Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsad View Post
Thanks IV for this step in the right direction!Hope everyone gets to file for EAD/AOS soon.

Had a few personal questions-

1) Have an I-140 approved from Previous employer. Current employer has not started PERM. My PD (May 2010) is 'current' based on the acceptance date. Is my only option to use previous employer I-140? If so do i have to work with them immediately after getting EAD or is it ok to wait to work with them after i get GC?

2)I'm getting married in 2-3 months and plan to bring my wife on H4 from India? I assume i have to still maintain my H1B status until then right?So i keep an H1B and EAD?

Appreciate your response
#1 - I'm in the same boat. My new employer's attorney said I can't use previous employer's i140. Let me know if you get different response.

#2 - you'll have to maintain h1b if i140 AoS is not possible.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chosen91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Nope.
Nope as in the dates won't move (progress towards becoming current) or nope as in no idea?

Regardless of the answer, congrats IV on all the hard work. Your triumph has motivated me to join the state IV chapter.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrr View Post
My employment I-485 is pending at Nebraska service center. With the current Acceptance date category I am able to file I-485 for my spouse. On USCIS website (Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status | USCIS) for Direct Filing of I-485, the address they given is Pheonix Lockbox according to my state of residency.

I am confused where to send my wife's I-485 is it Lincoln, NE where my app is pending or Pheonix which comes under California Service Center?

Here are the address for both Lincon and Pheonix.

USCIS,
PO Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

USCIS
PO Box 21281
Phoenix, AZ 85036

Can someone pls advise the address for filing derivative Spouse 485 separately when the primary application is pending.

Have you talked to an attorney and asked the question whether it's possible to file I-485 for your wife based on your pending I-485 with date current? I tried yesterday to reseach on this and came to an initial conclusion that you can only file I-485 for your wife when they approve your I-485. The I-485 instructions seem to indicate this under "who can use this form" section.

Please do not take my word. Ask an attorney or check out their forums.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsad View Post

1) Have an I-140 approved from Previous employer. Current employer has not started PERM. My PD (May 2010) is 'current' based on the acceptance date. Is my only option to use previous employer I-140? If so do i have to work with them immediately after getting EAD or is it ok to wait to work with them after i get GC?
As Hil responded, ask an attorney.

But I will copy/paste lawyer-speak as it is my favorite…..

“One can use the previous employer I-140 to file I-485 if the I-140 job offer is still valid and your intent to work for the sponsor (previous employer) must also be bona fide.”

Old 09-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
You can when date is current. You will have a very long wait if you do after getting greencard. There is enough documentation on this online if you search.
Thank you sir! I will do my reseach thoroghly.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen91 View Post
Nope as in the dates won't move (progress towards becoming current) or nope as in no idea?
No comment .

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 09-11-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No comment .
Hope this silence means 'stay positive' -

But since one of the goal which Admin had and which IV pushed for was to provide relief to folks facing length adjustments delay , so I assume in that spirit Acceptance Date will keep progressing - the very reason why AD concept got introduced .

No expert , but I dont see if Acceptance date retrogresses or stuck like traditional approval date then that will defeat the purpose of VB modernization which IV pushed so hard for - Just my .02 cents

Old 09-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
keshtoda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikastaneja View Post
#1 - I'm in the same boat. My new employer's attorney said I can't use previous employer's i140. Let me know if you get different response.

#2 - you'll have to maintain h1b if i140 AoS is not possible.
Your new employer's attorney can't do much because your I-140 was with the previous employer and as of now its still tied with that previous employer.

But as DMX17 said in few posts before:
“One can use the previous employer I-140 to file I-485 if the I-140 job offer is still valid and your intent to work for the sponsor (previous employer) must also be bona fide.”

My approach would be to go back to the previous employer's attorney and have them file AoS/I-485 or if they are not approachable hire your own attorneys. In either case you will have to bear all the expenses.

I am in the same situation and looks like this is what I am going to do.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_vus123 View Post
Hope this silence means 'stay positive' -

But since one of the goal which Admin had and which IV pushed for was to provide relief to folks facing length adjustments delay , so I assume in that spirit Acceptance Date will keep progressing - the very reason why AD concept got introduced .

No expert , but I dont see if Acceptance date retrogresses or stuck like traditional approval date then that will defeat the purpose of VB modernization which IV pushed so hard for - Just my .02 cents
All I can say is ultimately we believe the coming changes will benefit everyone stuck in backlog.

The vehicle could be AD/PD movement, I140-EAD+AP or (hopefully) early AoS depending on personal situations.

By virtue of having boots on the ground we almost always have more info than is released to the general public, but that info is often speculative or incomplete for various reasons. Please do not make any assumptions or life decisions based on any perceived hints you might be imagining. Thanks.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
All I can say is ultimately we believe the coming changes will benefit everyone stuck in backlog.

The vehicle could be AD/PD movement, I140-EAD+AP or (hopefully) early AoS depending on personal situations.

By virtue of having boots on the ground we almost always have more info than is released to the general public, but that info is often speculative or incomplete for various reasons. Please do not make any assumptions or life decisions based on any perceived hints you might be imagining. Thanks.
Thanks Hil .

Old 09-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Card Production Email Yesterday and Welcome today

Dear All

Wish you all the best, I wish the wait is over for all.

Thanks

Old 09-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Card Production Email Yesterday and Welcome Email today?

Dear All,

Hope it starts sinking soon.

This is the question for experts:

-Received Card Production email received yesterday, says card with in 30 days
-Received Welcome email today with the typical language of Registration/ADIT

If they have already ordered the Card, still need Registration/ADIT?

Thanks

Old 09-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Listen to the video here:
FAQ's About New October 2015 Visa Bulletin? [Video]

The immigration lawyer in the video, between 22 min and 28 min mentions that the dates in the new table is likely to retrogress too
Also, he says that I785 can be filed using old I140.

Has anyone have any update on the latter?

Old 09-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikastaneja View Post
Listen to the video here:
FAQ's About New October 2015 Visa Bulletin? [Video]

The immigration lawyer in the video, between 22 min and 28 min mentions that the dates in the new table is likely to retrogress too
Also, he says that I785 can be filed using old I140.

Has anyone have any update on the latter?
Some nonsense lawyer said something and you think it is true. Just so you know

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LAWYERS AND LAWMAKER

The regulation for filing EAD for I140 has not yet taken effect. It will take some time (a few months) for this regulation. How can this or any lawyer say

For heaven's sake, please stop acting like a child as if every word of every lawyer is word of GOD. Stop this nonsense and stop acting like child asking to every lawyer. If this is already not clear then understand that - WHAT LAWYERS SAY HAVE ZERO VALUE.

Please STOP listening to lawyers because this is designed to %$#& with your brain

Old 09-14-2015, 12:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Some nonsense lawyer said something and you think it is true. Just so you know

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LAWYERS AND LAWMAKER

The regulation for filing EAD for I140 has not yet taken effect. It will take some time (a few months) for this regulation. How can this or any lawyer say

For heaven's sake, please stop acting like a child as if every word of every lawyer is word of GOD. Stop this nonsense and stop acting like child asking to every lawyer. If this is already not clear then understand that - WHAT LAWYERS SAY HAVE ZERO VALUE.

Please STOP listening to lawyers because this is designed to %$#& with your brain
I am really hoping the dates for filing for AoS don't retrogress....but who knows...
Given the history with the dates of AoS retrogressng heavily, I share the same thoughts...but I am hoping for the best too...