Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Announcement of the report with skilled immigration fixes expected today at 3pm (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096350-announcement-of-the-report-with-skilled-immigration-fixes-expected-today-at-3pm.html)

hil3182 07-15-2015 04:00 PM

It isn't as bad as it looks.

The report needs to be read in conjunction with the information the WH shared with us earlier (and we shared with you on 05/06 on FB).

anshu 07-15-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anshu (Post 3588455)
Hi hope????, and of the "Babaji ka Thullu"

I like Mr. Bush, one shot in 2007 clear everything, not like Obama. What the hack modernization of visa bulletin and stuff. Bullshit ideas.

skrovvidi 07-15-2015 04:06 PM

Could someone provide a clear picture?
What are the next steps?
Does Obama plan to get this through Congress vs EO?

hil3182 07-15-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anshu (Post 3588457)
I like Mr. Bush, one shot in 2007 clear everything, not like Obama. What the hack modernization of visa bulletin and stuff. Bullshit ideas.

He has to go through the process it or he will be sued. Bush didn't have that constraint when he made everyone current.

This is a much tougher environment.

anshu 07-15-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skrovvidi (Post 3588458)
Could someone provide a clear picture?
What are the next steps?
Does Obama plan to get this through Congress vs EO?

Even WH don't know next plan so other people how can explain you?

whiteStallion 07-15-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3588456)
It isn't as bad as it looks.

The report needs to be read in conjunction with the information the WH shared with us earlier (and we shared with you on 05/06 on FB).

Can you please interpret the Report into previously widely publicized items on this board like allowing I140-EAD, Visa Bulletin being adjusted for filing AOS for vast majority of folks etc ? The report verbiage is vague and leaves a lot to interpretation of what are the actionable results of the initiatives mentioned.

neodyn55 07-15-2015 04:15 PM

Actually, I'm really bothered that there's nothing in this report that hints about job mobility and improved handling of job changes, nothing that ties back to the proposed rule making by DSH (EAD + AP after I-140).

I would think that's a serious omission. Can someone from IV explain? If this is the be-all and end-all of reports, why is this not put down plainly? They've specifically called out H4 work authorization.

Does the omission tie into potential inaction on the proposed rule making for I-140 EAD/AP?

ynrao24 07-15-2015 04:16 PM

Nothing new..

Still didn't understand why IV asked to have documents ready

dipdowndust 07-15-2015 04:20 PM

This update is like your manager writing a nice review for you and what future plans he has for you .... BUT BUT.. at the end he says SORRY this time no raise for you... but Hey keep up the good work... we really appreciate it !!!

People who are stuck in backlog their prime time is already ruined and no government or anybody is going to do anything for them...!! Like it or not but thats the truth... All changes which happens may help future generation.

Its impressive that EAD for H4 is done and I think that enough change for this decade :)

Sorry guys for being negative .... but its been over 10 yrs and counting.

gcboy12h 07-15-2015 04:25 PM

Lol we waited for this garbage for this long?

anshu 07-15-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3588459)
He has to go through the process it or he will be sued. Bush didn't have that constraint when he made everyone current.

This is a much tougher environment.

Even Obama administration go though process maximum they provide EAD+AP like Buch, not more that because Obama, Manmohan bhai bhai no power:eek:

DMX17 07-15-2015 04:27 PM

Although most points were already shared by IV, it's good that it's on official paper. Cheers!

Can Hil/Rupen/Adminstrator2/Sengs provide some further insight?

1) Is below excerpt the reason we still expect visa bulletin dates to move forward? If so, looks like there will be forward movement but how much? 1 year?

"Recommendation 1: Update the monthly Visa Bulletin. Later this year, State, in consultation with DHS, will revise the monthly Visa Bulletin to better estimate immigrant visa availability for prospective applicants, providing needed predictability to nonimmigrant workers seeking permanent residency. The revisions will help ensure that the maximum number of available visas is issued every year, while also minimizing the potential for visa retrogression.26 These changes will further allow more individuals seeking LPR status to work, change jobs, and accept promotions. By increasing efficiency in visa issuance, individuals and their families who are already on the path to becoming LPRs will have increased security that they can stay in the United States, set down roots, and more confidently seek out opportunities to build lives in our country.
Recommendation 2: Refine monthly allocation of visas. State will increase monthly visa allocation totals during the first three quarters of the fiscal year to the degree permitted by law in order to ensure that fewer numbers are left for the final quarter, thereby ensuring that visa numbers issued are as closely aligned with statutory mandates as possible."

2) It also appears that the employee will be free after 1 year of I-140 approval, which contradicts with what we asked for (no wait time). Please confirm.

IS there a way the community/we can help speed up the rule making?

ankur_shah2982 07-15-2015 04:32 PM

I think there will be early AOS but no recapture.

Now the question is by how much?I think looks like max 6 months to 1 year.

hil3182 07-15-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMX17 (Post 3588467)
1) Is below excerpt the reason we still expect visa bulletin dates to move forward? If so, looks like there will be forward movement but how much? 1 year?

Substantially more than a year and if you look at the language - it won't retrogress.

Quote:

2) It also appears that the employee will be free after 1 year of I-140 approval, which contradicts with what we asked for (no wait time). Please confirm.
Another good observation. For this and the lack of early AoS please feel free to go after the Idiots on other fora who:
  1. Tweeted for I140EAD when we explicitly empathized AoS.
  2. Sent in letters suggesting that a 1 year wait was appropriate.

Quote:

IS there a way the community/we can help speed up the rule making?
If there is we will come up with an action item. In the absence of an action item, please sit tight. Anything that you might do will most like hurt more than help us.

hil3182 07-15-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3588469)
Substantially more than a year and if you look at the language - it won't retrogress.

Another good observation. For this and the lack of early AoS please feel free to go after the Idiots on other fora who:
  1. Tweeted for I140EAD when we explicitly empathized AoS.
  2. Sent in letters suggesting that a 1 year wait was appropriate.

If there is we will come up with an action item. In the absence of an action item, please sit tight. Anything that you might do will most like hurt more than help us.

To clarify, we haven't given up on early AoS. The WH continues to talk to us and this matter will continue to be pursued.

Just because it isn't explicitly mentioned in the report, doesn't mean it isn't happening - this could just be a lawsuit reduction strategy.