Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2015, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

It isn't as bad as it looks.

The report needs to be read in conjunction with the information the WH shared with us earlier (and we shared with you on 05/06 on FB).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anshu is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu View Post
Hi hope????, and of the "Babaji ka Thullu"
I like Mr. Bush, one shot in 2007 clear everything, not like Obama. What the hack modernization of visa bulletin and stuff. Bullshit ideas.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrovvidi is on a distinguished road

Could someone provide a clear picture?
What are the next steps?
Does Obama plan to get this through Congress vs EO?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu View Post
I like Mr. Bush, one shot in 2007 clear everything, not like Obama. What the hack modernization of visa bulletin and stuff. Bullshit ideas.
He has to go through the process it or he will be sued. Bush didn't have that constraint when he made everyone current.

This is a much tougher environment.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrovvidi View Post
Could someone provide a clear picture?
What are the next steps?
Does Obama plan to get this through Congress vs EO?
Even WH don't know next plan so other people how can explain you?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
It isn't as bad as it looks.

The report needs to be read in conjunction with the information the WH shared with us earlier (and we shared with you on 05/06 on FB).
Can you please interpret the Report into previously widely publicized items on this board like allowing I140-EAD, Visa Bulletin being adjusted for filing AOS for vast majority of folks etc ? The report verbiage is vague and leaves a lot to interpretation of what are the actionable results of the initiatives mentioned.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, I'm really bothered that there's nothing in this report that hints about job mobility and improved handling of job changes, nothing that ties back to the proposed rule making by DSH (EAD + AP after I-140).

I would think that's a serious omission. Can someone from IV explain? If this is the be-all and end-all of reports, why is this not put down plainly? They've specifically called out H4 work authorization.

Does the omission tie into potential inaction on the proposed rule making for I-140 EAD/AP?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ynrao24 is infamous around these parts

Nothing new..

Still didn't understand why IV asked to have documents ready

Old 07-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute

This update is like your manager writing a nice review for you and what future plans he has for you .... BUT BUT.. at the end he says SORRY this time no raise for you... but Hey keep up the good work... we really appreciate it !!!

People who are stuck in backlog their prime time is already ruined and no government or anybody is going to do anything for them...!! Like it or not but thats the truth... All changes which happens may help future generation.

Its impressive that EAD for H4 is done and I think that enough change for this decade

Sorry guys for being negative .... but its been over 10 yrs and counting.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcboy12h is on a distinguished road

Lol we waited for this garbage for this long?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
He has to go through the process it or he will be sued. Bush didn't have that constraint when he made everyone current.

This is a much tougher environment.
Even Obama administration go though process maximum they provide EAD+AP like Buch, not more that because Obama, Manmohan bhai bhai no power

Old 07-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Although most points were already shared by IV, it's good that it's on official paper. Cheers!

Can Hil/Rupen/Adminstrator2/Sengs provide some further insight?

1) Is below excerpt the reason we still expect visa bulletin dates to move forward? If so, looks like there will be forward movement but how much? 1 year?

"Recommendation 1: Update the monthly Visa Bulletin. Later this year, State, in consultation with DHS, will revise the monthly Visa Bulletin to better estimate immigrant visa availability for prospective applicants, providing needed predictability to nonimmigrant workers seeking permanent residency. The revisions will help ensure that the maximum number of available visas is issued every year, while also minimizing the potential for visa retrogression.26 These changes will further allow more individuals seeking LPR status to work, change jobs, and accept promotions. By increasing efficiency in visa issuance, individuals and their families who are already on the path to becoming LPRs will have increased security that they can stay in the United States, set down roots, and more confidently seek out opportunities to build lives in our country.
Recommendation 2: Refine monthly allocation of visas. State will increase monthly visa allocation totals during the first three quarters of the fiscal year to the degree permitted by law in order to ensure that fewer numbers are left for the final quarter, thereby ensuring that visa numbers issued are as closely aligned with statutory mandates as possible."

2) It also appears that the employee will be free after 1 year of I-140 approval, which contradicts with what we asked for (no wait time). Please confirm.

IS there a way the community/we can help speed up the rule making?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ankur_shah2982 is on a distinguished road

I think there will be early AOS but no recapture.

Now the question is by how much?I think looks like max 6 months to 1 year.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
1) Is below excerpt the reason we still expect visa bulletin dates to move forward? If so, looks like there will be forward movement but how much? 1 year?
Substantially more than a year and if you look at the language - it won't retrogress.

Quote:
2) It also appears that the employee will be free after 1 year of I-140 approval, which contradicts with what we asked for (no wait time). Please confirm.
Another good observation. For this and the lack of early AoS please feel free to go after the Idiots on other fora who:
  1. Tweeted for I140EAD when we explicitly empathized AoS.
  2. Sent in letters suggesting that a 1 year wait was appropriate.

Quote:
IS there a way the community/we can help speed up the rule making?
If there is we will come up with an action item. In the absence of an action item, please sit tight. Anything that you might do will most like hurt more than help us.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Substantially more than a year and if you look at the language - it won't retrogress.

Another good observation. For this and the lack of early AoS please feel free to go after the Idiots on other fora who:
  1. Tweeted for I140EAD when we explicitly empathized AoS.
  2. Sent in letters suggesting that a 1 year wait was appropriate.

If there is we will come up with an action item. In the absence of an action item, please sit tight. Anything that you might do will most like hurt more than help us.
To clarify, we haven't given up on early AoS. The WH continues to talk to us and this matter will continue to be pursued.

Just because it isn't explicitly mentioned in the report, doesn't mean it isn't happening - this could just be a lawsuit reduction strategy.