Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2015, 03:25 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

That answered all my questions/concerns.
Thank you admin

I think a lot of people are negative on this report (and initially I was too) but I think the negativity stems from the "I want it now!!!" section of the brain. Looking at it from a larger perspective, in the next 2 years we pretty much have a LOT of things solved that will make waiting in line a lot easier. Except for the actual green card of course .

I suppose the focus now is making sure these recommendations are implemented.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Check the first page of this thread to get more clarifications . Also, visit Immigration voice facebook page for regular updates

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 07-16-2015, 09:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nid15 is on a distinguished road
Default Paapad tod pehelvaan

All the people who are crying and cribbing about IV/Report are what we call "paapad tod pehelvaan" in hindi. Literally translated "Wrestler who can only break papadum" These folks only have guts to pick up a fight online where they know there are no real consequences. That too with someone like IV who is trying to help. If you are so gutsy, why don't you walk up to the whitehouse and setup a tent like the anti-war lady who has been there for decades or at-least walk up to your senators office and "demand" your so called rights!!! Besides IV, do you have any other option . These are the kind of people who sit with a begging bowl and a large dose of self pity waiting for someone to throw a crumb on their plate.

If you are lucky to have your birth certificate in order, good for you. Ask people who had to go through RFE's because of the birth certificate. It can easily take 6 months or more and possibly a trip to India to get these in order. So yes, I am glad IV gave a heads up for the documents.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bnaik is on a distinguished road

Question to Admin about the proposed job portability rule:

On the day the rule is passed, say the current employer is in the middle of processing your green card or has not started the process yet....but luckily you have an approved I-140 from your previous employer (approved for more than 1 year & has not been revoked & is still perfectly valid). Would you be able to use the previous I-140 for job mobility?

Old 07-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Most people don't realize why this report is a big deal, but when you think about it, it is obvious.

The President of the the United States has acknowledged our problems and has publicly ordered DHS, DoS and DoL - three huge federal bureaucracies to deal with our concerns.

This is also a big deal to us as an organization. We have been pushing for these fixes for years. To people stuck in backlog, the problems are obvious and the fixes easy - but let me assure you that there is no shortage of obvious problems in this country with easy fixes - that will never ever get fixed. Getting anything done in Government is hard. Very very hard. And we had exactly zero "allies" in this battle.

That is why to see a document from no less than the President of the United States ordering several large agencies to get their act together and fix our problems to the maximal extent allowed within the law - is a big deal to us. If you are suffering under the backlog - it should be a big deal to you too.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
Question to Admin about the proposed job portability rule:

On the day the rule is passed, say the current employer is in the middle of processing your green card or has not started the process yet....but luckily you have an approved I-140 from your previous employer (approved for more than 1 year & has not been revoked & is still perfectly valid). Would you be able to use the previous I-140 for job mobility?
We did raise this issue, but last I heard they told us that it "was so far out in the weeds" that we would have to wait for the final rule.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of
Default Ease of Travel

In this new report, can someone clarify on the travel part, does this simplify travel in any way--Like currently you have to wait for secondary inspection on advance parole and cannot get tsa cleared if you do not have a gc. Does it all get easier?
Cheers
Shining

Old 07-16-2015, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unbeatensujoy is on a distinguished road
Default Do these fixes needs to go through Rule making Process?

Do these fixes needs to go through Rule making Process or publishing a Memo will work?

what is the timeline for these fixes? (assuming these are different from the I140EAD-AP Fix)

Old 07-16-2015, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
xs2sharad is just really nice xs2sharad is just really nice xs2sharad is just really nice xs2sharad is just really nice
Default Thanks so much IV for answering the questions

It was a bit confusing and I believe I had some confusion but at the same time trust in this forum. Here is to the great work with IV.. Contributing and putting our effort together can solve the issues. Hope for HR 213!!!!!!!!

You just completed your payment.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 8397316622777503T.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unbeatensujoy is on a distinguished road
Default Visa Bulletin Movement

Also what is tweak in calculation which will make the visa bulletin movement significant?

Old 07-16-2015, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bnaik is on a distinguished road

Question to admin:

The report talks about 2 things towards visa modernization efforts i.e "Updating the monthly visa bulletin" & "Refining monthly allocation of visas" in addition to the technology improvements that is supposed to improve efficiency.

But this does not change the current cap numbers, they need to still work within those numbers. What kind of improvements within the agencies would suddenly make it possible to significantly start moving visa dates from October and avoid retrogression?

Would this just be a supply/demand strategy change of moving the dates early during the first three quarters of year and keeping them steady later or is there going to be an influx of new visas numbers from somewhere?

Unless there is a wastage of significant visas today, what kind of improvements would suddenly allow more number of people file for green cards?

IV your insights into this would be highly appreciated.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:45 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeatensujoy View Post
Also what is tweak in calculation which will make the visa bulletin movement significant?
There is so much 'bad' influence of the data by all these prediction websites. As we have said in the past stop wasting time on them because they will never be accurate predictions because of the nature of this animal. It is just a way for some websites to get more traffic and business. Focus on policy changes instead.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 07-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I think this is one of the most important scenarios related to the I-140 EAD/AP rule.

Scenario:
- Employer A I-140 is approved let’s say in May 2015
- I resign now and join Employer B but the Employer A agrees to not revoke/cancel the I-140
- I-140 EAD/AP Rule is implemented let’s say in June 2016

Can I tell employer B that all they need to do now is an H1 transfer “just this one-time” and they do not have to start the GC process again since in June 2016 I own an approved I-140 albeit from my previous employer A?

If we can get some inside info on this scenario, this could potentially free up a lot of people now. I know it’s almost impossible to get this “assurance” however.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tginnj is on a distinguished road
Default grade period after job loss on H1

there was some language in the report on a certain grace period after job loss on H1 ...any pointers on what and how long that period could be?

Old 07-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrovvidi is on a distinguished road

My I-140 is in process with current employer and my PD is November 2014. The clause "more than an year with I-140" wouldn't work for me if I want to change employer
Is there a way to remove this condition in the Final rule?