Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dvsj is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pointers, hil3182

The person called back and I explained the situation (using your pointers). She said she will talk to the congresswomen and go from there.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

Very happy that just now one of my co worker called our NC 4 Rep Price DC office with regards to the Visa Bulletin. Today the office has already said they are co sponsoring HR 213. They have promised to take the Visa Bulletin issue with WH Legislative POCs today. The more calls they are getting and hearing the impact stories higher chances are we get the Bulletin Reversed.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Just wanted to update you guys, I just got word some volunteers on the hill stopped by Lofgren's office again to express their outrage - she is the Ranking Member on Immigration in the House and can (and is) putting pressure on the WH.

Also some volunteers are done with their scheduled meetings and are in "free agency" mode, they are making ad-hoc appointments with Democratic offices and spreading the outrage, asking them to call the WH.

The least you "spectators" can do is send flowers.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Just wanted to update you guys, I just got word some volunteers on the hill stopped by Lofgren's office again to express their outrage - she is the Ranking Member on Immigration in the House and can (and is) putting pressure on the WH.

Also some volunteers are done with their scheduled meetings and are in "free agency" mode, they are making ad-hoc appointments with Democratic offices and spreading the outrage, asking them to call the WH.

The least you "spectators" can do is send flowers.
More power and patience to our brothers and sisters in DC. thank you guys / gals.

cheers

Old 09-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dvsj is on a distinguished road

Flowers sent...

Old 09-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

We are starting to get confirmation from large mainstream media outlets that they will cover the VB fiasco.

THE MOST IMPORTANT ACTION ITEM RIGHT NOW ARE THE FLOWERS. PLEASE GET THEM OUT!

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-29-2015, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AViciousCircle is on a distinguished road
Default Flowers

Sent flowers for Oct-1 delivery! Way to go IV...

Old 09-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bhargavsrinadh is on a distinguished road
Default Just sent this to Ms. NancyPelopsi,

Just sent this to Ms. NancyPelopsi, will call her soon

Dear Ms. Pelosi,

I'm writing this letter to you as my only hope to help solve the grave injustice inflicted upon us(legal immigrants) with the last minute October 2015 Visa Bulletin(VB) reversal.

To throw a little background on the issue as part of President Obama's EO on visa modernization, DOS has modified the VB to include two dates one for "Filing of Adjustment of status" which allows us to receive an Employment Authorization Card and a final approval date to receive the Green-card. As part of the new measures, VB was released on Sept 9th and like me thousands of applicants have welcomed the new move and invested a lot of money and emotions in order to file the application on October 1st.

However, as of Sept 25th, 5 days before we can file our applications DHS has reversed the VB pushing the EAD date by more than 2 years without any valid reason. As one of the many SF District #12 immigrants who truly believe in the American dream we are requesting your help to have the VB reverted back to the old dates as initially promised. This has happened in 2007 and DHS has honored the dates first published.

Hoping you could help us and be our champion.

Thanks,
Bhargav.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default Npr

I contacted NPR via facebook and they asked to send a story. I think if there is any media rep. here then they should be the one to contact them and write them a story that could be published in their site which gets lots of readership.
I am also meeting the staffer of local congresswoman tomorrow. Talked with her today and she said we can talk face to face tomorrow morning in SoCal.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MollyBloom is on a distinguished road
Default Siskind Lawsuit against USCIS : Link for Plaintiffs

If you have been affected by the rollback of October's visa bulletin and would like to help in the lawsuit and get redress you can not just register as a named plaintiff but also make a declaration as to your damages. Instructions from Greg Siskind (gsiskind@visalaw.com):

Link to Template:
http://www.visalaw.com/wp-content/up...CLARATION.docx),

"As you may have heard, we filed our complaint yesterday asking DOS and USCIS to revert back to the original Visa Bulletin. We are preparing to file an amended complaint tomorrow and also request a Temporary Restraining Order. We intend to include with our documents declarations from individuals harmed by the government's actions. If you are interested in helping with this effort, please download and complete the form that we have created (available here: http://www.visalaw.com/wp-content/up...CLARATION.docx), sign it and email it back to me at gsiskind@visalaw.com. Please put "Declaration" in the subject line. Also, remember that your declaration will be part of a public record and if that is a problem, you should not participate. Thanks."

Old 09-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Greg Siskind is preparing to get a TRO in court tomorrow and he is asking all affected parties to participate in his Class Action Lawsuit. I am sharing his request. I know some of you are going to jump in and say that 'this is not the venue to post action item of other people'. Remember IV's newsletter, 'Relief from any venue is Welcome'. I am just sharing the news and I am doing all action items from IV as well as all other venues as well.

If anyone interested, Please print, sign and send to Greg with Subject 'Declaration'
-----------------------------------------

As you may have heard, we filed our complaint yesterday asking DOS and USCIS to revert back to the original Visa Bulletin. We are preparing to file an amended complaint tomorrow and also request a Temporary Restraining Order. We intend to include with our documents declarations from individuals harmed by the government's actions. If you are interested in helping with this effort, please download and complete the form that we have created (available here: http://www.visalaw.com/wp-content/up...CLARATION.docx), sign it and email it back to me at gsiskind@visalaw.com. Please put "Declaration" in the subject line. Also, remember that your declaration will be part of a public record and if that is a problem, you should not participate. Thanks.
Sincerely,
greg siskind signature
Greg Siskind
Siskind Susser - Immigration Lawyers
901-682-6455 (O)
901-339-9604 (F)
Email: gsiskind@visalaw.com
Web: Guide To U.S. Immigration Law | Law Firm Assisting With Visas, Green Cards, Naturalization | Siskind Susser PC

Old 09-29-2015, 11:55 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Phoenix2010 is on a distinguished road
Default Spoke to Arizona senators

I called both the senators in Arizona and spoke to their immigration concerns in charge. They were very empathetic of our situation and told that they are aware of the situation and will do what ever is there in their power.

I request everyone to call Senators in their state to voice their opinion.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
carlsbad2005 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_jony View Post
I contacted NPR via facebook and they asked to send a story. I think if there is any media rep. here then they should be the one to contact them and write them a story that could be published in their site which gets lots of readership.
I am also meeting the staffer of local congresswoman tomorrow. Talked with her today and she said we can talk face to face tomorrow morning in SoCal.
Hi

Are you planning to meet in San Diego? If yes, I can try to join you..

Thanks

Old 09-30-2015, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Congressman's office update

After a long conversation to explain them what happened congressman's office agreed to check with State/DOS why they changed the visa bulletin... hope these inquiries mount pressure on DHS... something better than nothing.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bigapple11 is on a distinguished road

I hope the VB dates are reversed and I'm encouraged by the recent developments - law suit, flower campaign and calls to senators etc.

Can we push in a similar manner for HR213 and/or some relief for EB3 folks - who in my opinion have not benefited at all. It's all been one way traffic for EB2 folks, when will EB3 folks get some relief. Sorry for sounding selfish but I'm not seeing any traction that will help all the EB category collectively.

Best of luck and I hope the Oct VB gets reversed.

Thank you.