Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2015, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrovvidi View Post
My I-140 is in process with current employer and my PD is November 2014. The clause "more than an year with I-140" wouldn't work for me if I want to change employer
Is there a way to remove this condition in the Final rule?
Thanks to all the tweets, we got screwd!

I think it is in your interest to premium process the I-140. Keep in mind the rule is expected in March-April 2016 at best and at that time you will almost be ready!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrovvidi is on a distinguished road

Hello DMX17,
The 1 year clause is disappointing. I have filed I-140 in Premium to coincide with my H1 extension. My intension is to get 3 year extension with an approved I-140.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Question: Any update on "Pre-register" after 1-140 ? Is that completely DEAD?
IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer: Please STOP calling it preregister and EAD For I140. You and others dont know, but using these terms abd repeatedly asking the same question over and over again has severely affect your chance of filing AOS
These are new fixes, in addition to EAD for I140. EAD for I140 is no good without these fixes.
===
Admin,
Can we expect anything around filing for I-485 when priority dates are not current? Or was that a gross misunderstanding? In the recent past, this was being referred to with terms like a "per-register" and "early AOS" etc.

(This would help folks who filed their I-485 back in Sept 2007 and then got married. Consequently haven't been able to file dependent I-485 since dates never got current for EB3-I)

Old 07-16-2015, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ynrao24 is infamous around these parts

This report is crap, no timelines no clear details. Just they want play with people emotions and they succeeded...

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road
Question Question

Admins,

When we were advocating for EAD for I140, I remember that we were also pushing for Advance Parole (AP) along with that. So that we can travel to India/Home country without having to go for Visa stamping and then run into delays or rejection. Is Advance Parole for people with approved I140 (even if minimum 1 year) still in cards? Is there going to be any relief on travelling?

Thanks.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ankur_shah2982 is on a distinguished road
Default Action to do for Early AOS when PD not current

IV, we understand due to concerns of lawsuit Administration did not pursue early EOS as they did on July 2007.But let us know if we can do anything to make that possible.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ynrao24 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
We have said this before, but some folks keep asking the same question again.

The original plan was to make VB current for the month of July. That is why we provides heads up to folks to get papers ready.

Subsequently, because of the EAD for H4 lawsuit, Administration was concerned about a possible lawsuit for making Vb current. dropped the plan for making VB current. So there was change of plan.

In retrospect we did the right thing for sharing what was going on then. If you got papers ready, that will not hurt anyone, you will need them at some point. Many folks will soon be able to use the documents in October.

lol...

#EpicFailureonMay05
#RelievetheEpicFailureonJuly15

Old 07-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I think this is one of the most important scenarios related to the I-140 EAD/AP rule.

Scenario:
- Employer A I-140 is approved let’s say in May 2015
- I resign now and join Employer B but the Employer A agrees to not revoke/cancel the I-140
- I-140 EAD/AP Rule is implemented let’s say in June 2016

Can I tell employer B that all they need to do now is an H1 transfer “just this one-time” and they do not have to start the GC process again since in June 2016 I own an approved I-140 albeit from my previous employer A?

If we can get some inside info on this scenario, this could potentially free up a lot of people now. I know it’s almost impossible to get this “assurance” however.
Making any kind of assumptions about anything about anything other than "vanilla" I-140EAD+AP is dangerous.

When we have more info about the edge cases, we will release it (there is no real reason to keep it confidential), but make assumptions about it at your own peril.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynrao24 View Post
This report is crap,
Please tell that to your employer and ask them to stand up for your (employee) interests and genuinely advocate for it with your local lawmakers.

Likewise ask your lawyer to help your interests.

Quote:
no timelines no clear details.
Tell the white house to employ you. You are the best project manager they can have

Quote:
Just they want play with people emotions and they succeeded...
Oh poor baby. You are so emotional and weak.

Quote:
This report is crap, no timelines no clear details. Just they want play with people emotions and they succeeded...
So I guess you are planning on quitting and leaving the country? You seem so disgusted with the whole immigration system? I really hope they implement the top class quality government system of your country here.

Dude/ Dudette this is a joke post so do not take it personally. Enjoy your day and do not feel down.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pari1234 is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_walker333 View Post
Admins,

When we were advocating for EAD for I140, I remember that we were also pushing for Advance Parole (AP) along with that. So that we can travel to India/Home country without having to go for Visa stamping and then run into delays or rejection. Is Advance Parole for people with approved I140 (even if minimum 1 year) still in cards? Is there going to be any relief on travelling?

Thanks.
I have the same question to administrators... It is very important to have AP along with EAD for approved I-140..

Old 07-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol...

#EpicFailureonMay05
#RelievetheEpicFailureonJuly15

So are you a lawyer who is being happy that IV "failed" ? Or a company owner who is happy that people aren't being able to change jobs..

Because if you were a common man stuck in backlog, you would help IV and not "LOL" on their "failure"

But I suspect you would rather want to get stuck and rot in this backlog than coming forward and helping.

Get real!

Old 07-16-2015, 12:06 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_shah2982 View Post
IV, we understand due to concerns of lawsuit Administration did not pursue early EOS as they did on July 2007.But let us know if we can do anything to make that possible.
I think there are some hidden signals that IV is not telling everyone. The plan is to advance dates a lot by October. To Help EB3 India, they are making EB3 ROW current due to low demand, and give all spillover visas to India EB3. This is a gamechanger for EB3 India because this is as per law and does not invite any lawsuit. It is better than a spillover rule change. I think this is why we should not do prediction anymore because the laws of physics are thrown out of the door now.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:08 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhakaldoo View Post
So are you a lawyer who is being happy that IV "failed" ? Or a company owner who is happy that people aren't being able to change jobs..

Because if you were a common man stuck in backlog, you would help IV and not "LOL" on their "failure"

But I suspect you would rather want to get stuck and rot in this backlog than coming forward and helping.

Get real!
Or he already has a greencard and does not want anyone after him get a greencard. He fears competition for himself and his children if more immigrants come.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pari1234 View Post
I have the same question to administrators... It is very important to have AP along with EAD for approved I-140..
AP is there for sure.

The thing that's missing is Early AoS - which is the mother of all fixes- but thanks to some retards on twitter got screwed up.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pari1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, we asked for it. But some idiots kept on "tweeting" that they wanted to wait 1 year "ONLY". We kept on asking not to tweet the wrong message, but some people just don't learn, don't they?
Folks... before you take any action or demand for something, Please check twice what you are asking for.... Please help IV correctly to help us.