Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Announcement of the report with skilled immigration fixes expected today at 3pm (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096350-announcement-of-the-report-with-skilled-immigration-fixes-expected-today-at-3pm.html)

Administrator2 07-15-2015 10:09 AM

Announcement of the report with skilled immigration fixes expected today at 3pm

This is regarding the positive announcement that was earlier expected to come out in May:
https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...11030932296465

This announcement was delayed due to technology implementation issues as we subsequently shared here:
https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...12722582127300

We are pleased to share that the specific positive announcement is expected to come today in the form of the report announcing new fixes. We have been working on these fixes for many years. This is the first time that fixes will be announced officially by the Administration. And we have a lot to be thankful for to the Obama Administration and the staff at White House, DHS, USCIS and State Department.

The report will also have technology piece incorporated. The content of the fixes in the report is expected to be the same. The announcement is expected around 3pm today. So please standby for the official announcement.

After the announcement, we will need all hands on the deck to help push for the early implementation of the fixes in the report.

Thank you,
Immigration Voice

Summary of new actions - Fact Sheet:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/def...ernization.pdf

Full report on Visa Modernization:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/def...on_report1.pdf

Focusing on Digital Services - Blog Post:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015...em-digital-age

PART 1. JULY 15, 2015 UPDATE & CLARIFICATIONS. PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE THIS SO THAT ALL CONFUSION CAN BE CLEARED ABOUT THE REPORT ON THE FORUMS.
Please continue to visit immigrationvoice.org and this page for more information and action items in the days to come.
======
Question: IV asked us to have "Papers Ready". If this is just a report I don't understand why you asked us to have papers ready.
IV's Answer: We have said this before, but some folks keep asking the same question again. The original plan was to make VB current for the month of July. That is why we provided heads up to folks to get papers ready. Subsequently, because of the EAD for H4 lawsuit, Administration was concerned about a possible lawsuit for making VB current. dropped the plan for making VB current. So there was change of plan. In retrospect we did the right thing for sharing what was going on then. If you got papers ready, that will not hurt anyone, you will need them at some point. Many folks will soon be able to use the documents in October.
======
Question: The report looks like a joke! No EAD for approved 140, no recapture..?
IVs Answer: Recapture?? Did anyone ever say that there will be recapture in this report?
======
Question: Although most points were already shared by IV, it's good that it's on official paper. Cheers!
It also appears that the employee will be free after 1 year of I-140 approval, which contradicts with what we asked for (no wait time). Please confirm.
IS there a way the community/we can help speed up the rule making?
IVs Answer: Yes, we asked for it. But some idiots kept on "tweeting" that they wanted to wait 1 year "ONLY". We kept on asking not to tweet the wrong message, but some people just don't learn, do they?
======
Question: Why does this report not contain EAD for I-140?
IVs Answer: This report is about new fixes. The goal is to make public the new fixes that the Administration plans to implement. Again, these are "NEW" fixes, in addition to the existing fixes that were announced earlier, including EAD for I-140.
Why this report is important?
Every one is so focused on EAD for I-140. But what good is EAD for I140 if you cannot change employers or jobs. Or if your employer revokes your I140, invalidating your I140, and thus EAD. What is the point of having an EAD, but having to start your green card process all over again if you change your employer or jobs. And what jobs can one change into using EAD for I140.
This report is an announcement for the fixes that will provide all these answers.
1.) Your employer will be unable to revoke your approved I140 after 1 year.
2.) You can change employer using EAD without having to start your green card process all over again.
3.) Using EAD for I140, you will now be able to change jobs as defined by Same or Similar
In essence, the fixes announced in this report are nuanced, but they will allow you to live with freedoms while on EAD, these freedoms you will otherwise get after getting green card.
Without these fixes, you are throw your EAD for I140 in the dustbin. That is the relevance of this report. Most people waiting in green cards is unable to complete understand the relevance of this report yet. But in time they will understand the relevance. That is why these are very very important fixes. EVERYONE in backlogs will be affected by this report.
Because of Visa Modernization, VB dates are expected to move significantly. That will allow a lot more folks to file for AOS. So if you have prepared your documents, then that is good because a lot of folks are expected to be able to to use them starting October.
Hope this clarifies the significance.
====
Question: It seems the purpose of today's report publication was more for rationalization of executive action. It doesn't do anything more than to provide justification for rules changes and relief being proposed by the administration. The target audience are the skeptics who are against any immigration changes.
I am guessing major movements towards actual implementation would be around the elections next year. Same goes for HR 213 which is waiting for the 2016 elections so the parties can influence voters.
But on the positive side, this is good for building momentum and there is nothing negative to suggest administration is going back on anything promised.
IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer: Lets put things in perspective and weigh things accordingly. This has nothing to do with the election or election outcome. We don't expect anyone to will win or lose elections because pending green card petition applicants will be able to change jobs, or, because H.R.213 will pass. So this has nothing to do with election. Amplifying or over-blowing this is not helpful. But it is also important to see things in the right prespective because this report makes nuanced but significant changes to the system on the group allowing job mobility to people.
=====
Question: Lastly and more worrisome: Right now, a worker's priority date is his/her to keep the minute after I-140 approval. Is the intent of the point in the report that it will now only be available 1 year after I-140 approval?
IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer: No, it means that after 1 year, you will not have to restart your green card process even if you change employer. You will be able to change employer and still continue with the same green card petition. And yes, you will still retain your priority date.
===
Question: Repeating my question from before . Actually, I'm really bothered that there's nothing in this report that hints about job mobility and improved handling of job changes, nothing that ties back to the proposed rule making by DSH (EAD + AP after I-140).
IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer: To the contrary, all the fixes in the report are designed to create an environment of job mobility for applicants with approved I-140. All these fixes are necessary in order to allow job mobility using EAD after I140.
The purpose of all these changes is to provide job mobility to applicants with approved I-140. You can even work for the current employer on EAD immediately after the approval of I-140. Infact, you will be able to change jobs using EAD from I-140, but your employer will have the ability to revoke your I-140 until 1 year. This means. if you have an understanding with the petitioning employer that they will not withdraw your I-140, then, after the implementation of these fixes, you will be able to change employer or jobs immediately after I-140 approval on EAD.
===

