Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Announcement of the report with skilled immigration fixes expected today at 3pm (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096350-announcement-of-the-report-with-skilled-immigration-fixes-expected-today-at-3pm.html)

hil3182 07-15-2015 04:43 PM

Please post your questionn

There is understandably a lot of confusion (and disappointment) about the Report from the WH.

Please post your questions below and we will try to answer them over the next few days. Try to keep your questions brief, to the point and please check to see if someone has asked the question before you.

Thank you.

ynrao24 07-15-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3588471)
There is understandably a lot of confusion (and disappointment) about the Report from the WH.

Please post your questions below and we will try to answer them over the next few days. Try to keep your questions brief, to the point and please check to see if someone has asked the question before you.

Thank you.

Still didn't understand why IV asked to have documents ready

Suva 07-15-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3588471)

Thank you.

What does this mean "Substantially more than a year movement in visa bulletin"?

gten 07-15-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dipdowndust (Post 3588464)
This update is like your manager writing a nice review for you and what future plans he has for you .... BUT BUT.. at the end he says SORRY this time no raise for you... but Hey keep up the good work... we really appreciate it !!!

People who are stuck in backlog their prime time is already ruined and no government or anybody is going to do anything for them...!! Like it or not but thats the truth... All changes which happens may help future generation.

Its impressive that EAD for H4 is done and I think that enough change for this decade :)

Sorry guys for being negative .... but its been over 10 yrs and counting.

10 years.. It's not fair..Hang in there! almost there.

hopein2015 07-15-2015 04:49 PM

Papers Ready

IV asked us to have "Papers Ready". If this is just a report I don't understand why you asked us to have papers ready.

gten 07-15-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anshu (Post 3588466)
even obama administration go though process maximum they provide ead+ap like buch, not more that because obama, manmohan bhai bhai no power:eek:

y u no grammar?

amulchandra 07-15-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynrao24 (Post 3588472)
Still didn't understand why IV asked to have documents ready

I am wondering the same thing.

bnaik 07-15-2015 04:51 PM

• Further increase job flexibility by enabling individuals whose employment-sponsored
immigrant visa petitions have been approved for more than one year

Would this mean an approved I-140 with your current employer OR any prior approved I-140 with previous employers?

sengs 07-15-2015 04:55 PM

Confusions & Questions

We are analyzing the report now to get clear picture. We have similar questions as all of you have. WH is still talking to us regarding the final implementation of this report. So I guess this is a framework based on which they will implement. As hil3182 said, please let us know your questions - and we will try to answer them as much as we can.

1) Please try to be as precise as possible.
2) Please check if anyone else has asked the same question before.
3) Please restrain yourself from taking any action items as some of these tweets and emails have hurt a lot of our (that includes all of you) efforts. This is my personal request.

Thanks.

dkshitij 07-15-2015 04:57 PM

Crap just spins spins ...I hope that report was not crap

Chief34 07-15-2015 04:59 PM

The Get your papers ready message,it's just a heads up from IV. It was delivered with the expectation that if all the fixes that IV is asking for get through, then everyone is in a position to take advantage of the situation and file for AOS. There are no guarantees in life and definitely none in politics. This report is just a first step, and hopefully more positive changes will follow. The EO is one avenue to address our issues. There are other avenues as well, that are being worked on in parallel.
people are getting hung up on the wrong thing. "Why IV told us to get the papers ready..?". What does it hurt to have your documents ready..? I would think, it is better to have them ready beforehand rather than scrambling at the last minute.

sengs 07-15-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopein2015 (Post 3588475)
IV asked us to have "Papers Ready". If this is just a report I don't understand why you asked us to have papers ready.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amulchandra (Post 3588477)
I am wondering the same thing.

Depending on your PD you may be presently surprised. :)

sengs 07-15-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnaik (Post 3588478)
• Further increase job flexibility by enabling individuals whose employment-sponsored
immigrant visa petitions have been approved for more than one year

Would this mean an approved I-140 with your current employer OR any prior approved I-140 with previous employers?

My interpretation on this is - after 365 days of I-140 approval you are the owner of your I-140. Employer cannot revoke it anymore. If your previous employer has already revoked it, I don't think you'll be able to retrieve it. It will all be active after the rule is implemented.

dkshitij 07-15-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sengs (Post 3588482)
Depending on your PD you may be presently surprised. :)

Instead of talking in more cryptic tones why not say if YOU will be current by October bulletin?

On one hand the request is for precise questions. Where are the precise answers?

DMX17 07-15-2015 05:06 PM

Couple more question:
1) What is the best estimate for completing the rule making process to provide portable work authorization (EAD + AP) to approved I-140 beneficiaries per RIN: 1615-AC05? The NPRM is targeted in October 2015.
2) What does this mean?:
“Recommendation 4: Clarify and expand protections for employment-based immigrants and nonimmigrants.

Provide increased guidance on job flexibility provisions for H-1B workers seeking other H-1B employment, including changing jobs or employers; “