you would have volunteered to fix what you think is wrong and steer the organization by discussing your ideas directly with the teams. And become part of the volunteer team where you thought your skills are best needed.

I think there is a saying about unsolicited advice and what it is worth.
Well....First thing first...if this is how you treat every new person on this forum, there will hardly be a chance to grow this community from hundreds to thousands or even more. Do not outcast people because they are expressing their opinion....and whether you meant to do that or not, this is what exactly it looked like.

Plus it would be nice if you would have given any thought to what SAM_CH is saying and to me (I understand if you disagree) it makes a lot of sense. If this is how you treat people expressing their opinion, I can't imagine them being able to steer the organization by discussing their ideas....

I think there is a saying about teamwork and right to speak/express but guess you would not understand....

Old 07-29-2015, 10:39 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Ch View Post
Washington is pretty deeply divided now.
You have no Idea how much support you receive from both sides on our issue.

Would appreciate you call your state congressmen for support as you will notice most members want to do the right thing ....especially when they see their constituents suffering.

There are many people who have been working for this cause for many many years and and once you start participating you will realize discussion on ideas, pros/cons.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:47 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys please, is there a point of this back-and-forth? This is not helpful to our effort. Frankly, I can't even figure out the issue with this back and forth. For once, can we all be nice to each other and everyone around us?

And what are these mindless comments on regulation:

Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers of Inadmissibility for Certain Immediate Relatives

Who are there mean people?
Sanjive Kumar
Ketan Patel
Ajit Ravindran
Aman Singh
Raj G.
Amit Goswami
Meena Sundar

There comments are EXTREMELY DAMAGING to everyone reading this. This regulation is NOT competing with other regulations. All there regulations are being done in parallel. The negative comments on this regulation are insane and completely mindless.

We understand that simple minded people might reach a conclusion that if anything is happening for undocumented then it might mean that something is being taken away from legal immigrants? That is simply not true. Not only that, this is totally the other way around. This is twisted outlook, one that will not take you far in life.

These negative comments are reprehensible and downright mean. People who posted these should be ashamed of themselves. But there is a way to fix it, by posting positive comments to support this regulation. And if that is too much to ask, then please do yourself a favor and not post anything because your negative comments is only hurting one and only one party - you. Even if it is hard for you to understand, that is ok, please trust that any negative comment on the regulation is hurting your cause.

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-29-2015 at 10:51 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe this. These comments are F&$#ING insane. STOP IT. These negative comments will come back to bite our regulatory fixes. These high skilled illiterates posting negative comments are hurting/even causing delays/reversal of our admin fixes.

If there is anything, I know this - anyone who thinks that attacking this regulation will somehow positively affect them is the biggest fool on this planet.

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-29-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IMNotACommonMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg27 View Post
Well....First thing first...if this is how you treat every new person on this forum, there will hardly be a chance to grow this community from hundreds to thousands or even more. Do not outcast people because they are expressing their opinion....and whether you meant to do that or not, this is what exactly it looked like.

Plus it would be nice if you would have given any thought to what SAM_CH is saying and to me (I understand if you disagree) it makes a lot of sense. If this is how you treat people expressing their opinion, I can't imagine them being able to steer the organization by discussing their ideas....

I think there is a saying about teamwork and right to speak/express but guess you would not understand....
Please read carefully what waiting waiting is saying. He is exactly saying the same thing that has been put before in an elaborate manner by the commentator to whom he replied.

IV as an organization is not just forum, less than 1% of IV volunteers comes online to answer the online question. When he says one of us, it means the one on the ground, volunteers that goes home to home to encourage people to call their reps or meet their congressman. Folks who on weekends goes to shops, malls, religious places anything that is frequented by 'our' community just to encourage them do what is right. Volunteers who leave their homes and family and visit DC to put across the message, fly from all corner from this country to participate or volunteers who actually march in the freedom March just to showcase our issues.

The commentator said that the folks are ignorant as the come from small town and villages and not metros, not sure if my small town of few thousand will qualify as a metro or many hundred of IV volunteers that has similar background. No Sir the folks who are putting these comments are not the ones who do not know or do not understand anything but rather those who do and that is why are aware of things. Still they want to put in comments that may actually hurt our cause, a cause that is greater than any individual or individuals. The cause for which thousands have worked hard and still fighting. The cause that may ultimately help our whole community.

Yes the decorum of words is essential but the line has to be drawn somewhere. Please understand we can try and wake up folks who are actually sleeping but who are pretending to be sleeping can't be awaken.

When you as an individual get involved with this movement only then you will understand what it takes and how it feels.

I have just one request of all the folks reading this please do not put unneceessary and damaging comments that may ultimately affect us all, here or anywhere else including government sites, we all are High Skilled Immigrants and interestingly from the same country let's just show that we are highly skilled immigrants.

A Legal Immigrant,
IMNotACommonMan

Old 07-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
I can't believe this. These comments are F&$#ING insane. STOP IT. These negative comments will come back to bite our regulatory fixes. These high skilled illiterates posting negative comments are hurting/even causing delays/reversal of our admin fixes.
If there is anything, I know this - anyone who thinks that attacking this regulation will somehow positively affect them is the biggest fool on this planet.
it could be kamakazee and his bunch of idiots

Old 07-29-2015, 11:20 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
Who is kamkaze? If you know these people then can you please tell them to STOP these negative comments. People need to mature up and stop acting like children. This mindless negative comments is hurting everyone.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Folks, please understand the seriousness of this issue, please do not put negative comments. Please please please stop and please think before putting these comments in. Things may get bad for us pretty fast and pretty deep.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Administrator 2 has pointed out out real names - and for the time being let us focus on those names and how to balance and mitigate the situation.

Let us not turn this into another speculation forum and blame nameless individuals if we do not have any solid reason to beleive so. We need everybody's help in this, whether that individual believes in us or not. Request.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

1 person on other forum is telling everyone that EAD for I140 fix has been delayed. He is inciting people for no reason.

Keep an eye on lawyers. Some of them are misleading people inciting fear and invoking negative reaction from common people

Old 07-30-2015, 08:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMNotACommonMan View Post
Folks, please understand the seriousness of this issue, please do not put negative comments. Please please please stop and please think before putting these comments in. Things may get bad for us pretty fast and pretty deep.
Folks, please do not put negative comments on Regulation.gov for the proposed rule. By doing this we are damaging our chances nothing else.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
1 person on other forum is telling everyone that EAD for I140 fix has been delayed. He is inciting people for no reason.

Keep an eye on lawyers. Some of them are misleading people inciting fear and invoking negative reaction from common people
Friend, people will be creating rumors all the time, it's for the sensible person to clear junk out of the actual information.

Since you brought this up I believe Admins may weigh in, if they doesn't then ignore that perticular person. He is doing a great disservice to the legal immigration community as a whole.