Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
The entire premise of your post is bogus. Employers need someone to do the work and have worked with Immigration Lawyers to create and perpetuate an underclass of cheap labor for them to exploit and abuse. By virtue of being a part of the system, refusing to speak up against the system and in the case of that (UPDATE/ACTION ITEM:HR3012: Ask your employer to sign this petition supporting HR3012) post - actively defending the system - Greg is a part of the part of the problem. If it weren't for Greg and people like him, you (and I) would be free to change jobs and live without fear of having our lives uprooted in an instant.

Companies need the labor and as long as they need the labor and you were willing to come here - you would be here. If Grassley's anti-fraud provisions were in place, big corporations would be forced to take people on the payroll and give benefits instead of treating people like disposable contractors (aka "Consultants"). We all deserve better than this. You might have gone through a good experience, but from the interactions we have with our membership - let me assure you you are in a tiny minority. Indian H1-B's stuck in backlog are vulnerable to abuse - and we are abused.

And you are the one being immature here. We support Greg in his lawsuit and wish him well.

When it is over, we will go back to pushing for HR.213, pushing back on attempts to make the backlog worse by adding H1's w/o GC's and fighting for the rights of people who are being abused by employers -- and on every item Greg and AILA will be in our way.

Our interests (and yours) conflict with Greg and AILA's interests at a deep, core and fundamental level -- playing "happy family" when you have such diverging interests doesn't work. This "alliance" is purely transactional.

We have discovered that people that disagree with our position generally suffer from some form of Stockholm syndrome whose only cure is one lobby day event, where they can see with their own eyes what is going on.
With regards to your comment that my premise is bogus - It is your opinion and I will let it be. Everybody can form their own opinions.

If your are supporting Greg on this "VisBulletin lawsuit" as a single transaction -- Great! That is what is required. Thank You. When this is all over and we move on HR.3012 and Greg and Aila come in our way - Let us call them out. I am not beholden to Greg or anybody. Nobody is talking about "one Happy Family- forever". In fact it is difficult to keep my own family happy and I am not delusional about having one great family with IV or Greg.

I am concerned that IV's past frustration with Greg and Aila is manifesting itself on the forums. The ambivalent posts that say - "We support Greg" and then turn back say negative things based on past incidents is not really helping the cause. It may influence many of us who look to IV for leadership to not co-operate with Greg's lawsuit.

Separately, With regards to supply and demand of labor - I agree with you _but _Indian consulting companies provide a gateway to the USA for middle class Indians like me who could not have afforded to come to USA for higher studies and then find work. I for one would not have been hired from India directly by my company. The Indian consulting company sponsored my Visa, set up interviews, placed me in the company as a Contract-to-hire and de-risked my company -making it viable for them to hire and try me instead of some local resource with local experience. Again I am not beholden to the Indian company - that is their business model and they make money - But again it is shared interest! I dont have a problem with that. After I got the initial experience - It was not in my interest to stay with the Indian consulting company and be exploited forever .A combination of timing, luck and providence ensured that I got out of their clutches very quickly. But even otherwise - How would I have come to the USA without the Indian consulting company? Does the Indian Consulting Company use fraudulent methods - Maybe - I dont want to be judgmental here - I am sure every other major migrations - Jewish,Irish,Germans - have had their own dark side and so do we. Grassley is a rabid anti-immigration republican and he not aligned with the interests of Indian who want to migrate here to better their lives.

With regards to lobby day event to converge my views with yours - I am aligned almost 95% with what IV does - Also, Dont you think it is healthy to to have divergent views? That everybody does not drink the same coolaid? I am sure you will agree that nobody is perfect - We all have our own fallacies and so will IV and its senior members!

I rest my case here! Time to move On!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
haranrk is on a distinguished road
Default Anna Eshoo's DC Office

Spoke to an immigration staff at Anna Eshoo's (D-CA) DC Office. He mentioned that congresswoman and her staff are aware of the visa bulletin fiasco. I emphasized how it has affect the lives of many legal immigrants and also told him that visa number availability has nothing to do with this. He mentioned that DHS is taking a hard stance but they trying to figure out what can be done. I also thanked the congresswoman for her support on HR213 which is a legislative fix for the whole mess. Thanks.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
haranrk is on a distinguished road

I mentioned that I am part of IV and the response, I must say, was much much better than my previous call two days back when I was connected straight to someone's voicemail. Thanks IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haranrk View Post
Spoke to an immigration staff at Anna Eshoo's (D-CA) DC Office. He mentioned that congresswoman and her staff are aware of the visa bulletin fiasco. I emphasized how it has affect the lives of many legal immigrants and also told him that visa number availability has nothing to do with this. He mentioned that DHS is taking a hard stance but they trying to figure out what can be done. I also thanked the congresswoman for her support on HR213 which is a legislative fix for the whole mess. Thanks.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by haranrk View Post
Thank you. Did you ask them to call WH legislative affairs office? That is the channel through which we stand the best chance of overriding DHS.

If you haven't, please do so when you followup on Monday. Also, mention that you are an IV volunteer - your request for contacting the WH legislative affairs office will be taken more seriously since they will assume you know what you talking about. Throw our name around with confidence - we spent a lot of time and money in DC building "brand equity" for you to use .

