Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2015, 11:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Greg Filed Class Action Lawsuit
Copy of Lawsuit
http://static1.space.com/static/5233...ta+lawsuit.pdf

Kudos to Greg Siskind
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2015, 12:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kartik1378 is on a distinguished road

Great.. Some pressure can build on them..

Old 09-29-2015, 12:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik1378 View Post
Great.. Some pressure can build on them..
Greg is expecting a resolution and a temporary stay order on the Latest bulletin in next 36 hours. Probably before even our flowers reach the destination we will have some good news because USCIS has to answer within 36 hours.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Here are my 2cents. Greg Siskind is trying to help the EB2 by filing this lawsuit, but I want all of the EB2 folks (as a matter of fact, the entire legal immigrant community) is not to get carried away and keep their calm.
Please do not post on this forum, what other folks are doing to address the situation and ask for a response from the admin. I honestly think that IV is into it for a greater cause and after evaluating many approaches they have arrived at the Flower Campaign. If possible, please participate in their campaign and help IV help you. Lawsuit may (or may not) address this problem but it is IV who will continue to think, fight and represent you in your every step ahead.
Thank you IV and its volunteers.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kartik1378 is on a distinguished road

They already found the way to redirect the flowers.. now they need to find other the way to tackle the lawsuit. one after other if the bulletin latest get stay order whether the old one will get active? hope something like should happen

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They already found the way to redirect the flowers.. now they need to find other the way to tackle the lawsuit. one after other if the bulletin latest get stay order whether the old one will get active? hope something like should happen
How do you know? are they redirecting already? I am not surprised, but even if they are, and this is in media, that is a good thing. We need media by our side. So far it has been pitch black.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
missedthecut is on a distinguished road
Default Scheduled flowers for 1st October

Scheduled delivery of flowers for me and my wife for October 1st delivery.

Thank you very much IV for all your efforts.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Speculation or do you have any facts backing your claim of DOS redirecting their deliveries?

Old 09-29-2015, 09:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoon786 View Post
Speculation or do you have any facts backing your claim of DOS redirecting their deliveries?
A story built with the zip issue. Nice work fellas.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
Here are my 2cents. Greg Siskind is trying to help the EB2 by filing this lawsuit, but I want all of the EB2 folks (as a matter of fact, the entire legal immigrant community) is not to get carried away and keep their calm.
Please do not post on this forum, what other folks are doing to address the situation and ask for a response from the admin. I honestly think that IV is into it for a greater cause and after evaluating many approaches they have arrived at the Flower Campaign. If possible, please participate in their campaign and help IV help you. Lawsuit may (or may not) address this problem but it is IV who will continue to think, fight and represent you in your every step ahead.
Thank you IV and its volunteers.
We are happy with Greg filing suit and wish him well. We didn't think he had the stomach to actually do it, but are happy that he went through with it.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Taking this issue up with WHITE HOUSE???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
We are happy with Greg filing suit and wish him well. We didn't think he had the stomach to actually do it, but are happy that he went through with it.
Hope IV core is ready to take this issue up with White House... I am a volunteer (IV) here in Charlotte and we are expecting the IV core to take this up with White House as early as possible.

Did my part for the flower campaign as given below... also had signed up for Greg's lawsuit too... (among the 140+ who didn't get mentioned in the class action).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flower Campaign.jpg (36.3 KB, 14 views)

Old 09-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbusgc View Post
Hope IV core is ready to take this issue up with White House... I am a volunteer (IV) here in Charlotte and we are expecting the IV core to take this up with White House as early as possible.

Did my part for the flower campaign as given below... also had signed up for Greg's lawsuit too... (among the 140+ who didn't get mentioned in the class action).
I am also waiting for the next action item from IV. USCIS caused us financial loss and mental agony and was a perfect reason for a lawsuit and I am glad Greg did exactly what was needed at the moment. Other than GandhiGiri what are we doing?. any action items to get this issue raised to WH or Lawmakers?. We need IV to take lead at this time and do little bit more than the mere gandhigiri

Old 09-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BABUG is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Can any one help me in understanding the difference between the proposed rule

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1615-AC05

And
the current issue.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbusgc View Post

Administrator2 has been asking the White House to do something since Thursday morning when this first came up.