.PART 2. JULY 16, 2015 UPDATE & CLARIFICATIONS. PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE THIS SO THAT ALL CONFUSION CAN BE CLEARED ABOUT THE REPORT ON THE FORUMS.
Please continue to visit immigrationvoice.org and this page for more information and action items in the days to come.
======
Question: How will these fixes help me. When will I get my Green Card”
IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer: Most people probably dont understand the meaning of these fixes. That is why it doesnt sound appealing.
EAD for I140 is useless if you cant change job, or get promotion, or if your employer withdraws I140. These fixes make your EAD for I140 meaningful. Without these fixes, you can pretty much throw your EAD in the dustbin. With these fixes, you will be able to live on EAD nearly close to how you live with a green card. Hope this make sense and clarifies the reason for these fixes.
We understand that most immigrants are simple minded folks. Most of us think that if we have EAD, then that is good enough. But what if employer withdraws your 140, invalidating your EAD. What good is EAD if you cannot change employer without having to start your green card all over again. What good is EAD if you cannot use it to change job or employer, or take a promotion.
And this report ensures you have those rights that one otherwise would get with green card. There is no law that says you will get these freedoms with Green cards only. And theae fixes will ensure you are mostly free. Hope this explains why there is a gift of freedom in the box, but you are unable to see it.
======
Question: I do not know whether I should say "Good job IV"...I can't convince myself as to what in the world is called a "technical glitch" (back in May) when it is a simple report release....it is not as if all the things mentioned in the report are already implemented....
Are we saying that there is a technical glitch in White House to upload a simple report and that took 2.5 months to fix?
IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer: Why dont you call the WH and ask yourself? We are only telling the truth as we are told. And with that, we have no incentive to convice you or anyone else with the cause for the delay. It may seem simple to you, maybe you dont understand the complexity of the process or the change, who knows, but please do let us know the nature of technical glitch when you get that from WH.
Look, at the end of the day, WH or DHS or USCIS owes you nothing, nada, zero. You might as well rot in hell, and no body is responsible for you. The fact that someone listened and did something that will help improve the condition of your life, even if you cant see it now, in time you will. Srini Tata, there is nothing wrong in showing some appreciation once in while, specifically when someone does something for you. Funny how things work, because you are worried about 2.5 months delay (in the past) without caring much about how these fixes will effect your next 10 years.
And if you think you paying taxes entitles you for anything then why are you looking for answers here? Did you pay taxes to us?
===
Question: how long would it take to implement these fixes.. 1 / 2 / 3../ n years ?
IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer: You dont trust the government, you want timeline, you dont like the fixes, they are not enough!
Is there something else? If you dont want to step up and do your share, other than posting when something comes out, then how do you expect to have any influence over the changes? Try to make your own commitment, and not ask others for things for which you havent worked for.
As for the timeline - some fixes will be done through Memo, and could be implemented in 2-3 months, some will need to go through regulatory process, it could take up to an year’
=====
Question: Any update on "Pre-register" after 1-140 ? Is that completely DEAD?
IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer: Please STOP calling it preregister and EAD For I140. You and others dont know, but using these terms abd repeatedly asking the same question over and over again has severely affect your chance of filing AOS
These are new fixes, in addition to EAD for I140. EAD for I140 is no good without these fixes.
===
Question: Are we saying that there is a technical glitch in White House to upload a simple report and that took 2.5 months to fix?

IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer:Why dont you call the WH and ask yourself? We are only telling the truth as we are told. And with that, we have no incentive to convince you or anyone else with the cause for the delay. It may seem simple to you, maybe you dont understand the complexity of the process or the change, who knows, but please do let us know the nature of technical glitch when you get that from WH.
Look, at the end of the day, WH or DHS or USCIS owes you nothing, nada, zero. The fact that someone listened and did something that will help improve the condition of your life, even if you cant see it now, in time you will. There is nothing wrong in showing some appreciation once in while, specifically when someone does something for you. Funny how things work, because you are worried about 2.5 months delay (in the past) without caring much about how these fixes will effect your next 10 years.

===

Question: God forbid if documented actions don't happen in near future then? What about criticisms?
IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer: It does not matter. We do not care. People who criticize only hurt themselves and their own cause. We will continue to put in the best efforts as long as we are there in the organization. There are many volunteers who take time off from work, spend nights and weekends, travel on their own money to attend meetings. We have had many successes in the past due to the tireless and thankless work. Check the Immigrationvoice timeline on our immigration voice.org website and you will know what we have achieved so far due to the efforts of everyone involved. Just because someone has not got his green card in the mail yesterday or missed on H1B lottery does not mean Immigrationvoice is at fault. He/She is actually at fault for not standing up for himself when we organize action items and advocacy days in DC. The point is if we work for the solution we will get the satisfaction of having done something meaningful for our problems instead of spending time on a computer shooting off criticisms to the only organization that is truly working in the interest of high skilled immigrant community. Working hard is in our hands, the fruits are not and it does not have a timeline. But past has shown that fruits do happen with sincere efforts. With more people joining the efforts, many more will happen in the near future. We are very certain.

===
Question: Can we keep focus on our email,fax,twitter message.and keep calling XYZ.
only Aggressive action can achieve our goal.

IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer: NO NO NO. This is called heckling and spamming. This is NOT ADVOCACY. You will hurt yourself by spamming. We have explained so many times on the forums why all this is useless and actually will hurt everyone including yourself. Unless something like this is coordinated for a specific message and from an organization it means nothing. The organization MUST have boots on the ground and regularly meeting lawmakers. This so called emailing/tweeting/calling etc is used sparingly by advocacy organizations when the timing is right, within a short window of time to relay a specific message FROM AN ORGANIZATION that the organization is advocating by investing a lot in lobbying and have lot of credibility in the eyes of lawmakers. Such campaigns are used only to augment a specific action item or to show suport for a particular cause among constituents. They are not meant to irritate recipients. What you are suggesting is a barrage of tweets/emails and faxes that will IRRITATE recipients. Do you really think someone will look into your problem after you irritate them? Grow up and think hard before trying such rogue actions without consulting people who are doing advocacy for almost a decade now.

It would be very naive to think that any rule or law happened by simply sending emails or tweets or even creating a facebook page for any rule or a website like Immigrationvoice.org. It means nothing. The real work is shoe and leather advocacy in DC where we go and meet lawmakers and officials in person again and again, month after months and years after years. It takes many meetings, many action items, a lot of advocacy to move the needle by an inch. It will be false to assume some rule making happened because someone created a facebook page and had a few newspaper articles. We have done so many newspaper articles and TV interviews in the early days of IV, Been there and done that. What matters is actual shoe and leather advocacy and everything else is just noise around the real thing.

Get active on Immigrationvoice.org, attend advocacy days in DC, be a volunteer, meet local lawmakers in person, contribute your time and money to the organization, bring awareness etc etc. You can do a lot by not wasting your time on tweeting/faxing/emailing etc or spending lot of time on forums, trackers and predictions... and doing something that will truly help yourself and others like you.

==

Question: what is tweak in calculation which will make the visa bulletin movement significant?

IMMIGRATION VOICE Answer :) There is so much 'bad' influence of the data by all these prediction websites. As we have said in the past stop wasting time on them because they will never be accurate predictions because of the nature of this animal. It is just a way for some websites to get more traffic and business. Focus on policy changes instead.

