Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirban111 View Post
Participated in the action item this time and in 2007. Was a huge supporter of HR.3012, spent long time with an abusive employer who held my pay stubs and refused to give me my I-140. Went through unimaginable torture getting out of there. The below post got my blood boiling.

Everybody should read that thread from 2012 where Siskind and AILA sides with abusive employers over IV in 2012 when pushing for HR.3012.

That @ssh013, how can he defend this system?
You got me interested. I will read and maybe get inspired to write a blog about it when the current crisis is over! And, then I can claim that I have affected positive change.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Any word on Siskind's lawsuit which is the one thing we wish him well on?

Usually his waterbuys are all over this forum putting his latest tweets up.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

I think they are waiting for TRO hearing on Monday. Meanwhile all followers are advised to work on putting pressure.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
phota is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I guess he tweeted early next week,

Old 10-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monto1 is on a distinguished road

What happens if Nov VB is released now in this situation what would be the impact?

Old 10-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
Been following you for a long time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to educate us on the lawyers and companies have been screwing us over the years.

I will be a beneficiary if the Lawsuit and Flower campaign works - but I understand what you are saying about the relationship being "transactional".

And no, you are not "whining", you are putting things in context. There is a lot of history newcomers are not aware off. At a time like this, it is very easy to think of lawyers as our friends and saviors when they have hurt us before.

Everyone should read Siskinds post (UPDATE/ACTION ITEM:HR3012: Ask your employer to sign this petition supporting HR3012) and neelu8's response (UPDATE/ACTION ITEM:HR3012: Ask your employer to sign this petition supporting HR3012).

After following different forums for so long - IV's infamous anti-lawyer position is starting to finally make sense to me and I agree with your position wholeheartedly.
Thanks stuckinline

There is a difference between pro-immigration and pro-immigrant.

Immigration lawyers are pro-immigration meaning they want more immigration so more people come into US from outside. It is obvious because if more immigrants come into US, immigration lawyers tend to get more business. Immigration Lawyers are generally NOT pro-immigrant because they don't want immigrants to get rights or be processed out of the system. In our experience immigration lawyers are anti-immigrants because they do not want immigrants to get rights or graduate out of the system. The longer immigrants are stuck in the system the longer immigration lawyers make more profit.

We believe that immigration lawyers are "pro-immigration" but they are "anti-immigrants".

Last edited by Administrator2; 10-02-2015 at 05:47 AM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by monto1 View Post
What happens if Nov VB is released now in this situation what would be the impact?
keep in mind that it will take effect on Nov 1st. I think back in 2007 they honored the bulletin and allowed extra days (30 days from the day the VB was re-instated).

Old 10-01-2015, 11:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

No, thank YOU Administrator2. I don't know if you were one of the volunteers in the rain delivering flowers, but if you were thank you double or triple!!!

Today was such an eye opening day. I always thought there was so much pressure our misery was causing, something would happen eventually. I am kicking myself for not standing up for myself earlier.

Seeing the Execuitve Order fail like this made me realize that we have to fight for our rights or nothing would happen. I always thought Immigation Lawyers and tech companies were fighting for us, but the below post by Hil was very depressing.

I hope it is not true, I don't want to believe it, but deep inside I know it is true.

Quote:
We know of him very well.

The issue is people conflate Green Cards and H1-B all the time and that conflation is deliberate. Lobbyists and lawyers use the fact that immigrant Green Card holders are innovative to ask for more H1-B. They don't mention that today's H1-B worker cannot get Green Cards or start businesses - they just ask for more H1-B, not a peep about Green Cards.

I have been in so many meetings where I had to correct lawyers and company lobbyists where they deliberate conflate our stories with people that have Green Cards - just thinking about these assholes gets my blood pressure up. Here is a small taste of what is going on (41:00 onwards) - can you start a business, can you innovate? This mess we are in is deliberate - engineered by a well oiled nexus of immigration lawyers and companies.

Patrick has also fallen victim to the same deliberate conflation between H1-B and Green Cards. Its not like we want to drive down wages - its just the logical effect of a lack of job mobility. Our volunteers know how to present this information clearly and succinctly and hopefully Patrick will become more educated in the nuances of high-skilled labor and the backlog.

Today morning Greg was my great hope. Seeing him fly back to Tennessee, tail between his legs - asking IV to put pressure on lawmakers made me realize that this was all just a PR stunt.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kkocher is on a distinguished road
Smile Response received to my email from congressman Pete Olsen (TX)

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

The Administration released another Executive Action on September 8th,bypassing Congress in order to make changes to our immigration system. As you may know, a previously released visa bulletin had a priority date of USCIS accepting applications for EB2 India before June 30th 2011, but USCIS and the State Department changed these dates to July 1st 2009.