We did meetings on the Hill yesterday and we made every single Democrat we spoke to aware of this and asked THEM to call the WH through their channels.

Even though my Rep wasn't a targeted office, I had a good enough relationship with them that I managed to setup a meeting at short notice and talked to them about this. I brought along a couple of volunteers from different states to tell their stories and got the staffer all riled up and outraged. I guarantee you, his office called the WH with some strong opinions.

We keep telling people to call your rep, visit the office, maintain a relationship - it isn't just for HR.213, but for times like these too. When you already have an existing relationship with an office, it gives you a say in the process. You can also ask them to intervene with your H1-B stamping doesn't go well.

Regarding, what people are derisively calling Gandhigiri - it has worked in the past. Apparently in 2007, we tried many things including protests and flowers are ultimately what worked. I am not taking options off the table, just saying.

If you are an IV volunteer, and have actually "volunteered" for something (instead of being a spectator on the FB group), you probably have a relationship with your local office. You should call them and explain the situation - or even better visit the office with printouts of the two Visa Bulletins. Tell them how upset you are and how you need them to intervene with the White House.

In our experience people are lazy. Getting people to send flowers is the easiest thing to do, it worked last time and if we can mobilize the media to be there the morning of Oct 1st (which we are trying to do) - it might work again. If that doesn't work, we will evaluate other options.

Meanwhile, if you are itching for something to do, talk to your congressman's office, and ask them to intervene with the WH. Even though they are not a part of the executive branch, they are a part of Govenrment and will add to the pressure.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Exactly what I was looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Administrator2 has been asking the White House to do something since Thursday morning when this first came up.

We did meetings on the Hill yesterday and we made every single Democrat we spoke to aware of this and asked THEM to call the WH through their channels.

Even though my Rep wasn't a targeted office, I had a good enough relationship with them that I managed to setup a meeting at short notice and talked to them about this. I brought along a couple of volunteers from different states to tell their stories and got the staffer all riled up and outraged. I guarantee you, his office called the WH with some strong opinions.

We keep telling people to call your rep, visit the office, maintain a relationship - it isn't just for HR.213, but for times like these too. When you already have an existing relationship with an office, it gives you a say in the process. You can also ask them to intervene with your H1-B stamping doesn't go well.

Regarding, what people are derisively calling Gandhigiri - it has worked in the past. Apparently in 2007, we tried many things including protests and flowers are ultimately what worked. I am not taking options off the table, just saying.

If you are an IV volunteer, and have actually "volunteered" for something (instead of being a spectator on the FB group), you probably have a relationship with your local office. You should call them and explain the situation - or even better visit the office with printouts of the two Visa Bulletins. Tell them how upset you are and how you need them to intervene with the White House.

In our experience people are lazy. Getting people to send flowers is the easiest thing to do, it worked last time and if we can mobilize the media to be there the morning of Oct 1st (which we are trying to do) - it might work again. If that doesn't work, we will evaluate other options.

Meanwhile, if you are itching for something to do, talk to your congressman's office, and ask them to intervene with the WH. Even though they are not a part of the executive branch, they are a part of Govenrment and will add to the pressure.
Before I start let me clarify that I am a 'real' volunteer and was one of the team members who met with the congressman in-person here at his office during the recess and has made tons of calls to local/DC office during the last 5-6 years.. back to current issue.

What we (myself and other local volunteers/supporters) are expecting from IV Core is the direction/action item we need to take up in such scenarios.. There may not be much impact in an individual like me calling congressman's office.. it will have real impact when its a group effort with focused message and when it done at by all IV local groups across the country...
General feeling is that the flower campaign is not good enough to get a reversal (as pointed out by Pappu) .. it could be followed up by a call campaign to all Senators/Congressmen's office (or at least a focused call campaign to certain congressmen/senators who can influence the DHS/USCIS like Zoe Lofgren ..who helped us during the last #visagate 2007).

Hope IV Core will come up with such an action item.. mean time I will do my part by reaching out to the immigration contact in my local congressman's office. We are expecting leadership from IV Core at this time of Need!