===

hil3182 07-15-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3588413)
This is regarding the positive announcement that was earlier expected to come out in May:
https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...11030932296465

This announcement was delayed due to technology implementation issues as we subsequently shared here:
https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...12722582127300

We are pleased to share that the specific positive announcement is expected to come today in the form of the report announcing new fixes. We have been working on these fixes for many years. This is the first time that fixes will be announced officially by the Administration. And we have a lot to be thankful for to the Obama Administration and the staff at White House, DHS, USCIS and State Department.

The report will also have technology piece incorporated. The content of the fixes in the report is expected to be the same. The announcement is expected around 3pm today. So please standby for the official announcement.

After the announcement, we will need all hands on the deck to help push for the early implementation of the fixes in the report.

Thank you,
Immigration Voice

You the man!

idrismca 07-15-2015 10:33 AM

finally ... thanks for the update

hil3182 07-15-2015 11:02 AM

I would like to add one thing to what Administrator2 has said.

We are only passing along information that we receive (and are authorized to share) from the WH - so, if it doesn't materialize (or materializes at a different time), please try to be understanding.

Everyone here is a volunteer. No one here is making any money off this. I have personally spent $1500.00 and a month's worth of man hours in 2015 alone pushing for various initiatives (mostly HR.213 and the EO).

So, please keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

skrovvidi 07-15-2015 11:25 AM

Looking forward to "Hope and Change" for Legal Immigrants from Obama administration

DMX17 07-15-2015 11:38 AM

Excellent! Thanks for heads up and big thanks to all the volunteers who are helping me and others like me!

Hope this report will have the missing and the most speculated piece of the puzzle i.e. "significant date movement". Fingers crossed.

srinivas_o 07-15-2015 11:42 AM

Awesome

Looking forward to the announcement...

Great job everybody.

GC2022 07-15-2015 11:43 AM

Announcement of the report with skilled immigration fixes expected today at 3pm

Gentlemen,

take a moment to be proud of yourselves for what you have done for all of us.

Good wishes.

moon_walker333 07-15-2015 11:50 AM

Thanks a ton!!!

IV Leaders, I and I think all the other fellow members appreciate all that you have done and put into reaching this milestone.

THANKS A TON!!! YOU ROCK!! KEEP ROCKING AND INSPIRING OTHERS LIKE US!

pari1234 07-15-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3588424)
I would like to add one thing to what Administrator2 has said.

We are only passing along information that we receive (and are authorized to share) from the WH - so, if it doesn't materialize (or materializes at a different time), please try to be understanding.

Everyone here is a volunteer. No one here is making any money off this. I have personally spent $1500.00 and a month's worth of man hours in 2015 alone pushing for various initiatives (mostly HR.213 and the EO).

So, please keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Appreciate it!! In fact, Saying "Appreciate it"- is not enough!!!

Suva 07-15-2015 12:03 PM

Thanks IV

SatnamSingh 07-15-2015 12:14 PM

1) Does that mean we need to keep our documents ready ?
2) Announcement is abt the rule making process or legal immigrants get intermediate relief i.e. approved I-140 getting EAD

hil3182 07-15-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SatnamSingh (Post 3588436)
1) Does that mean we need to keep our documents ready ?
2) Announcement is abt the rule making process or legal immigrants get intermediate relief i.e. approved I-140 getting EAD

You can wait a few hours.

gc4evet 07-15-2015 12:43 PM

Thanks IV for the great work waiting for positive announcement

whiteStallion 07-15-2015 01:59 PM

This is great news, thanks again to IV and all the volunteers for making this happen .

whiteStallion 07-15-2015 03:10 PM

Report published here : https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/def...on_report1.pdf

thokkalohdi 07-15-2015 03:22 PM

whattt???

no mention of EAD cards or i140.... just AC21 :(:(:(:(:(:(

rahdirs 07-15-2015 03:26 PM

Read Page 30. No timelines yet.. but like OP said, time for us to start pushing to get this moving.

rahdirs 07-15-2015 03:29 PM

Ties back to RIN: 1615-AC05 I guess. A very positive step!!

nvik16 07-15-2015 03:31 PM

Admins,
Could you please comment on the report. The report doesn't have specific timelines. Is that expected ?

skrovvidi 07-15-2015 03:32 PM

"Further increase job flexibility by enabling individuals whose employment-sponsored immigrant visa petitions have been approved for more than one year to retain eligibility for LPR status despite the petitioning employer closing its business or seeking to withdraw the approved petition;"

Good agenda...

thokkalohdi 07-15-2015 03:34 PM

no mention of EAD on page 30

am i the only one who didnt find the key word "authorization" anywhere in the document related to Employment based immigration??