It is irresponsible on the part of USCIS and State and has made many immigrants who already submitted their application go through unnecessary mental stress. I urge the president to step in and revert back to the dates originally published at least until end of Oct 2015. No legislation regarding this matter has come up for a vote on the House floor, but I will be sure to keep a close watch for any legislation and keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for your interest in this important issue. I appreciate your input and I'm honored to represent you in Congress. For more information on constituent services, current legislation, and to sign up for my E-newsletter, please visit my website at Congressman Pete Olson | Representing the 22nd District of Texas.

Very Respectfully,

Pete Olson
Member of Congress

Old 10-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkocher View Post
Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

The Administration released another Executive Action on September 8th,bypassing Congress in order to make changes to our immigration system. As you may know, a previously released visa bulletin had a priority date of USCIS accepting applications for EB2 India before June 30th 2011, but USCIS and the State Department changed these dates to July 1st 2009.

It is irresponsible on the part of USCIS and State and has made many immigrants who already submitted their application go through unnecessary mental stress. I urge the president to step in and revert back to the dates originally published at least until end of Oct 2015. No legislation regarding this matter has come up for a vote on the House floor, but I will be sure to keep a close watch for any legislation and keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for your interest in this important issue. I appreciate your input and I'm honored to represent you in Congress. For more information on constituent services, current legislation, and to sign up for my E-newsletter, please visit my website at Congressman Pete Olson | Representing the 22nd District of Texas.

Very Respectfully,

Pete Olson
Member of Congress
This is very very very good. Even Republican's from TX have heard about this and are asking the President to revert the VB - and this guy is AGAINST the EO. Can you imagine what D's that are FOR the EO are telling the WH?

We haven't even put out an official action item, just a bunch of self-motivated free agents on this forum picking up pointers and running with it. Can't imagine what the reception will be when we setup an official action action item.

IMO - don't hold me to this, but things might end well and this might help us negotiate better terms with the other items on the EO.

If only we could get this kind of energy behind HR.213 --- it would have been a done deal a long time ago.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-02-2015, 12:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kartik1378 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
No, thank YOU Administrator2. I don't know if you were one of the volunteers in the rain delivering flowers, but if you were thank you double or triple!!!

Today was such an eye opening day. I always thought there was so much pressure our misery was causing, something would happen eventually. I am kicking myself for not standing up for myself earlier.

Seeing the Execuitve Order fail like this made me realize that we have to fight for our rights or nothing would happen. I always thought Immigation Lawyers and tech companies were fighting for us, but the below post by Hil was very depressing.

I hope it is not true, I don't want to believe it, but deep inside I know it is true.

Today morning Greg was my great hope. Seeing him fly back to Tennessee, tail between his legs - asking IV to put pressure on lawmakers made me realize that this was all just a PR stunt.
I thought the lawsuit still going on ...do you think all is done?

Old 10-02-2015, 12:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
This is very very very good. Even Republican's from TX have heard about this and are asking the President to revert the VB - and this guy is AGAINST the EO. Can you imagine what D's that are FOR the EO are telling the WH?

We haven't even put out an official action item, just a bunch of self-motivated free agents on this forum picking up pointers and running with it. Can't imagine what the reception will be when we setup an official action action item.

IMO - don't hold me to this, but things might end well and this might help us negotiate better terms with the other items on the EO.

If only we could get this kind of energy behind HR.213 --- it would have been a done deal a long time ago.

I also got the same letter from Rep Olson.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I also got the same letter from Rep Olson.
Good. Call them back tomorrow, thank them for the letter, tell them they need to call the Legislative Office in the WH to get this fixed and not to waste time calling any agency or any other WH Office because everyone else will stonewall.

Try calling first, email of you can't get hold of them after atleast 5 tries.

Always mention you are from Immigration Voice, we want to put the fear of God into the WH so they arent as careless with the rest of the EO

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 10-02-2015 at 01:00 AM.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:02 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namitxyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik1378 View Post
I thought the lawsuit still going on ...do you think all is done?
This is my personal opinion. I believe the lawsuit was a PR stunt which was beautifully executed by Greg. He got the contact details of all his potential customers and played the emotional "I will help you out of your misery" card to have innocent immigrants get trapped in his nexus.

This lawsuit is going nowhere as he is already back from Seattle. It will drag for a month and nobody will get any updates and they will quietly withdraw the case.

In the meanwhile, Greg has already reached a 'GOD' status amongst our fellow high skilled immigrants.

People need to remember that all these lawyers are evil and will do anything to promote their business interests, which includes lobbying to increase H1Bs without clearing green card backlogs.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
drgadde is on a distinguished road

so many people doing a copy paste mistake from petition .. original date as per sep 9th VB was Jul 1 2011 and Not Jun 30 2011.. can who ever started that petition update these dates.. if you are reaching out to some one you have to be very accurate...