Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Announcement of the report with skilled immigration fixes expected today at 3pm (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096350-announcement-of-the-report-with-skilled-immigration-fixes-expected-today-at-3pm.html)

hil3182 10-02-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcdgc (Post 3591104)
One of the blog said that AILA sent letter to USCIS to question USCIS regarding the new visa bulletin format and its impact on AC-21 extensions of H-1B, Child Status Protection Act situations to prevent age-out, whether medical examinations must be included in I-485, confirmation that concurrent filing is still available, length of EAD and AP validity, and whether AC-21 kicks in after 180 days of filing the I485.

AILA and immigration lawyers are trying very hard for government to NOT give EAD after I140 and to NOT let us change jobs after I140. It is reminding in a question format that AC21 kicks in 180 days after I485. :mad::mad:

Sorry, there has been so much going on, we have been unable to keep an eye on those crooks. Can you put up a link so we can take a look?

Thank you.

prasadjoglekar 10-02-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3591111)
Sorry, there has been so much going on, we have been unable to keep an eye on those crooks. Can you put up a link so we can take a look?

Thank you.

The blog appears to be this - I searched, so not first hand info. That's dated Sept 28.
Update on Visa Bulletin Fiasco AILA Gets Involved | ImmigrationGirl

The letter the blog references is here: AILA - AILA Urges Administration to Immediately Restore Original October Visa Bulletin

I read the letter, it doesn't seem to support the conclusion the blog has drawn; all AILA does is to call out that November EO announcements have yet to be implemented.

That's not to say there aren't other letters, but this isn't it.

phoenixwings 10-02-2015 02:35 PM

i140 EAD

Hello Admins and Moderators,

Thank you for all the hard work you do for immigrants.

I would appreciate any update that you can give us on i140 EAD? We are in a precarious situation: L1B expiring in June 2016, and no H1B since 3 lotteries. We would have to leave the country in spite of having an approved i140. :(

The only hope we have is early AOS or i140 EAD. :(:( Can we still hope, or should we start packing. :(

Thanks for your response!

vikastaneja 10-02-2015 10:38 PM

I have also given all hopes of this country's broken immigration system.
Apply PR to Australia, Canada. They are faster. My friends and cousins are earning much better than I'm here.

hil3182 10-02-2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixwings (Post 3591201)
Hello Admins and Moderators,

Thank you for all the hard work you do for immigrants.

I would appreciate any update that you can give us on i140 EAD? We are in a precarious situation: L1B expiring in June 2016, and no H1B since 3 lotteries. We would have to leave the country in spite of having an approved i140. :(

The only hope we have is early AOS or i140 EAD. :(:( Can we still hope, or should we start packing. :(

Thanks for your response!

I am sorry. We had an understanding with the WH, but after this fiasco - who knows if they can follow through.

Our best best both for EB-2 with PD before 07/11 and everyone else relying on I-140 EAD + AP is to follow action items like animals next week to put maximum pressure on Admin to keep promises made to IV. That is one reason it is important to use the IV name - they made promises to IV. They need to know that all promised to IV need to be kept including I140-EAD + AP. That is why we feel so betrayed with this.

vikastaneja 10-02-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3591283)
I am sorry. We had an understanding with the WH, but after this fiasco - who knows if they can follow through.

Our best best both for EB-2 with PD before 07/11 and everyone else relying on I-140 EAD + AP is to follow action items like animals next week to put maximum pressure on Admin to keep promises made to IV. That is one reason it is important to use the IV name - they made promises to IV. They need to know that all promised to IV need to be kept including I140-EAD + AP. That is why we feel so betrayed with this.

With the recent events, I don't think this govt. is worried about people like us, who are contributing to this economy.
My daughter is turning 9. I seriously need to think about my options now including applying to PR to Australia or Canada. My priority is to secure future of myself and my family rather than stuck in this hope...

I know the next reply would be something guiding me to go out of the country if I wish to....but saying that won't change the reality.

Also, I think this drama was a tactic to divert attention from real issue so that people forget about what President Obama mentioned in his executive action...

***Hopes are shattered***
:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused::mad ::mad::mad:

hil3182 10-02-2015 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikastaneja (Post 3591284)
With the recent events, I don't think this govt. is worried about people like us, who are contributing to this economy.
My daughter is turning 9. I seriously need to think about my options now including applying to PR to Australia or Canada. My priority is to secure future of myself and my family rather than stuck in this hope...

I know the next reply would be something guiding me to go out of the country if I wish to....but saying that won't change the reality.

Also, I think this drama was a tactic to divert attention from real issue so that people forget about what President Obama mentioned in his executive action...

***Hopes are shattered***
:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused::mad ::mad::mad:

Don't worry. We won't go down without a fight.

We are pretty tough. We aren't like lawyers who sweet talk you into accepting you fate.

Just be prepared for stepping out of your comfort zone to fight for your rights.

Tarang 10-02-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3591283)

Any reason for betrayal other than DACA/DAPA not going as expected by administration?

vikastaneja 10-03-2015 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarang (Post 3591288)
Any reason for betrayal other than DACA/DAPA not going as expected by administration?

This link hints why legal immigration is not important:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...immigration/:( :confused: :mad:

vikastaneja 10-03-2015 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikastaneja (Post 3591295)
This link hints why legal immigration is not important:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...immigration/:( :confused: :mad:

Sorry for broken link:
White House Reveals End Game for Massive Immigration - Breitbart

vikastaneja 10-09-2015 01:16 PM

Seems like our and IV efforts have no effect. Nov visa bulletin has no change in the 797 filing dates for EB India.

vikastaneja 10-09-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikastaneja (Post 3592022)
Seems like our and IV efforts have no effect. Nov visa bulletin has no change in the 797 filing dates for EB India.

Errata: I485 filing date :mad:

stuckinline 10-09-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikastaneja (Post 3592022)

What exactly did you do for IV? Did you go to DC? Are you a member of any state chapter? Have you tried to get any sponsors for HR.213?

You and me (to be honest) are just spectators - watching IV hoping they will do something for us.

They tried their best, they even got the dates moved - but at the last moment it got overriden by DHS. IV are currently doing their best to reverse it.

None of us have a right to complain to IV about this. If anything we should be complaining about the DHS, the lawyers and even us for not participating.

vikastaneja 10-09-2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckinline (Post 3592036)
What exactly did you do for IV? Did you go to DC? Are you a member of any state chapter? Have you tried to get any sponsors for HR.213?

You and me (to be honest) are just spectators - watching IV hoping they will do something for us.

They tried their best, they even got the dates moved - but at the last moment it got overriden by DHS. IV are currently doing their best to reverse it.

None of us have a right to complain to IV about this. If anything we should be complaining about the DHS, the lawyers and even us for not participating.

I am sorry, did I complained? It is probably in your mind that I did.
Just for an info - I don't know what is your meaning of being a member, but I am participating to my best in the activities like sending flowers, making calls, etc. For sure, you have just committed that you don't participate in that.

Frankly, your response was rude...

Again, I didn't complained...