Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bigapple11 is on a distinguished road

Thanks - once we resolve the Oct VB issue, let's push for HR213 in a similar manner.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2015, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Responded back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
this is Baloney, we are looking at it.
Responded back with the points discussed earlier.. My financial loss, time spent, emotional loss and how DOS/DHS/USCIS will compensate for all of those ... and mentioned that there is a precedence set when this happened last/only time in 2007.. 'revert back'. Will keep you posted if I hear anything back from her.. also emailed the response to Greg.. if that could help the case in any manner.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swapna8015 is on a distinguished road

Thanks much! Could you please list some bulletin points to write to FB wall page to pass the message. want to make sure Congressman understands and it makes sense to him.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Please Re-tweet this. Yesterday, we had another meeting with Congresswoman Lofgren - Ranking Member on Immigration in the House. She is outraged and will escalate to the WH.

Please RT: https://twitter.com/RepZoeLofgren/st...44738495905792

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

sure thing. I did let Greg know. here's the reporter twitter page https://twitter.com/GeneAPseattle

Old 09-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Greg Siskind �@gsiskind 2m2 minutes ago
Thank you Congresswoman Lofgren and Congressman Honda -

https://lofgren.house.gov/news/docum...umentID=397996

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Awesome. Thank you!

Old 09-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pman123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbusgc View Post
Congressman's office emailed me the attached response from DOS/DHS.. not sure if this makes any sense... under the highlighted section.
Could you contact Greg Siskind at gsiskind@visalaw.com or afree@barrettjohnston.com regarding which congressman you got the response from ? Had forwarded your attachment to him and below is the response I got from him

VERY helpful. Can we get this attributed if we present it to the judge today?

Greg

Old 09-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Forwarded the emails to Greg/Barret

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman123 View Post
Could you contact Greg Siskind at gsiskind@visalaw.com or afree@barrettjohnston.com regarding which congressman you got the response from ? Had forwarded your attachment to him and below is the response I got from him

VERY helpful. Can we get this attributed if we present it to the judge today?

Greg
I have forwarded my entire communication (including the attachement) to Greg's and Barret's email ids. I got the response from Congressman Pittenger's Office here in Charlotte, NC.

Please let me know if there is any other email id I need to forward the communications to?

Old 09-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbusgc View Post
I have forwarded my entire communication (including the attachement) to Greg's and Barret's email ids. I got the response from Congressman Pittenger's Office here in Charlotte, NC.

Please let me know if there is any other email id I need to forward the communications to?
Thank you, those were the only 2 he included in the request

Old 09-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default Talked to local congresswoman today

And explained her the situation. She also voiced support and asked to send her email.
In email, I have explained the situation, the solution - which is tto revert back to old bulletin as well as support for hr 213. Asked her to use her influence with WH as well as other agencies like state dep or uscis or dhs .. you know a word with their secretary when they run in congress halls would not be bad to know the legit sufferings of all of us affected by this sudden vb change.

I would implore all my berthen to contact them online (social media and their email forms ) as well offline. The congresswoman mentioned the same thing. I told her I am a member of IV and there are thousands of us. They like the high numbers and suggested to go in a group to local congress and senators and highlight the issue. Folks, create awareness and get high numbers. This impacts lot of Indians as well as chinese mexicans etc. So get the number high always.

Media: I wont talk to them directly but will redirect them to admins here - have already contacted the CA chapter admin and I have an in on NPR who are pretty good and well read in DC. NPR also suggested San Francisco's KQED, If anyone from there willing to take up this lead and talk to tthem - call them, tweet them, fb them , email them whatever works ..then it would be great!

This would all hopefully compelement the main work that IV folks are doing. We also need to meet up physically at some place and then go to meet local senator or congressman.

I also contacted Times of india or indian express but no use. Can anyone else try ? There is no point in this indian media covering a doctor or engineer who has made it when they cant highlight our sufferings. More fdi , more media coverage and good will here is nothing if this is how uscis is going to treat indians. Every little help that anyone from india - media or govt gives also helps. Dont we after all return the favor by remitting world record amount of money ? It would be nice if other us citizens and gc holders also pitch in and rake this up with local lawmakers.

Let us not let this thread die and keep posting any small updates and positive news.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Immigrants say about-face on visas costs them millions

Old 09-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman123 View Post
Please post positive comments below the article.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
phota is on a distinguished road
Default Positive comments / avoid fight

Now that we have got some media attention in AP article ( more to come), lets all keep it cool and only post positive comments and logical explainations. lets avoid picking up a fight in the discussion section.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Now ABCNEWS is covering news as well
Finally Media Woke up on #visagate2015

Immigrants Say About-Face on Visas Costs Them Millions - ABC News