Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
keshtoda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
I would also like to point out a lot hinges on if they allow AoS on I-140 from previous employer - when you leave the previous employer prior to the EO going into effect. And no lawyer knows this, or can advice you about this.

My best and honest advice to you will be to file AoS and take your chances. The opportunity to file might prove to be fleeting and to not file based on a fear that something could happen is silly.

My advice would be to file - but spend the money to talk to a lawyer to consider all angles.
@hil3182 - thank you for the useful post.

Are you aware of any flip sides of applying for AoS on I-140 from previous employer.

My concern is that the lawyer's advice may not be entirely honest as they stand to gain (fees) by recommending to apply.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshtoda View Post
Are you aware of any flip sides of applying for AoS on I-140 from previous employer.
I think we have established above that you cannot use one employers I-140 to file AoS with a different employer - as things stand right now.

However, you can return (or plan to return) to I-140 sponsor right now under the below operating principle which you quoted:
Quote:
But as DMX17 said in few posts before:
“One can use the previous employer I-140 to file I-485 if the I-140 job offer is still valid and your intent to work for the sponsor (previous employer) must also be bona fide.”
The situation where you return (or plan to return) to the I-140 sponsor is tricky and you need a good lawyer to give you advice. We aren't in the business of vetting lawyers, so you will have to do your own research (as you should always do regardless of what any lawyer might say on his/her forum or website).

Regarding lawyers honesty, you will just have to use your common sense as with any other business transaction.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
keshtoda is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
I think we have established above that you cannot use one employers I-140 to file AoS with a different employer - as things stand right now.

However, you can return (or plan to return) to I-140 sponsor right now under the below operating principle which you quoted:

The situation where you return (or plan to return) to the I-140 sponsor is tricky and you need a good lawyer to give you advice. We aren't in the business of vetting lawyers, so you will have to do your own research (as you should always do regardless of what any lawyer might say on his/her forum or website).

Regarding lawyers honesty, you will just have to use your common sense as with any other business transaction.
Thanks for the input. Appreciate it.

This involves significant investment on my part (attorney and USCIS fees) but more importantly I would like to be sure this won't jeopardize anything else.

Attorney consultation sounds like a good start. Thanks again.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Fyi....no other news yet....
Greg Siskind on Immigration Law and Policy | Is USCIS Considering Re-Issuing October Visa Bulletin With Earlier Filing Dates?

Old 09-24-2015, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

wtf?

Old 09-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tpathrose is on a distinguished road
Default Hope it does not come true

This is heartbreaking.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Oct_31 is on a distinguished road

Lets not jump our guns till we hear it from horse's mouth (@USCIS in this case)..

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold
Default Admin please suggest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oct_31 View Post
Lets not jump our guns till we hear it from horse's mouth (@USCIS in this case)..
Is it possible that admin can suggest any short term campaigns (Social Media Campaign or email campaign) to USCIS and DOS before it is too late. There is a chance of Govt Shutdown also, hence "before it is too late".

Old 09-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Why would we do media campaign on something that is still called a rumor?

Old 09-24-2015, 06:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Why would we do media campaign on something that is still called a rumor?
Just to make sure, it stays as Rumor and there is nothing to panic about.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchungry View Post
Just to make sure, it stays as Rumor and there is nothing to panic about.
Till you get to know from official sources all these cant go beyond rumors . Wait till then before panicking

Old 09-25-2015, 06:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchungry View Post
Is it possible that admin can suggest any short term campaigns (Social Media Campaign or email campaign) to USCIS and DOS before it is too late. There is a chance of Govt Shutdown also, hence "before it is too late".
Let's wait and don't do anything stupid this is not even confirmed. Lawyers and companies are in panic mode. Lawyers are using Twitter as a tool for rumors to stop this. My company a billion dollar Company is asking people to sign a contract of 4 years or pay fees for i140 and i485 if we leave before 4 years and they are asking us to sign it now!!! we are waiting for i485 budget approval and they are forcing us to do it. Don't fall for this lawyer bullshit and don't be gullible like the people on Twitter.They think lawsuits might stop it and they lawyer in California is fueling this even more.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Just so people know all these contracts don't stand in court these are just scare tactics used by companies. This is called bonded slavery.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
wtf?
This is crazy. We just got our all our paperwork done in time for October submission. I seriously hope they reconsider. what happens to people like us who will file on Oct 1?

Old 09-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd052011 View Post
This is crazy. We just got our all our paperwork done in time for October submission. I seriously hope they reconsider. what happens to people like us who will file on Oct 1?
Not official news. At this point, nothing more than just a rumor started by the lawyer. For all we know officially, we file in october.

If his turns out to be wrong, people should give him the same kind of bad treatment as they give to IV.