All they talk about is "DHS" fixes to AC21... nothing about USCIS allowing a rule to provide work authorizations??

did everyone read it correctly??

timeline is last of the worries, content is more important...

AceMan 07-15-2015 03:44 PM

Streamlining the Legal Immigration System
Employment-based visa issuance
DHS, State
Update monthly visa bulletin
Refine monthly allocation of visas
Improve numerically controlled immigrant visa appointments
Clarify and expand protections for employment-based immigrants and nonimmigrants

Enhance opportunities for certain employment-based immigrants and nonimmigrants DHS
Provide greater clarity and certainty to H-1B beneficiaries and employers DHS
Enhance information to encourage reasonable deference to prior adjudications of H-1B and L-1 petitions DHS
Strengthen employer support for U.S.-born workers in STEM fields DHS
Clarify which nonimmigrant classifications permit for dual intent DHS, State
Provide greater clarity and certainty to streamline nonimmigrant visa employment petition returns to USCIS

thokkalohdi 07-15-2015 03:47 PM

wow.. this is going backwards

this report is utter BS... where is the pre-registration?? where is providing authorization to change employers... all it says its "guidance on how to change jobs", whats new in the report.. or am i looking at wrong report???

i am no legal expert.. but language has changed a lot and there is nothing of sorts regarding authorization... am i missing something?

4WatItsWorth 07-15-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteStallion (Post 3588444)

The report looks like a joke! No EAD for approved 140, no recapture..?

moon_walker333 07-15-2015 03:53 PM

Refer to following links shared by IV on their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/ImmigrationVoice

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/def...ernization.pdf

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/def...on_report1.pdf

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015...em-digital-age

anshu 07-15-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4WatItsWorth (Post 3588453)
The report looks like a joke! No EAD for approved 140, no recapture..?

Hi hope????, and of the "Babaji ka Thullu"

hil3182 07-15-2015 04:00 PM

It isn't as bad as it looks.

The report needs to be read in conjunction with the information the WH shared with us earlier (and we shared with you on 05/06 on FB).

anshu 07-15-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anshu (Post 3588455)
Hi hope????, and of the "Babaji ka Thullu"

I like Mr. Bush, one shot in 2007 clear everything, not like Obama. What the hack modernization of visa bulletin and stuff. Bullshit ideas.

skrovvidi 07-15-2015 04:06 PM

Could someone provide a clear picture?
What are the next steps?
Does Obama plan to get this through Congress vs EO?

hil3182 07-15-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anshu (Post 3588457)
I like Mr. Bush, one shot in 2007 clear everything, not like Obama. What the hack modernization of visa bulletin and stuff. Bullshit ideas.

He has to go through the process it or he will be sued. Bush didn't have that constraint when he made everyone current.

This is a much tougher environment.

anshu 07-15-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skrovvidi (Post 3588458)
Could someone provide a clear picture?
What are the next steps?
Does Obama plan to get this through Congress vs EO?

Even WH don't know next plan so other people how can explain you?

whiteStallion 07-15-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3588456)
It isn't as bad as it looks.

The report needs to be read in conjunction with the information the WH shared with us earlier (and we shared with you on 05/06 on FB).

Can you please interpret the Report into previously widely publicized items on this board like allowing I140-EAD, Visa Bulletin being adjusted for filing AOS for vast majority of folks etc ? The report verbiage is vague and leaves a lot to interpretation of what are the actionable results of the initiatives mentioned.

neodyn55 07-15-2015 04:15 PM

Actually, I'm really bothered that there's nothing in this report that hints about job mobility and improved handling of job changes, nothing that ties back to the proposed rule making by DSH (EAD + AP after I-140).

I would think that's a serious omission. Can someone from IV explain? If this is the be-all and end-all of reports, why is this not put down plainly? They've specifically called out H4 work authorization.

Does the omission tie into potential inaction on the proposed rule making for I-140 EAD/AP?

ynrao24 07-15-2015 04:16 PM

Nothing new..

Still didn't understand why IV asked to have documents ready

dipdowndust 07-15-2015 04:20 PM

This update is like your manager writing a nice review for you and what future plans he has for you .... BUT BUT.. at the end he says SORRY this time no raise for you... but Hey keep up the good work... we really appreciate it !!!

People who are stuck in backlog their prime time is already ruined and no government or anybody is going to do anything for them...!! Like it or not but thats the truth... All changes which happens may help future generation.

Its impressive that EAD for H4 is done and I think that enough change for this decade :)

Sorry guys for being negative .... but its been over 10 yrs and counting.

gcboy12h 07-15-2015 04:25 PM

Lol we waited for this garbage for this long?