Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatnamSingh View Post
So Curious to know if OCT'15 Fixes will be made thru OCT Visa Bulletin somewhere in SEP'15 or accouchement will be made in OCT by self.
I would say he only way to find more information is to volunteer in your state. Maybe this is the incentive. We are running campaigns with volunteers, doing state level meetings and awareness activities in several states at this time.

Please post a private message to me with your Full name, phone number and state. Some volunteer from that state will call you to vet and include you in the next state level activity.

If you are active on social media, contact us as well. We run select social media campaigns for a specific tasks
Please also like our facebook page. We post updates there also.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Now sure about the credibility of the source, something I read today:
Significant Change to US Department of State Visa Bulletin | The National Law Review

Old 09-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikastaneja View Post
Now sure about the credibility of the source, something I read today:
Significant Change to US Department of State Visa Bulletin | The National Law Review
This is very interesting. If the people at Morgan Lewis cooked this on their own, then they have some good cooking skills :-)

I would really like to see Admin's response on this.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Current visa bulletin has the two dates. I guess that matches with what is pointed out by National Law Review.
What is next? Can IV give more clarity on it??

Old 09-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Current visa bulletin has the two dates. I guess that matches with what is pointed out by National Law Review.
What is next? Can IV give more clarity on it??
Please follow discussion on this thread and post questions there

Questions and Answers on How to file Adjustment Of Status - Page 64 - Immigration Voice (Questions and Answers on How to file Adjustment Of Status)

Old 09-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute
Default OCT Visa Bulletin Release with 2 Categories

Dates for India

Employment- Based

2nd 01MAY05
3rd 08MAR04

I-485 Acceptance cutoff dates

2nd 01JUL11
3rd 01JUL05
I-485 : Applied on Jul 2 2007 (TSC)
Changed Employer after 9 months of applying I-485
(AC21 not filed)
Changed address and informed USCIS online and updated the pending I-485 application

Contributed $25 for HIGH Five Drive (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=20183)

Old 09-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I have spoken with my current employer's attorney. Since I have I140 from pervious employer, I am not benefitted from this announcement as of now. I am sure many of us are in the same category. THis announcement is of no use for us. Sad...

Old 09-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
I have spoken with my current employer's attorney. Since I have I140 from pervious employer, I am not benefitted from this announcement as of now. I am sure many of us are in the same category. THis announcement is of no use for us. Sad...
You can still try to join that previous employer if possible and file.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

That's not possible for me...
Is this the only news we were expecting to come out or there are more pending?

Old 09-09-2015, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
That's not possible for me...
Is this the only news we were expecting to come out or there are more pending?
More pending over the next few days.

We remain hopeful for Early AoS and I-140EAD+AP.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

I thought this was early AOS in way possible with the current climate. Is there a possibility for another early AOS specifically for EB folks ?

Old 09-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I thought this was early AOS in way possible with the current climate. Is there a possibility for another early AOS specifically for EB folks ?
No one has told us it is impossible and they know how important early AoS is to us.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Yep. That would be solid and would cover all folks as opposed to this way of VB movement.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

If my understanding is correct, only the I-140 EAD+AP rule could have the potential to remove the 180 day restriction of changing jobs after filing I-485, correct? Without that provision, even with today's fix for "early filing" of I-485, we are still restricted for 180 days?

What is the difference between what Early AOS and what came out today? If I-140 EAD/AP really a possibility? Sorry for the questions, just very unsure about these nuances!

Old 09-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeshpan View Post
If my understanding is correct, only the I-140 EAD+AP rule could have the potential to remove the 180 day restriction of changing jobs after filing I-485, correct? Without that provision, even with today's fix for "early filing" of I-485, we are still restricted for 180 days?

What is the difference between what Early AOS and what came out today? If I-140 EAD/AP really a possibility? Sorry for the questions, just very unsure about these nuances!
Even if there is a 180 day delay for I140-EAD+AP (please don't forget the AP), it shouldn't effect most of us. My understanding any delay is measured from date of I-140 approval, not EAD recipt. If that is not the case I guarantee you, we will push for it.

The way we envision things working, under the new scheme of things filing I-485 is not going to be a big deal at all. Once you get you I-140 EAD, if you don't like your current employment situation you can just switch jobs and file I-485 from the new job. If you get a better job offer within 180 days, then there is nothing stopping you from switching again and filing I-485 for a second time with the new job. This is distinct from the current scheme where you have to go through the whole process all over again.

The current cumbersome inflexible regulations (note regulations - not laws), were crafted by unethical immigration lawyers and tech lobbyists to minimize our job flexibility and maximize our attorney's fees. All we are doing with these changes is bringing the application of the law in sync with congresses intent when they wrote it - before it was hijacked by some DC insiders.

One thing to keep in mind is these EAD's are very limited. You will have to work in "same or similar" occupations, it is unknown if you can start your own company and you could loose it if any job you take is not "same or similar" to the job for which you have an approved labor. Only HR.213 can fix this. If we can get HR.213 done by the end of the year, by next September most of us will have Green Cards, not some shitty EAD.