Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2015, 08:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMNotACommonMan View Post
Friend, people will be creating rumors all the time, it's for the sensible person to clear junk out of the actual information.

Since you brought this up I believe Admins may weigh in, if they doesn't then ignore that perticular person. He is doing a great disservice to the legal immigration community as a whole.
To look genuine this guy is citing Sidley Austin as his source. But he is scared to put in the correct name of the lawfirm So he faked the name pretending to know stuff
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2015, 08:33 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
1 person on other forum is telling everyone that EAD for I140 fix has been delayed. He is inciting people for no reason.

Keep an eye on lawyers. Some of them are misleading people inciting fear and invoking negative reaction from common people
There is not delay with 140 EAD and any one suggesting otherwise is just wrong or lying.

Please don't look at what lawyers have to say about our fixes. Lawyers or AILA did not ask for ask for 140 EAD. That is the truth. Go look up comments AILA submitted in response to RFI.

Knowing what I know I would never trust lawyers for immigration policy making. People need to stop acting like a mob going on rampage without even realizing that you are attacking your own child.

These comments on the RFI is inexcusable. This could severely hurt our cause to get the admin fixes done.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Others have weighed in, so my comment is redundant - but this is important enough, I am going to take the time to type it up anyways.

The same people making I140-EAD+AP regulations, (hopefully) Early AoS regulations and many job portability regulations are going to be reading those comments.

These are the people we deal with in the WH & DoS all the time. They view the "immigration" issue as one problem and are not interested in getting into the documented vs undocumented argument.

When they read those offensive comments, they are going ask themselves why they are staying in the office until 8PM on Friday nights trying to push through regulations to help a bunch of racist, entitled, ungrateful Indians.

When the Congressional Hispanic Caucus sees those comments (which they are watching very closely), they will ask themselves, why must they support HR.213?

In short, these comments - if continued unabated WILL sink BOTH the EO & HR.213. We will be left with nothing - after around 3 years (5 if you count the effort into HR.3012) of positioning and being on the verge of success. We will be left with nothing.

So do us all a huge favor, and post positive comments. Lots of hugely positive comments - with Indian sounding names.

We have said many times earlier that the fixes for undocumented & our fixes sail and sink together. Today I hope you develop a better appreciation of why that is true.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrovvidi is on a distinguished road

Is there a anything on Regulations.gov for H.R. 213/ I-140 EAD?
Please post link.

I see people posting on OpenCongress.org. Is that where we are suppsoed to post our comments ( Yay or Nah)?
https://www.opencongress.org/bill/hr...letters?page=2

Old 07-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrovvidi View Post
Is there a anything on Regulations.gov for H.R. 213/ I-140 EAD?
Please post link.

I see people posting on OpenCongress.org. Is that where we are suppsoed to post our comments ( Yay or Nah)?
https://www.opencongress.org/bill/hr...letters?page=2
No. This is where you should post your positive comments in favor of the administration-

Regulations.gov

Old 07-30-2015, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Am I missing something, the "Expansion of Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers of Inadmissibility" regulation talks about waivers of inadmissibility based on unlawful presence!!

Old 07-30-2015, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Am I missing something, the "Expansion of Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers of Inadmissibility" regulation talks about waivers of inadmissibility based on unlawful presence!!
Sadly you're not missing anything…. Although we have nothing to do with this or minimally to do with this rule, high-skilled idiots have vomited their BS in comments to this rule and have connected EB immigration to something that was totally unrelated. Now, the administration is totally upset with the EB community.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Wouldn't it be better to enlighten our Legal Immigrants EB folks to stop posting/ erase comments on that Regulation page rather than encourage?

Also , what kind of comments are we supposed to leave? "I support to expand eligibility for provisional waivers for unlawful folks"?

Old 07-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to enlighten our Legal Immigrants EB folks to stop posting/ erase comments on that Regulation page rather than encourage?

Also , what kind of comments are we supposed to leave? "I support to expand eligibility for provisional waivers for unlawful folks"?
General praise and uplifting of the rule and say that it is going to help immigrants stuck in Congressional failure to pass a bill, and generally thank the administration for what they're doing for the immigrant community.

To answer your first question- you cannot make a horse out of an ass (here you can read as donkey or otherwise).

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IMNotACommonMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Sadly you're not missing anything…. Although we have nothing to do with this or minimally to do with this rule, high-skilled idiots have vomited their BS in comments to this rule and have connected EB immigration to something that was totally unrelated. Now, the administration is totally upset with the EB community.
We should have been neutral in what the other person(s) is getting, we should have only concentrated in what we are getting or may get or may loose in this case. But some of the fellows went overboard and wrote damaging stuff on regulation.gov and now folks who understand the implications, have to undo this.

There was no need, no need atall in getting into this and get our names (posted by Admin2 in other mail) involved but now that it has been done, I urge all to please put some good comments so that we are not judged by the negative rather the positivity that we bring to the table.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateet View Post
Why worry about things you can't control. To each it's own; lashing out at one another ain't helping anybody's cause. Not everybody gets along in all walks of life.

For the record and the language used in some of the posts in this thread specifically leaves a lot to be desired. I mean one has to look in mirror first before having debate on "skills" part.
I am worrying about my future, and if you're one of the backlog sufferers you should worry about yours too. If the administration decides to withdraw all the offers they have made, and if the hispanic and black caucus decides to vote against HR213 because of the racist comment fellow Indians made on the regulations.gov comments along with me you will sink down the hole. Don't pick and choose comments here, read the entire context.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
There are lot of assumptions, if's and but's... Frankly speaking everybody cares about their future and wants to control it. It's just that you can't control a group of persons because they have a different ideology. Calling them whatever names and analogies some established members refer too; the rhetoric is frankly getting old. Gotta figure out some other strategy.

Just saying some comments here and there will derail the whole thing is a hogwash that simply is not true no matter how convincing it feels. They certainly do matter, but nobody will be able to control them. Let's leave it there for argument sake/
Dude there is no rhetoric here until you think so. We are trying to send positive messages to the WH in order to mitigate the damage done by our fellow countrymen.

Do your part. Otherwise stop bothering us.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just saying some comments here and there will derail the whole thing is a hogwash that simply is not true no matter how convincing it feels.
Are you kidding???????? We had patiently heard your K-Street stories and other BS ....now this new one.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IMNotACommonMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And forgot to add that if members like you represent high skilled community in and around DC, the bar can't be lower.
Sure buddy, I belive IV will be honored to have an volunteer like yourself, please step forward and send your contact details so that you could be part of IV state chapter.

Let's work together. Please send the details.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And forgot to add that if members like you represent high skilled community in and around DC, the bar can't be lower.
you are such a mother %$#& that you come here every few days..... to boost how good you are.... and how others are all messed up..... how others are not doing it right.... and you know k-street blah blah blah

if you are so good then y do you hide behind your keyboard.... why dont you just do what you want others to do for you? Rather than arguing every few days or telling everyone how good you are and everyone is setting the bar lower.... bast@rd if you are so good then why bitch online preserving your identity ..... dont just be a jerk all the time, do something for real.... and then brag about it.... instead of the other way around....