We know exactly what the bottleneck is and the best strategy to get around it. Congressional pressure and press are the best ways to do this.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvs123 is on a distinguished road

Admins/IV Team,

Can you please tell how much probability we have for reverting back the current VISA bulletin? Do you think we have good chance of getting the results as last time(2007)? Appreciate all your hard work as always.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AP16K1237 is on a distinguished road
Default cunning greg

I started getting 2nd thoughts abt {greg and his much hyped up class action lawsuit + motion for TRO} since the moment he tweeted yest evening that he is leaving Seattle back to TN. Prior to that he kept selling himself and built up the excitement around himself and his way of helping .. he kept tweeting and a gave a couple checkpoints like 4:15 pm and then 5:00 pm etc etc...essentially telling us the judge gave time to defendands to be able to submit reply.

Since after he left Seattle, his tweets changed the tone from lawsuit to other means.

All his tweets today talk everything on the moon apart from what happened to the govt reply that was supposed to be filed with the court at 5 pm YESTERDAY.

I specifically sent him a couple tweets asking him if he can share whether or not a reply was filed by the respective defendants - NO RESPONSE from him since 2 hours now.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kartik1378 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP16K1237 View Post
I started getting 2nd thoughts abt {greg and his much hyped up class action lawsuit + motion for TRO} since the moment he tweeted yest evening that he is leaving Seattle back to TN. Prior to that he kept selling himself and built up the excitement around himself and his way of helping .. he kept tweeting and a gave a couple checkpoints like 4:15 pm and then 5:00 pm etc etc...essentially telling us the judge gave time to defendands to be able to submit reply.

Since after he left Seattle, his tweets changed the tone from lawsuit to other means.

All his tweets today talk everything on the moon apart from what happened to the govt reply that was supposed to be filed with the court at 5 pm YESTERDAY.

I specifically sent him a couple tweets asking him if he can share whether or not a reply was filed by the respective defendants - NO RESPONSE from him since 2 hours now.
Please move on and we focus and discuss on how to keep pressurizing through other channels.. its a lawsuit and takes its own time, nobody can do anything with it.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pman123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbusgc View Post
I have forwarded my entire communication (including the attachement) to Greg's and Barret's email ids. I got the response from Congressman Pittenger's Office here in Charlotte, NC.

Please let me know if there is any other email id I need to forward the communications to?
Thanks for sharing this, as it's actually the most detailed explanation anyone's been formally provided. Are you aware of any other members who've received similar information from their Members of Congress? Did Congressman Pittenger do anything in support of your member upon receiving the DHS explanation, or is he willing to?

Andrew Free
afree@barrettjohnston.com

Old 10-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pman123 is on a distinguished road

FYI .. above is the email I received from andrew .. I had forwarded the response that rbusgc had got from the congressman

Old 10-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monto1 is on a distinguished road

Immigrant professionals outraged over feds' reversal on green cards - StarTribune.com

Old 10-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The govt is supposed to file their reply at 5pm PST today.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman123 View Post
FYI .. above is the email I received from andrew .. I had forwarded the response that rbusgc had got from the congressman
Will send you a personal message ...

Old 10-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Today 5:00 PM PST

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeet80 View Post
The govt is supposed to file their reply at 5pm PST today.
Yep.. they have time till today 5:00 PM PST and hence no information regarding the reply will be available to anybody else till Monday morning except for the judge..

Old 10-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Nothing has changed yet as per his tweets. It is the Federal Court and the resolution thru court may take time. He is hoping of getting TRO on monday morning. Meanwhile he needs help with Following items. If anyone of you are going thru any of these phases, Please email him and that will make his lawsuit stronger.

Greg Siskind ‏@gsiskind 4h

5: If you've taken steps to seek a visa 4 another country or to return to your home country bc of #visagate2015 VisaGate2015Legal@gmail.com

Greg Siskind ‏@gsiskind 4h4 hours ago
4. If you filed an application yesterday or today in reliance on the ORIGINAL #visabulletin, email VisaGate2015Legal@gmail.com #visagate2015

3. If you're a high-skilled professional at risk of losing public grant funding bc of #visagate2015 email VisaGate2015Legal@gmail.com"
49 retweets 14 favorites
Reply Retweeted 49 Favorite 14
More

2. If you're a member or leader of professional or civic group with lots of members hurt by #visagate2015 email VisaGate2015Legal@gmail.com
44 retweets 14 favorites
Reply Retweeted 44 Favorite 14
More

1. If you've got a child aging out bc you're not able to file based on the Oct 2015 Visa Bulletin, contact us at VisaGate2015Legal@gmail.com

Old 10-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bazinga is on a distinguished road
Default Just Called Suzan DelBene's office

Just Called Suzan DelBene's office:
I mentioned I was with immigration voice, explained the fiasco to them and how me and my friends were so deeply affected. I had a good conversation with the staffer on the other end and felt she understood the issue, even though it wasn't her area of expertise.

Also requested follow up with WH legislative office. The staffer told me she was going to follow up after briefing someone more well versed with immigration policy and took down my contact details. I intend to follow up if I don't hear back from them.

Wish I had made the call 3 days ago, this wasn't nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be.

Folks in Seattle - this took under 10 mins, so just do it! Lets jam that switchboard with our stories!