Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2015, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bnaik is on a distinguished road

I just pulled up the October visa bulletin and seems like the Filing dates have been moved back.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about a major disappointment. Why did they create 2 categories, advance dates and issue bulletin if the dates were to be at 2009 for EB2I?

IV Admin, is there anything IV can help for people like us who have been dropped like hot potatoes?

Old 09-25-2015, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
karthik_kh is on a distinguished road

Have been following IV posts for a few months now.
But I gotta say this , all of IV efforts and advocacy meets do not even come close to the lobbying and money power of employers like Microsoft , google , facebook etc.
They are all lobbying for H1 visa increase but they do not want anything on the EB backlog side of things.
This latest goof up is a direct result of "lobbying" by employers with deep pockets.
This generation of H1ers might as well be the lost generation in terms of career growth and freedom of choice as far as employment goes.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Not official news. At this point, nothing more than just a rumor started by the lawyer. For all we know officially, we file in october.

If his turns out to be wrong, people should give him the same kind of bad treatment as they give to IV.
The news is true....see the new (and retrogressed) dates in revised Oct visa bulletin: http://travel.state.gov/content/visa...ober-2015.html

Old 10-02-2015, 02:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

When can we expect more fixes coming?
The one that was announced earlier regarding early filing I785. Does anyone know if we can expect more?

Old 10-02-2015, 05:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikastaneja View Post
When can we expect more fixes coming?
The one that was announced earlier regarding early filing I785. Does anyone know if we can expect more?
One of the blog said that AILA sent letter to USCIS to question USCIS regarding the new visa bulletin format and its impact on AC-21 extensions of H-1B, Child Status Protection Act situations to prevent age-out, whether medical examinations must be included in I-485, confirmation that concurrent filing is still available, length of EAD and AP validity, and whether AC-21 kicks in after 180 days of filing the I485.

AILA and immigration lawyers are trying very hard for government to NOT give EAD after I140 and to NOT let us change jobs after I140. It is reminding in a question format that AC21 kicks in 180 days after I485.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
One of the blog said that AILA sent letter to USCIS to question USCIS regarding the new visa bulletin format and its impact on AC-21 extensions of H-1B, Child Status Protection Act situations to prevent age-out, whether medical examinations must be included in I-485, confirmation that concurrent filing is still available, length of EAD and AP validity, and whether AC-21 kicks in after 180 days of filing the I485.

AILA and immigration lawyers are trying very hard for government to NOT give EAD after I140 and to NOT let us change jobs after I140. It is reminding in a question format that AC21 kicks in 180 days after I485.
Sorry, there has been so much going on, we have been unable to keep an eye on those crooks. Can you put up a link so we can take a look?

Thank you.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-02-2015, 07:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prasadjoglekar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Sorry, there has been so much going on, we have been unable to keep an eye on those crooks. Can you put up a link so we can take a look?

Thank you.
The blog appears to be this - I searched, so not first hand info. That's dated Sept 28.
Update on Visa Bulletin Fiasco AILA Gets Involved | ImmigrationGirl

The letter the blog references is here: AILA - AILA Urges Administration to Immediately Restore Original October Visa Bulletin

I read the letter, it doesn't seem to support the conclusion the blog has drawn; all AILA does is to call out that November EO announcements have yet to be implemented.

That's not to say there aren't other letters, but this isn't it.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
phoenixwings is on a distinguished road
Default i140 EAD

Hello Admins and Moderators,

Thank you for all the hard work you do for immigrants.

I would appreciate any update that you can give us on i140 EAD? We are in a precarious situation: L1B expiring in June 2016, and no H1B since 3 lotteries. We would have to leave the country in spite of having an approved i140.

The only hope we have is early AOS or i140 EAD. Can we still hope, or should we start packing.

Thanks for your response!

Old 10-02-2015, 10:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I have also given all hopes of this country's broken immigration system.
Apply PR to Australia, Canada. They are faster. My friends and cousins are earning much better than I'm here.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwings View Post
Hello Admins and Moderators,

Thank you for all the hard work you do for immigrants.

I would appreciate any update that you can give us on i140 EAD? We are in a precarious situation: L1B expiring in June 2016, and no H1B since 3 lotteries. We would have to leave the country in spite of having an approved i140.

The only hope we have is early AOS or i140 EAD. Can we still hope, or should we start packing.

Thanks for your response!
I am sorry. We had an understanding with the WH, but after this fiasco - who knows if they can follow through.

Our best best both for EB-2 with PD before 07/11 and everyone else relying on I-140 EAD + AP is to follow action items like animals next week to put maximum pressure on Admin to keep promises made to IV. That is one reason it is important to use the IV name - they made promises to IV. They need to know that all promised to IV need to be kept including I140-EAD + AP. That is why we feel so betrayed with this.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-02-2015, 11:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I am sorry. We had an understanding with the WH, but after this fiasco - who knows if they can follow through.

Our best best both for EB-2 with PD before 07/11 and everyone else relying on I-140 EAD + AP is to follow action items like animals next week to put maximum pressure on Admin to keep promises made to IV. That is one reason it is important to use the IV name - they made promises to IV. They need to know that all promised to IV need to be kept including I140-EAD + AP. That is why we feel so betrayed with this.
With the recent events, I don't think this govt. is worried about people like us, who are contributing to this economy.
My daughter is turning 9. I seriously need to think about my options now including applying to PR to Australia or Canada. My priority is to secure future of myself and my family rather than stuck in this hope...

I know the next reply would be something guiding me to go out of the country if I wish to....but saying that won't change the reality.

Also, I think this drama was a tactic to divert attention from real issue so that people forget about what President Obama mentioned in his executive action...

***Hopes are shattered***
:mad :

Old 10-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikastaneja View Post
With the recent events, I don't think this govt. is worried about people like us, who are contributing to this economy.
My daughter is turning 9. I seriously need to think about my options now including applying to PR to Australia or Canada. My priority is to secure future of myself and my family rather than stuck in this hope...

I know the next reply would be something guiding me to go out of the country if I wish to....but saying that won't change the reality.

Also, I think this drama was a tactic to divert attention from real issue so that people forget about what President Obama mentioned in his executive action...

***Hopes are shattered***
:mad :
Don't worry. We won't go down without a fight.

We are pretty tough. We aren't like lawyers who sweet talk you into accepting you fate.

Just be prepared for stepping out of your comfort zone to fight for your rights.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of

Quote:

Any reason for betrayal other than DACA/DAPA not going as expected by administration?

Old 10-03-2015, 02:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarang View Post
Any reason for betrayal other than DACA/DAPA not going as expected by administration?
This link hints why legal immigration is not important:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...immigration/:(