Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2015, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default Please post your questionn

There is understandably a lot of confusion (and disappointment) about the Report from the WH.

Please post your questions below and we will try to answer them over the next few days. Try to keep your questions brief, to the point and please check to see if someone has asked the question before you.

Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ynrao24 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
There is understandably a lot of confusion (and disappointment) about the Report from the WH.

Please post your questions below and we will try to answer them over the next few days. Try to keep your questions brief, to the point and please check to see if someone has asked the question before you.

Thank you.

Still didn't understand why IV asked to have documents ready

Old 07-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

Thank you.
What does this mean "Substantially more than a year movement in visa bulletin"?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdowndust View Post
This update is like your manager writing a nice review for you and what future plans he has for you .... BUT BUT.. at the end he says SORRY this time no raise for you... but Hey keep up the good work... we really appreciate it !!!

People who are stuck in backlog their prime time is already ruined and no government or anybody is going to do anything for them...!! Like it or not but thats the truth... All changes which happens may help future generation.

Its impressive that EAD for H4 is done and I think that enough change for this decade

Sorry guys for being negative .... but its been over 10 yrs and counting.
10 years.. It's not fair..Hang in there! almost there.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopein2015 is on a distinguished road
Default Papers Ready

IV asked us to have "Papers Ready". If this is just a report I don't understand why you asked us to have papers ready.

Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu View Post
even obama administration go though process maximum they provide ead+ap like buch, not more that because obama, manmohan bhai bhai no power
y u no grammar?

Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynrao24 View Post
Still didn't understand why IV asked to have documents ready
I am wondering the same thing.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bnaik is on a distinguished road

• Further increase job flexibility by enabling individuals whose employment-sponsored
immigrant visa petitions have been approved for more than one year

Would this mean an approved I-140 with your current employer OR any prior approved I-140 with previous employers?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road
Default Confusions & Questions

We are analyzing the report now to get clear picture. We have similar questions as all of you have. WH is still talking to us regarding the final implementation of this report. So I guess this is a framework based on which they will implement. As hil3182 said, please let us know your questions - and we will try to answer them as much as we can.

1) Please try to be as precise as possible.
2) Please check if anyone else has asked the same question before.
3) Please restrain yourself from taking any action items as some of these tweets and emails have hurt a lot of our (that includes all of you) efforts. This is my personal request.

Thanks.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute

Crap just spins spins ...I hope that report was not crap

Old 07-15-2015, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Chief34 is on a distinguished road

The Get your papers ready message,it's just a heads up from IV. It was delivered with the expectation that if all the fixes that IV is asking for get through, then everyone is in a position to take advantage of the situation and file for AOS. There are no guarantees in life and definitely none in politics. This report is just a first step, and hopefully more positive changes will follow. The EO is one avenue to address our issues. There are other avenues as well, that are being worked on in parallel.
people are getting hung up on the wrong thing. "Why IV told us to get the papers ready..?". What does it hurt to have your documents ready..? I would think, it is better to have them ready beforehand rather than scrambling at the last minute.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopein2015 View Post
IV asked us to have "Papers Ready". If this is just a report I don't understand why you asked us to have papers ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
I am wondering the same thing.
Depending on your PD you may be presently surprised.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
• Further increase job flexibility by enabling individuals whose employment-sponsored
immigrant visa petitions have been approved for more than one year

Would this mean an approved I-140 with your current employer OR any prior approved I-140 with previous employers?
My interpretation on this is - after 365 days of I-140 approval you are the owner of your I-140. Employer cannot revoke it anymore. If your previous employer has already revoked it, I don't think you'll be able to retrieve it. It will all be active after the rule is implemented.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Depending on your PD you may be presently surprised.
Instead of talking in more cryptic tones why not say if YOU will be current by October bulletin?

On one hand the request is for precise questions. Where are the precise answers?

Old 07-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Couple more question:
1) What is the best estimate for completing the rule making process to provide portable work authorization (EAD + AP) to approved I-140 beneficiaries per RIN: 1615-AC05? The NPRM is targeted in October 2015.
2) What does this mean?:
“Recommendation 4: Clarify and expand protections for employment-based immigrants and nonimmigrants.

Provide increased guidance on job flexibility provisions for H-1B workers seeking other H-1B employment, including changing jobs or employers; “